By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom Announced A Bunch Of Mega Man Games For All Current Gen Machines

Had a hard time finishing any regular Mega Man games outside 1-4.
- 5 & 6 felt like imitations of the earlier games, so I never got very far.
- 7 and Megaman & Bass never inspired me to play very long. Jumping seemed a bit wonky maybe?
- 8's voice acting turned me off completely, barely touched it because sweet baby Jesus, never imagined I'd hear a worse Mega Man than the one on Captain N.
- 9 & 10 looked like incredibly cheap nostalgia mining, something about going backwards visually for main installments in a series just to lure in us NES fans kind of pisses me off.

...all that said, 11 looks really nice. Don't give a **** about collections of games I already own though.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Dulfite said:
So they said each Mega man X game, but unless those come in a bundle package, I can't imagine they will have standalone package/eshop purchase options. What I mean is that so far we haven't had any retro games on the Switch, and the X games launching individually would be retro. Are these the first confirmed games for the forthcoming Switch Virtual Console?

IS IT ALMOST TIME!?!?!?

Not necessary, Switch has plenty of NEO-GEO releases and they of course are not part VC.

Good point, though the NEO GEO games are hardly comparable to the selling power of all the major old school titles (Mega man included and Mario). It still could be when they launch it. After all, why launch these games and not unveil the whole list of NES/SNES games? By that point sales of the SNES and NES mini will have died down (in anticipation of the N64 Mini) and they won't canabalize their own sales by launching Switch Virtual Console.

arcaneguyver said:
Had a hard time finishing any regular Mega Man games outside 1-4.
- 5 & 6 felt like imitations of the earlier games, so I never got very far.
- 7 and Megaman & Bass never inspired me to play very long. Jumping seemed a bit wonky maybe?
- 8's voice acting turned me off completely, barely touched it because sweet baby Jesus, never imagined I'd hear a worse Mega Man than the one on Captain N.
- 9 & 10 looked like incredibly cheap nostalgia mining, something about going backwards visually for main installments in a series just to lure in us NES fans kind of pisses me off.

...all that said, 11 looks really nice. Don't give a **** about collections of games I already own though.

This makes me cry, 7 is my second favourite of the classic series but nice on finishing 4.

NintendoPie said:
But Switch isn't current gen!

Oh hey, a Rol fan.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Has there ever been a better time to develop Megaman Legends 3? Nintendo's Switch audience alone should guarantee great sales and great legs, but a colorful platformer on the PS4 and XBoxOne would be like an oasis in a desert for the genre.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
Has there ever been a better time to develop Megaman Legends 3? Nintendo's Switch audience alone should guarantee great sales and great legs, but a colorful platformer on the PS4 and XBoxOne would be like an oasis in a desert for the genre.

I'd say that the early seventh gen would have been a better time for it.

BasilZero said:
Cloudman said:
I already own most of the games, but cool none the less. It'll be nice for people who haven't played them, or just want to own them on modern consoles.

My first Mega Man game I bought....was Legacy collection which I bought about two weeks ago for PC lmao.

Though in the old days I would rent out Mega Man X which was my first game in the franchise.

Dang, and you haven't played a MM game before? Well then, these 2 collections would be right up your alley then Though it's too bad they didn't combine all the titles like they did with the PS2/GC collections... :(

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Azuren said:

Oh hey, a Rol fan.

Is sarcasm patented by Rol? 

BasilZero said:
Cloudman said:

Dang, and you haven't played a MM game before? Well then, these 2 collections would be right up your alley then Though it's too bad they didn't combine all the titles like they did with the PS2/GC collections... :(

I have played them, well mainly 8 on SNES.

The X Series, I've only played 1, 2 and 3 though.

But beaten only 1 :p.

I also did play a bit of Mega Man Zero 1 and Battle Network 1 but thats to the extent of Mega Man I played.

Oh... well, that's good. The MegaMan games are fun and good overall. Though isn't the SNES one MM7? 8 was on the Saturn/PS1, unless you mean Mega Man and Bass.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

BasilZero said:
Cloudman said:

Oh... well, that's good. The MegaMan games are fun and good overall. Though isn't the SNES one MM7? 8 was on the Saturn/PS1, unless you mean Mega Man and Bass.

Just shows you how knowledgeable I am about Mega Man.

(Yes, I meant 7)

No worries, just checking

Dance my pretties!