By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

Ryng_Tolu said:
zorg1000 said:

Probably wipe away the tears with all the money they are making

Thats exactly what i was thinking about when i wrote that.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

what? 3d mario is also huge, mario 3d land out sold NSMB 2. zelda is also huge. the game have gotten crazy critic acclaim. i'm willing to bet 2d mario wont beat mario odyssey in sales. mario odyssey in sales is a monster. 

NSMB2 outsold 3D Land

according to vgcharts it didn't

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

NSMB2 outsold 3D Land

According to Nintendo it did

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

console will be very front loaded it wont reach 3ds numbers. nintendo has 4 monster franchises out, plus its getting boost from thesmall user base that buys there home consoles, thats why its in front of 3ds.

It will probably fall off a cliff next year

And when it doesnt then itll be 2019

tbone51 said:
zorg1000 said:

It will probably fall off a cliff next year

And when it doesnt then itll be 2019

Thats if they havent discontinued it by then

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

According to Nintendo it did

regardless they are pretty close, NSMB2 sold more because it was more heavily bundled, because its a much cheaper game to make.

1X did more than I expected and those sales are from a little over a week so its probably over 500k. Expected 350-400K for it. Hopefully the momentum continues.
Also Switch did good too but sorta shocked that the base Xbox One S outsold it. Expecting switch to have a really good December though.

Ryng_Tolu said:
quickrick said:
SO switch is only did 750-770k. lmao thats pretty bad.

Oh no, poor Nintendo! What's gonna happen now that they sold 750-800K for 300$ withouth any promotions at all, and is doing better than 3DS launch allinied with such a way bigger price?

Nintendo is so doomed.

Wasn't the 3DS launch considered less that adecuate, though?

Good that we have more concrete numbers. The Switch doing ~750K-770K with little to no stock issues points to it being more in line with the 3DS than the Wii/PS4. Definitely not a bad thing, but it should keep some people's expectations in check.

I'd say the XBOX underperformed, especially when many thought it would do ~600K. Yes, it was more expensive than the Pro, BUT it had more than a year to build up hype (as opposed to a month), had more time to build up preorders than the Pro (~2 months vs 1), and was an easier sell to Xbox fans looking to upgrade. It MAY do better than the Pro's 20% of PS4 sales, but that doesn't mean much if the XBO still looks like it will end up ~50M or so.

thismeintiel said:

Good that we have more concrete numbers. The Switch doing ~750K-770K with little to no stock issues points to it being more in line with the 3DS than the Wii/PS4. Definitely not a bad thing, but it should keep some people's expectations in check.

I'd say the XBOX underperformed, especially when many thought it would do ~600K. Yes, it was more expensive than the Pro, BUT it had more than a year to build up hype (as opposed to a month), had more time to build up preorders than the Pro (~2 months vs 1), and was an easier sell to Xbox fans looking to upgrade. It MAY do better than the Pro's 20% of PS4 sales, but that doesn't mean much if the XBO still looks like it will end up ~50M or so.

Most people expected it to do 400kish based on how it sold in the UK. Where are you getting that most people expected 600k?