By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. December bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

This thread is broken for me. I don't understand why. I see a WW1 photo which is awesome!

Around the Network
quickrick said:
hudsoniscool said:
Benji on resetera says the switch is doing really well in December. That it's most likely not even going to even close. And that November and December look very very different. And ww2 is killing it.

I'm not sure i would give this guy much credibility after lat month. he had data for last month, even though he said switch would probably come in last, then on his next post he went on to say it could also win november npd, he's not sure. if the guy had real good data, he sure as hell wouldn't be saying that when ps4 beat switch by over 800k.

I think benji uses Amazon. ;()

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Pionner said:
quickrick said:

I'm not sure i would give this guy much credibility after lat month. he had data for last month, even though he said switch would probably come in last, then on his next post he went on to say it could also win november npd, he's not sure. if the guy had real good data, he sure as hell wouldn't be saying that when ps4 beat switch by over 800k.

He claims he uses real data, but how can he when he wasn't even sure ps4 would beat switch last month? yet he's pretty sure switch will win this month.

19 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#11 NS Grey (down 6)
#13 NS Neon (down 3)
#15 PS4 Star Wars (down 7)
#23 SNES Classic (down 11)
#36 XB1 Forza (down 7)
#62 XB1X (down 8)
#98 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 33)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
Nothing at the moment

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Well, the craziness was fun while it lasted.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Pionner said: 

He claims he uses real data, but how can he when he wasn't even sure ps4 would beat switch last month? yet he's pretty sure switch will win this month.

Based on his posts, it sounds like he works for GameStop and has access to all of its sales numbers. While GameStop holds the plurality of the video game marketshare, it is not necessarily representative of the landscape from Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and Amazon. Abdiel has numbers from Best Buy. If his assessment shows similar patterns as Benji's, then it's safe to assume that the trends are similar in other retailers.

zorg1000 said:
Kerotan said:

Well you conveniently consider price atm but you leave it out when comparing switch vs ps4 launch aligned. Switch launched $100 cheaper and with a portable function which gives it a huge advantage on paper. Yet ps4 still beats it.

Anyway I'm gone off on a tangent. Last numbers we have for America in November the ps4 steam rolled the switch. The Switch is still doing respectable numbers its just not on PlayStations level. And WW it's a bloodbath. 

Price doesnt exist in a vacuum, its not as simple as "Switch in 2017 is cheaper than PS4 in 2014 therefore it has an advantage".

PS4 had poor competition in 2014 while Switch has strong competition in 2017.

I also find it kind of funny how the argument used to be that Switch has so many hidden costs like needing to get a memory card, pro controller, case, screen protector, etc. that made it soooooo overpriced.

But now that its selling on par with PS4 in the same time frame all of a sudden those things arent a factor and it has a major price advantage over PS4.

Switch has stronger competition? Ps4 doesn't compete very well with switch in terms of a portable and it definitely doesn't in terms of its type of software. Cartoon style games mainly. Switch has very little competition. 

PS4 on the other hand directly competes with xb1 and pc. 

hudsoniscool said:
Benji on resetera says the switch is doing really well in December. That it's most likely not even going to even close. And that November and December look very very different. And ww2 is killing it.

Source?

Aura7541 said:
quickrick said:

Based on his posts, it sounds like he works for GameStop and has access to all of its sales numbers. While GameStop holds the plurality of the video game marketshare, it is not necessarily representative of the landscape from Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and Amazon. Abdiel has numbers from Best Buy. If his assessment shows similar patterns as Benji's, then it's safe to assume that the trends are similar in other retailers.

honestly his assessment  sounds useless to me, when at the end of November he said switch could still win, if his data can't be certain   that ps4 would win november when it outsold switch by more then 850k, then his data is useless. shockingly he is certain switch will win december, and i bet it won't. to me it seems he uses online data.

Aura7541 said:
quickrick said:

I am pretty sure that GameStop is number 1 in the US for software market share but Walmart is number 1 in the US for hardware market share. At least that's how it used to be.