By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

DonFerrari said:
zorg1000 said:
I cant believe we have people denying Call of Duty & FIFA are two of the biggest system sellers on PS4.

My mind is blown right now.

Anyone denying it? But to pretend games that are yearly are bigger pushers than a game that had over 100% attach ratio is even funnier.

tbone51 said:

Knack is by far ps4 biggest seller..

@don holy crap im not quoting you with that long ass post! I will say you dont need a crystal ball to see switch wont heavily decline next year lol

Well, you must discuss his points instead of dismiss asking for crystal ball and then saying you don't need.

Discuss his points? Everyone did and he is ignoring them. If i were to say this is ps4 peak year and sales are going to fall off a cliff then i would (and should) be targeted for saying such an outlandish thing

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:

Lol, almost 800 posts despite little concrete info. Clearly some feathers ruffled here, on both sides

the places are confirmed.... and its also confirmed that NS didn't do a million. 

How much more concrete do you need the info to be?

This just goes to show that numbers aren't what most really care about here but rather who wins.

Playstation_awaiter said:
Imagine the meltdowns if it turns out Xbox won lol.

Lmao.Vgchartz will shut down,the salt would be too much to handle and the bans will be ridiculous,hahaha.

zorg1000 said:
DonFerrari said:

Reason for sale, reason for the success of PS4. And why would someone decide to buy PS4 in 2017 because of Fifa 18 that prevented the person from buying it on all the previous years? That is the point about it being yearly

Thats like asking why would somebody buy a 3DS in 2016 for Pokemon Sun/Moon when they could have in 2013-2014 when previous titles released.

Or why would somebody buy a PS2 in 2004 when San Andreas released when they could have in 2001/2002 when GTA3 or Vice City released.

Or why would somebody but an NES for Super Mario Bros 3 in 1990 when they could have in 1985-88 when the first 2 released.

Are we going to start questioning whether Sun/Moon, San Andreas or Super Mario 3 were system sellers?

But those aren't yearly releases. I think you're missing his point. 

Intrinsic said:
Teeqoz said:

Lol, almost 800 posts despite little concrete info. Clearly some feathers ruffled here, on both sides

the places are confirmed.... and its also confirmed that NS didn't do a million. 

This just goes to show that numbers aren't what most really care about here but rather who wins.

Who wins is just a small squabble. I'm interested in real numbers.

Around the Network
REDZONE said:
Playstation_awaiter said:
Imagine the meltdowns if it turns out Xbox won lol.

Lmao.Vgchartz will shut down,the salt would be too much to handle and the bans will be ridiculous,hahaha.

VGC runs on meltdowns. It needs them to survive. 

Teeqoz said:
Intrinsic said:

Who wins is just a small squabble. I'm interested in real numbers.

Yup... me too.

But we can't deny that who wins is what has made this thread one of the biggest NPD threads so far on this forum.

So maybe its not as small a squabble as you may think.

SWORDF1SH said:
zorg1000 said:

Thats like asking why would somebody buy a 3DS in 2016 for Pokemon Sun/Moon when they could have in 2013-2014 when previous titles released.

Or why would somebody buy a PS2 in 2004 when San Andreas released when they could have in 2001/2002 when GTA3 or Vice City released.

Or why would somebody but an NES for Super Mario Bros 3 in 1990 when they could have in 1985-88 when the first 2 released.

Are we going to start questioning whether Sun/Moon, San Andreas or Super Mario 3 were system sellers?

How does being yearly stop a franchise from being a system seller? It doesnt so he has no point.

By the way, Pokemon is pretty damn close to being yearly. Since 1996 there has only been like 3 or 4 years one didnt release.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Azuren said:
OTBWY said:

We have settled it privately via PM. No worries.

But I have to know who won! You can't get me all riled up and then not finish! Don't tease me!

Lol, the truth though is that no one wins these fandom console wars.  I just ends up in perpetual tooing and froing with essay like replies that go around in circles and circles of denial and repeating over and over. I'll have to give credit to OTBWY, settling it via PM is probably the smart way, - it just makes it a little less exciting for the rest of us who enjoy the dramas :)

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

zorg1000 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

How does being yearly stop a franchise from being a system seller? It doesnt so he has no point.

By the way, Pokemon is pretty damn close to being yearly. Since 1996 there has only been like 3 or 4 years one didnt release.

Again you are missing the point he's trying to make. If you can't see the difference between a yearly 'uodated' sports game and standalone classics then I don't know what to say.

Even though I understand what he is saying and accept his opinion, I don't entirely agree with him. For instance I believe Fifa does push console but less and less with every yearly release. Also CoD still shifts consoles but not to the extent it once did. Again that's attributed to yearly release but also franchise fatigue.