By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 > XBO > Switch

Lawlight said:
160rmf said:

Lol no. Many were expecting Nintendo release a "real" 3ds successor

Really. People were expecting Nintendo to have 2 handheld devices in 1 generation? Were you expecting that?

No, I didn't, but many were expecting this.

It's funny how I always see you in a Nintendo thread yet you are so out of touch with the discussions.

Last edited by 160rmf - on 10 December 2017

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

The majority of people knew that it would do well simply because it is the 3DS’s successor while also being a cheap console. Sure it is doing better than most expected. And no matter what you say price makes a big difference. Also, the PS4 is one of the fastest selling when you consider WW sales, not just US when it’s actually not selling that fast. Ask yourself - how would the Switch sales in the US have compared to the PS4’s if the latter was released at $299?

Alot of ifs. What if switch launched at $250 instead? How about $150? How about $400? 

And your wrong, majority thought it wouldnt do well at all back in the beginning of the year. All you do is need to find the threads back in jan/feb

I can’t find the thread. Care to post a link?

You can put the price argument to the side but it’s part of the equation if you want a good comparison.

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Alot of ifs. What if switch launched at $250 instead? How about $150? How about $400? 

And your wrong, majority thought it wouldnt do well at all back in the beginning of the year. All you do is need to find the threads back in jan/feb

You can put the price argument to the side but it’s part of the equation if you want a good comparison.

There is the rol thread. It's not difficult to find

Edit: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=224719&page=1

Here it is.

We reap what we sow

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Cmon you really dont remember that? After the January direct? 

Anyway according to you we can't ever compare launch align because of different prices. I mean x1 and ps4 isnt comparable

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Funny how all of a sudden price matters 100%. Especially when we all (most) thought before release it wasnt going to do good. "$300 is too expensive" and its one of the highest selling gaming hardware year 1

The majority of people knew that it would do well simply because it is the 3DS’s successor while also being a cheap console. Sure it is doing better than most expected. And no matter what you say price makes a big difference. Also, the PS4 is one of the fastest selling when you consider WW sales, not just US when it’s actually not selling that fast. Ask yourself - how would the Switch sales in the US have compared to the PS4’s if the latter was released at $299?

Switch is $50 more expensive than the 3DS at launch and the latter needed a big price cut before it started to sell well.

If the PS4 was released at $299 it would have been an underpowered console and it would have lost against the more powerful Xbox One.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network

It took a 33% price cut for PS4 and Xbox One to beat Switch for November. Had they all been $299, Switch would've come out on top like it's done several times this year. Why are people trying to push a narrative of Switch being a failure because of losing a month where the competition had significant discounts?

PortisheadBiscuit said:
It took a 33% price cut for PS4 and Xbox One to beat Switch for November. Had they all been $299, Switch would've come out on top like it's done several times this year. Why are people trying to push a narrative of Switch being a failure because of losing a month where the competition had significant discounts?

Nah Xbox would have won had Xbox and PS not been discounted

Are you guys still discussing if Switch is a failure?! Hilarious

PortisheadBiscuit said:

If no pricecut and the X launch I'd say Xbox would of came top. Switch and PS4 fighting for second. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Nah Xbox would have won had Xbox and PS not been discounted

Xbox One X launch coupled with One S (which no one gave a shit about until it was $189) still would've lost IMO