By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4’s 2018 exclusive games: One of the best years for a console in gaming history?

Definitely Hyped for Spider-Man, depending on my budget and when it releases, it might be a day 1 purchase for me. I had fun playing The Amazing Spider Man 2, so this should feel like a slice of heaven. Probably will get GOW down the line when it's way cheaper, same goes for shadow of the colossus.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
Ajax said:
pitzy272 said:

What’s the point of commenting if you’re going to contribute nothing? Please go elsewhere if you just want to make arrogant statements with nothing behind them. If you want to give your opinion, and state why, that’s absolutely welcome. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_considered_the_best

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_by_year

An accurate list of the first one of only because FF7 and FFX are included, but no FF9.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Buy, Wait for Sale or Skip Scale:

NI NO KUNI:  Buy.

SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS REMAKE:  Wait for Sale.

YAKUZA 6Buy.

GOD OF WAR:  Buy.

DETROIT:  Buy.

SPIDER-MAN:  Buy.

DAYS GONE:  Buy.

DREAMS:  Skip.

CONCRETE GENIE:  Skip.

DISSIDIA FF:  Need to know more about the game.

EDIT: Best Year in Console Gaming History? That depends on the opinion of each individual, id say that next year the PS4 will have WAY more System Seller games than this year, which will result in the Highest selling year for the console.

God of War and Spiderman alone will move an insane amount of units, hell even Shadow of the Colossus will do its thing too.

With the help of these exclusives, plus the marketing deals for next year 3rd Party Games that include the likes of Far Cry 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2, the PS4 will destroy 2017 numbers. That is for sure.

Last edited by ThisGuyFooks - on 10 December 2017

BasilZero said:

2017's line up blows this away

Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
FFXII The Zodiac Age

Horizon Zero Dawn
The Last Guardian
Persona 5
Gravity Rush 2
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Yakuza Kiwami
Nioh (even though its on PC)
LocoRoco Remastered
LocoRoco 2 Remastered

The bolded are all either remasters or available on other platforms, cutting this list of reasons to buy a PS4 by more than 50%.

BasilZero said:
Azuren said:

The bolded are all either remasters or available on other platforms, cutting this list of reasons to buy a PS4 by more than 50%.

Doesnt matter.

Worth. Every. Single. Penny. It. Is.

Especially Kingdom hearts.

4th marathon

#4 The Players

Not saying it isn't worth it, I'm just saying that if someone wants to try hard enough they can get these games elsewhere.

Around the Network

It does look like it's going to be a great year. God of War, Spider-Man, SotC, and Dreams are my must buys. I might buy Ni No Kuni, Days Gone, and Detroit. Not sure about the rest.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

People complaining that Ni No Kuni 2 isn’t exclusive are seemingly finally admitting XBox has no exclusives at all, right?!

I dont know how anyone could see the Detroit PSX Demo and not be interested in the game.

It looks so fucking fresh.

Every single person that complains about the monotony of annual games and sequels has to buy this game.

Diversity is Playstation specialty.

BasilZero said:
Azuren said:

Not saying it isn't worth it, I'm just saying that if someone wants to try hard enough they can get these games elsewhere.

Playstation 4 is the best system to get these games on, why the hell would you buy it on PS2 or PS3 when you can buy it on the best Playstation platform right now in the world?

60 frames bra

4k bra for Bravia

#4thePower

No but seriously, PS4 is the best place to buy Kingdom Hearts right now.

And I don't disagree, but facts are still facts.

Early 2018 games I know I'm buying.

Ni No Kuni II (PS4)
Digimon Cybersleuth Hackers Memory (PS4)
Lost Sphear (NS)
Blade Strangers (NS)
Yakuza 6 (PS4)
Dragon's Crown Pro (PS4,triple dipping on this)

You couldn't pay me to play Kingdom Hearts or God of War. And you would have to put a literal gun to my head to play anything from David Cage. He's trash and so are his "games" Ugh.