By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it safe to say Amiibo are dead?

Hope we get some more Mega Man amiibo next year.

Around the Network

I think it's just Wal-Mart. Mine hasn't had any Amiibo, in about 6 months now.

Didn’t bayonetta and cloud just come out not long ago?

Didn't we just get a cereal box Amiibo.

Amiibo are not dead; Amiibo are stronger than ever.

Hope so, but doubt it.

Around the Network

Amiibos have generally been on a downturn in the economy when you consider that their most useful functionality has basically been neglected. If a Smash port comes around, then I believe that will reinvigorate amiibo relevance. After all, amiibo derived from Smash and without Smash amiibo don't have much of a purpose unless Nintendo can find another way to implement amiibo without making them lock content.

Even if they got to a point where all stores stopped stocking them they could always list them on their online stores and probably still have steady orders coming in for them.

friendlyfamine said:
Amiibos have generally been on a downturn in the economy when you consider that their most useful functionality has basically been neglected. If a Smash port comes around, then I believe that will reinvigorate amiibo relevance. After all, amiibo derived from Smash and without Smash amiibo don't have much of a purpose unless Nintendo can find another way to implement amiibo without making them lock content.

Time for a new Smash then.

If only

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
If only

Your only choice is to buy them all up and then nuke them in a microwave for youtube videos.  That would show Nintendo.