By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Megaman 11 announced for Switch, PS4, XOne and PC

Azuren said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
Thread title got my hype to a 10 until I watched the trailer and saw the modern, non 8-bit graphics and music. Hype obliterated.

Weird since that seems to be what ignited most others' hype. I would've had little interest if it remained 8-bit.

This thread is not indicative of anything other than its self. It killed my interest. Looking at youtube, it killed a lot of people's interest as well. I guess we'll have to wait and see how well it reviews and sells before finding out if you or I are in the majority.

But I will say this. Sonic Mania is the first Sonic game since the GBA to be universally praised and HD graphics and music are not the reasons why.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Thread title got my hype to a 10 until I watched the trailer and saw the modern, non 8-bit graphics and music. Hype obliterated.

You really didnt like it?Outside of Megaman running animation, it looks great.This is honestly the best decision they could take, design wise.If megaman is to grow, they cant keep relying on nostalgia alone.The game being good or not is still to be seen, but so far so good.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

AlfredoTurkey said:
Azuren said:

Weird since that seems to be what ignited most others' hype. I would've had little interest if it remained 8-bit.

This thread is not indicative of anything other than its self. It killed my interest. Looking at youtube, it killed a lot of people's interest as well. I guess we'll have to wait and see how well it reviews and sells before finding out if you or I are in the majority.

But I will say this. Sonic Mania is the first Sonic game since the GBA to be universally praised and HD graphics and music are not the reasons why.

Nor was it because of its retro looks and music.It was praised because it was a great game due to its level design and mechanics.Because it felt like a Sonic game and was simply a great game.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Yasss!! Looking nice!

Ljink96 said:
They actually read our minds! They listened to us! This isn't the Capcom we know!

It’s also on iOS and you only can play one level every 24 hours unless you pay for special level crystals

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Ljink96 said:
They actually read our minds! They listened to us! This isn't the Capcom we know!

It’s also on iOS and you only can play one level every 24 hours unless you pay for special level crystals

Gah, I knew I got too excited. Should have known better. 

Nautilus said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Nor was it because of its retro looks and music.It was praised because it was a great game due to its level design and mechanics.Because it felt like a Sonic game and was simply a great game.

The reason it looked, played and felt like a Sonic game is because it tried to look, play and feel like a Genesis game which, by default, feels like Sonic because that is were good 2D Sonic games exist. Growth for the sake of growth is how you end up with things like Sonic 4. 

I can't think of any 2D game from the 80's and 90's that has been updated with modern HD graphics and sound that is as good as the games from those eras. Even NSMB, which was a commercial success, was not nearly as good as SMB3 or SMW. 

I hope Capcom magically figures out how to translate the greatness of Megman 2/3 into the modern world so you guys can enjoy it but I'm not holding my breath. There's just too many ways this can go wrong.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Azuren said:

Sonic Mania could have also been rendered in 3D and worked fine as long as the gameplay was tight.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

So pretty. Even though I prefer Mega Man X, I really need a new Mega Man fix in general.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Nautilus said:

The reason it looked, played and felt like a Sonic game is because it tried to look, play and feel like a Genesis game which, by default, feels like Sonic because that is were good 2D Sonic games exist. Growth for the sake of growth is how you end up with things like Sonic 4. 

I can't think of any 2D game from the 80's and 90's that has been updated with modern HD graphics and sound that is as good as the games from those eras. Even NSMB, which was a commercial success, was not nearly as good as SMB3 or SMW. 

I hope Capcom magically figures out how to translate the greatness of Megman 2/3 into the modern world so you guys can enjoy it but I'm not holding my breath. There's just too many ways this can go wrong.

One has nothing to do with the other.The game was good because the gameplay and level design was tight.And more importantly, it was a work of passion.If Capcom takes this seriously, and have some talented people on board they can make it work.