By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4’s 2018 exclusive games: One of the best years for a console in gaming history?

Ni No Kuni 2 is coming to PC...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/589360/Ni_no_Kuni_II_Revenant_Kingdom/

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Around the Network

Meh, only one I'm mildly interested in is God of War.

I remember when I got a Playstation 4 I was so excited. It was more or less the first Playstation console I owned and I was ready to jump into their great exclusive line up. They had a track record of making mature, fun, and intersting creative titles.

I'd say that since getting a Playstation 4 I've been more than disappointed. The exclusives are rarely great. That's changed a bit with Japanese third party support like Bloodborne or Persona, but next year will mostly be focused on Western titles. It will be especially hard for them to succeed next year because most of these games are story driven, and quite honestly I think gamers are too easily pleased by stories presented in them. A lot of the times games stories aren't that great but everyone hypes them up for even trying ( " It's not a game script, it's a ... script!" ). Especially when games market their stories in a really pretentious way ... their stories tend to be worse than a regular game's story, because they focus on it so much the cracks are more noticeable.

To rip off Azuren:

Ni No Kuni 2: Not exclusive, and I honestly have not seen anything to make me hype up this game. Conclusion : Meh

Shadow of the Colossus Remake: YES! AWESOME! The reason I'm considering a PS4 Pro! Conclusion : YESS!!

Yakuza 6: I haven't even played 0 or Kiwami yet, I'm Yakuza'd out Conclusion : Ehhhhhhhh

God of War: Meh. Looks too much like TLOU but I like the look of that NeverEnding Story dragon. I would be more interested in this if Sony *cough cough* released GOW 1 and 2 on PS4 *cough*. As of now this looks meh Conclusion : Meh

Detroit: Looks better with every trailer! But I'm skeptical because of it's genre ....... blegh Conclusion : Skeptically hyped 

Spider Man: I'm not much into super heroes but it looks cool possibly Conclusion : Ehhhh

Days Gone: Ehhhh could be awesome could be bad Conclusion : Ehhhh

Dreams: Naaaahhhhhhh lol Conclusion : Is this even a game?

Concrete Genie: Looks cool! Hope it's good! Conclusion : Yeahhh!

Dissidia FF: Who cares? Conclusion : Blegh

So I'm not going to take a wait and see approach. But as of now, i'd say probably not. This list reminds me a lot of those threads I made this year that were like "2017 BEST YEAR IN GAMING???" "2017 YEAR OF PLATFORMING???" and I'd just list a bunch of games as if that meant anything In hindsight those threads I made were dumb.

Then again I'm a cynical asshole. So take what I say with a grain of pepper.

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 10 December 2017

pitzy272 said:

NI NO KUNI

SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS REMAKE:

YAKUZA 6:

GOD OF WAR

DETROIT

SPIDER-MAN

DAYS GONE

DREAMS

CONCRETE GENIE

DISSIDIA FF:

Not a chance especially with the line up you have in the OP, this year and last year both had way better releases than what is being currently projected for 2018.

Anyways, in terms of whats on the list

Ni No Kuni 2 - getting it on PC

Shadow of Colossus Remake - getting that day 1 more than likely

yakuza 6 - bargain bin

God of War - getting that day 1 or year 1

Detroit - bargain bin

Spiderman - getting it year 1 or bargain bin

Days Gone - I'll pass or bargain bin

Dreams - I'll pass or bargain bin

Concrete genie - Pass entirely

Dissidia FF - bargain bin

---

2017's line up blows this away

Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
FFXII The Zodiac Age
Horizon Zero Dawn
The Last Guardian
Persona 5
Gravity Rush 2
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Yakuza Kiwami
Nioh (even though its on PC)
LocoRoco Remastered
LocoRoco 2 Remastered

Last edited by BasilZero - on 10 December 2017

Basil's YouTube Channel

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Days Gone: Ehhhh could be awesome could be bad Conclusion : Ehhhh

Dood, it has zombie bears! There's no possibility of being bad with zombie bears!

Around the Network

Definitely Hyped for Spider-Man, depending on my budget and when it releases, it might be a day 1 purchase for me. I had fun playing The Amazing Spider Man 2, so this should feel like a slice of heaven. Probably will get GOW down the line when it's way cheaper, same goes for shadow of the colossus.

We all know Sony domination is a real thing and there is nothing Microsoft or Nintendo can do about it....

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Ajax said:
pitzy272 said:

What’s the point of commenting if you’re going to contribute nothing? Please go elsewhere if you just want to make arrogant statements with nothing behind them. If you want to give your opinion, and state why, that’s absolutely welcome. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_considered_the_best

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_by_year

An accurate list of the first one of only because FF7 and FFX are included, but no FF9.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Buy, Wait for Sale or Skip Scale:

NI NO KUNI:  Buy.

SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS REMAKE:  Wait for Sale.

YAKUZA 6Buy.

GOD OF WAR:  Buy.

DETROIT:  Buy.

SPIDER-MAN:  Buy.

DAYS GONE:  Buy.

DREAMS:  Skip.

CONCRETE GENIE:  Skip.

DISSIDIA FF:  Need to know more about the game.

EDIT: Best Year in Console Gaming History? That depends on the opinion of each individual, id say that next year the PS4 will have WAY more System Seller games than this year, which will result in the Highest selling year for the console.

God of War and Spiderman alone will move an insane amount of units, hell even Shadow of the Colossus will do its thing too.

With the help of these exclusives, plus the marketing deals for next year 3rd Party Games that include the likes of Far Cry 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2, the PS4 will destroy 2017 numbers. That is for sure.

Last edited by ThisGuyFooks - on 10 December 2017

BasilZero said:

Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
FFXII The Zodiac Age

Horizon Zero Dawn
The Last Guardian
Persona 5
Gravity Rush 2
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Yakuza Kiwami
LocoRoco Remastered
LocoRoco 2 Remastered

The bolded are all either remasters or available on other platforms, cutting this list of reasons to buy a PS4 by more than 50%.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
BasilZero said:

Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
FFXII The Zodiac Age

Horizon Zero Dawn
The Last Guardian
Persona 5
Gravity Rush 2
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Yakuza Kiwami
LocoRoco Remastered
LocoRoco 2 Remastered

The bolded are all either remasters or available on other platforms, cutting this list of reasons to buy a PS4 by more than 50%.

Doesnt matter.

Worth. Every. Single. Penny. It. Is.

Especially Kingdom hearts.

4th marathon

#4 The Players

Basil's YouTube Channel