By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4’s 2018 exclusive games: One of the best years for a console in gaming history?

SegataSanshiro said:

Early 2018 games I know I'm buying.

Ni No Kuni II (PS4)
Digimon Cybersleuth Hackers Memory (PS4)
Lost Sphear (NS)
Blade Strangers (NS)
Yakuza 6 (PS4)
Dragon's Crown Pro (PS4,triple dipping on this)

You couldn't pay me to play Kingdom Hearts or God of War. And you would have to put a literal gun to my head to play anything from David Cage. He's trash and so are his "games" Ugh.

So you only play Japanese games?

Around the Network

between Undertale, Horizon:Something Something Spawn, Nier Automata, Personae and even a quick cash in Uncharted.......this year was already more interesting then what next year is looking like.

Lawlight said:
Flilix said:
Nintendo had Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Arms, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Echoes, Metroid: Samus Returns, ... all in one year. Sure, Sony's 2018 may turn out to be better than Nintendo's 2017, but so far it isn't, imo.

That’s a good point but Nintendo did push back releases on its previous system to release them on the Switch. Imagine if all those 2017 titles were pushed back and released at the same time as the 2018 games and add a remaster like Demon’s Souls to the mix.

The Wii U was abandoned years ago, i believe most 2017 projects were original being developed for the Wii U until the decided to wait for the Switch.

Is there a game on the Switch that couldn't run on the Wii U? 

Lawlight said:
Flilix said:
Nintendo had Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Arms, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Echoes, Metroid: Samus Returns, ... all in one year. Sure, Sony's 2018 may turn out to be better than Nintendo's 2017, but so far it isn't, imo.

That’s a good point but Nintendo did push back releases on its previous system to release them on the Switch. Imagine if all those 2017 titles were pushed back and released at the same time as the 2018 games and add a remaster like Demon’s Souls to the mix.

Okay, 3DS in 2013 is maybe a better example: Pokémon X&Y, Tomodachi Life, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Monster Hunter 4, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Yokai Watch, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Fire Emblem Awakening, Donkey Kong Country Returns...

Again, PS4's 2018 may turn out to be better than this, but so far it doesn't seem like it will.

Also I agree that this year is def better with Persona 5, Nier Automata, Ni-Oh and Horizon:Zero Dawn being 90+ games IMO even if 3 of those are not exclusive, HellBlade was solid too.

Around the Network
Flilix said:
Lawlight said:

Okay, 3DS in 2013 is maybe a better example: Pokémon X&Y, Tomodachi Life, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Monster Hunter 4, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Yokai Watch, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Fire Emblem Awakening, Donkey Kong Country Returns...

Again, PS4's 2018 may turn out to be better than this, but so far it doesn't seem like it will.

You can remove the games that got released in Japan only in 2013, Monster Hunter, Tomodachi Life and Yokai Watch, from the list. It’s a good list that remains but, come on, you have a couple of yearly franchises and a port with 3D in there. And I think the variety in a list also matters.

Lawlight said:
Flilix said:

You can remove the games that got released in Japan only in 2013, Monster Hunter, Tomodachi Life and Yokai Watch, from the list. It’s a good list that remains but, come on, you have a couple of yearly franchises and a port with 3D in there. And I think the variety in a list also matters.

The fact that these three games only released in Japan in 2013 doesn't really make a lot of a difference, it just make 2014/2015 for the West slightly better. The only franchise that is sort of yearly is Pokémon, but a completely new Pokémon game like X/Y only releases every few years. Donkey Kong Country Returns is indeed a port, but so is Shadow of the Colossus. The variety isn't a problem either: there's a turn-based RPG, simulation game, action-adventure, platformer, action RPG and turn-based strategy.

Nothing will beat Nintendo's 2017 for a long time imo.

OTBWY said:
Nothing will beat Nintendo's 2017 for a long time imo.

I Agree, Nintendo Switch´s first year (March-March) have:

-ZELDA BOTW (GOTY and best game this generation according to Metacritic)

-Super Mario Odyssey (Second best game this generation according to Metacritic)

-Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Great JRPG)

-Arms ( A New IP and A good Fighting Game with motion controls)

-Splatoon 2 (an innovative shooter game)

-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe ( the best Karting Game ever)

-Fire Emblem Warrior (Good Warrior Game)

-Pokken Tournament

-Mario and Rabbids (Basically Nintendo X-COM)

-Super Bomberman R (Return of a Classic, With  Excellent Free DLC)

-1-2 Switch

-FAST RMX (Basically F-Zero)

-Snipperclips Plus

-Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura

-Bayonetta 1-2

All are exclusive Games, Also portable and Nintendo Have 5 life year more. PS4 only 2 years. This year is the best in the generation

This year seems hard to beat. Just horizon, persona 5 and gt sport look to be better than all the 2018 exclusives. Ill be getting yakuza 6, yakuza kiwami 2, final fantasy dissidia, ni no kuni 2 and spiderman day1