By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Star Citizen hits 170 million in funding

The PC Exclusive Space MMO: Star Citizen has just hit 170 million USD in crowd funding.
With 1.9 million backers, and 170 million USD in funding: the game is currently the world's largest, crowd funded project.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

Earlier this year the developers behind Star Citizen, Cloud Imperium Games showed off their procedural city tech.
An Excerpt from the 2017 CitizenCon livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9RUWxsVmws

The game has no solid release date.

Around the Network

Roughly 90$ per backer on average.

Teeqoz said:
Roughly 90$ per backer on average.

PC gamers are all pirates!

God I want to back this game but I just can't. While it's visuals are PCMR worthy at it's finest... It's business model is pretty much as nonsense as it gets. Apparently, u can buy land in the game now with real money which is like.. :T

Granted you could buy it with in-game currency but cum on.

Hopefully one day, they will finish it and the price will be reasonable but until then... :T

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
God I want to back this game but I just can't. While it's visuals are PCMR worthy at it's finest... It's business model is pretty much as nonsense as it gets. Apparently, u can buy land in the game now with real money which is like.. :T

Hopefully one day, they will finish it and the price will be reasonable but until then... :T

I'm just in it for the single player portion.

I may play the MMO for a week as a space drifter, but I have no real interest in MMOs.

Around the Network

Better get it done now.

KLAMarine said:
Better get it done now.

They have to make some languages first.

Captain_Yuri said:

Apparently we'll be able to buy that the regular way upon full release. I don't think they are literally going to make the game, where you have to be a bank manager, in order to afford anything.

If they make in-game currency worth peanuts compared to real cash by release day/month, they are going to know about it  

Still, the more I see of the game, the more gorgeous it looks.

Can't rush progress though. Not like most AAA devs do these days within 1-2 years

Going to live the dream of Spike Spiegel in the MMO part of the game (more or less how I play in Rebel Galaxy, which even has tunes like Cowboy Bebop).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Captain_Yuri said:

erm..was that in purpose?

When's the f**king release date?