By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Star Citizen hits 170 million in funding

caffeinade said:

The game has no solid release date.

Wyrdness said:
When's the f**king release date?

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
God I want to back this game but I just can't. While it's visuals are PCMR worthy at it's finest... It's business model is pretty much as nonsense as it gets. Apparently, u can buy land in the game now with real money which is like.. :T

Granted you could buy it with in-game currency but cum on.

Hopefully one day, they will finish it and the price will be reasonable but until then... :T

Naughty, naughty...

Mar1217 said:
How is it still going on ?!

Same reason Ghost of Tsushima has sold over a million copies.
Hype.

At the moment I can't build a new PC able to run it decently (and my current internet connection sucks for most online games too, War Robots on Android is the only true online multiplayer I can run decently), but I'm very interested in this game, and I really hope all go well and they use those funds to give it feasible and viable features, without wasting them on currently or in the mid term impossible things, so that all end well and the game finally be released in its retail version. They'll better follow the old model for ambitious games and possibly release expansions later.
They have the funds, and the crowdfunding model gave them additional word of mouth hype and free advertising, plus an already granted big initial number of gamers that paid even before launch, they must not waste all this, it would be unforgivable.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

It's progressing, but the game is not ready yet. those with 3.0 access is experiencing big frame rate dips.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Teeqoz said:
Roughly 90$ per backer on average.

Wow, so many prankster uncles and crazy grandmas backing a Star Wars ripoff.

I thought pc gaming was cheap?

Wow. That is a huge support base.

Heard about this for years. I predict this won't do well commercially will be only the backers playing

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

This has to be a scam. I see a prettier version of no mans sky happening. There cant be this little progress after all this time and money.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

is this still not out?