By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - World gone mad: Philadelphia considers banning bulletproof glass because it’s racist

ArchangelMadzz said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Its not just spouting, they want to make it a crime to have glass between customers and the cashier. Its meddling with businesses and objectively making them less safe.

Why? Because communities with less crime don't have the glass. That's literally the logic.

Maybe the communities don't really need these business, so maybe their goal is to chase them out by making them feel less safe. I don't really know the logic.

And again, is this actually going to happen? Bump if it does but there's no way this craziness is actually going to pass.

It's a massive waste of time to make a thread on such craziness and the fact it got 70+ replies shows how easy it is to rile people up. 

More like  "what kind of dumb shit is this" being the general reaction to it. Spin all you want. 

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:
-CraZed- said:

Respect.

I don't live caring what's right or wrong. I live knowing that even I make mistakes.

Being incorrect doesn't piss me off. The retarded 'hurr durr da leeburals and sjw's are back it' is what makes me despise any sort of conversation involving politics nowadays. Why can't we criticize a law, person, or event without going 'dem lefties/righties back at it' as though we have the mental capabilities of a five year old? 

The world hasn't gone mad. This is a law that is one of many other laws that will probably end up being removed eventually. This need to insert dramatized bullshit into anything to get these reactions is a problem. 

No idea why the councilwoman did this, but viewing her history she's done some decent things. Can't we post the article without inflating the doom and gloom?

Are you not seeing the irony in your post?

ArchangelMadzz said:
One council person spouting craziness = world gone mad

Guess it's easy to wind people up these days

This guy. Are you just recycling what monocle_layton said without reading the article?

Eagle367 said:
monocle_layton said:

I don't live caring what's right or wrong. I live knowing that even I make mistakes.

Being incorrect doesn't piss me off. The retarded 'hurr durr da leeburals and sjw's are back it' is what makes me despise any sort of conversation involving politics nowadays. Why can't we criticize a law, person, or event without going 'dem lefties/righties back at it' as though we have the mental capabilities of a five year old? 

The world hasn't gone mad. This is a law that is one of many other laws that will probably end up being removed eventually. This need to insert dramatized bullshit into anything to get these reactions is a problem. 

No idea why the councilwoman did this, but viewing her history she's done some decent things. Can't we post the article without inflating the doom and gloom?

I think the extreme left and extreme right are both dangerous and we have to call bs out lest it becomes the norm. Believe me like in Canada there is a law where you are breaking human rights by calling someone the "wrong gender" whether intentionally or not and you would have to go to court to defend yourself and could go to jail. All that has to happen is some salty transgender person reports you

Is that true? There’s actually a law against that?

Lawlight said:
Eagle367 said:

I think the extreme left and extreme right are both dangerous and we have to call bs out lest it becomes the norm. Believe me like in Canada there is a law where you are breaking human rights by calling someone the "wrong gender" whether intentionally or not and you would have to go to court to defend yourself and could go to jail. All that has to happen is some salty transgender person reports you

Is that true? There’s actually a law against that?

Yeah, it's called bill c-16. It's what made Jordan Peterson famous. 

Around the Network
Qwark said:

Well I don't trust people and bullet proof glass does wonders for isolation. In other news a nice satirical story about me building a snowman. Because winter has finally come in The Netherlands.

I build a snowman this day at 8:00 clock.
Around 8:05 my feminist neighbour walked by asking why I made a snowman and not a snow woman and that I was sexist for making only a snowman. So I also made a snow woman and made them hold hands.

By 8:30 I was finally done making my snow woman and snow man holding hands. So at 8:45 the keeper of the daycare center down the street was offended by the breast size of my snow woman.

At 9:00 clock the gay neighbor down the street was offended that my snowman didn't include any kind of pro gay statement. Me being kind of done building snowmans said he was free to build a snowman besides mine and making then hold hands as well.

Within 1 hour my snowman was a hit topic on twitter and there where a plethora of YouTube videos claiming what was wrong with my creation and my harsh treatment and homophobic disrepect against my gay neighbor down the street.

To summarise the commotion my Snowman and Snow woman where to white and resembled white superiority. Where a waste of food because I used a carrot and my personal favourite I assumed the genders of my creations, which was also sexist. At the end of the day I decided never to build a snowman again.

The fact that this never happened, but that there is probably someone out there who could actually think something like this in the real world exists is truly sad indeed, just like complaining about Bullet proof glass is just as sad as any of the scenarios in this sketch.

I like your post. Imma culturally appropriate it, thanks for understanding.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

World gone mad: People want a pedophile as their senator

StarOcean said:

Trump would support anyone that is for his tax cuts.

sethnintendo said:
StarOcean said:

Oh I know. I think I should start making these kinds of threads since I see a lot of dumb bullshit stories posted here as threads. Like this non-story

StarOcean said:
sethnintendo said:

Oh I know. I think I should start making these kinds of threads since I see a lot of dumb bullshit stories posted here as threads. Like this non-story

Please do so that you don’t have to show your frustration in this thread - all because a “progressive” is being idiotic.