By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. December bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

zorg1000 said:
hudsoniscool said:
Last year sony did almost 1.6 million in December npd with the new pro and a 249$ uncharted bundle. I think a 249$ Battlefront bundle this year is much less appealing. Especially when coming off that 199$ BF price(with 50$ gift card at GameStop).

I think about 1.2 million for December, whether or not it's enough to take the month I'm not sure.

Dec 2015 & 2016 were both 1.5+ million so i think it can this year too.

Definitely possible.  I'm expecting 1.3M-1.4M.  Of course, there is the SW movie coming out that is getting great reviews and will be huge.  That could definitely get kids and adult gamers wanting the SW Bundle.  So, if the PS4 doesn't sell 2.5M+ this month, it's a flop. 

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
zorg1000 said:

Dec 2015 & 2016 were both 1.5+ million so i think it can this year too.

Definitely possible.  I'm expecting 1.3M-1.4M.  Of course, there is the SW movie coming out that is getting great reviews and will be huge.  That could definitely get kids and adult gamers wanting the SW Bundle.  So, if the PS4 doesn't sell 2.5M+ this month, it's a flop. 

Yeah 2.5 million sounds about right.

im going to set really high expectations so when it doesnt meet them i can tell PS fans that its sales werent that good

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
hudsoniscool said:

At the same price as last year?

Sure, i dont think its a certainty just thats its possible.

December is typically better than Nov.

Ya I suppose it's possible but imo that's the max. But then again PS4 surpasses my expectations all the time, damn thing is a beast.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:
zorg1000 said:

Sure, i dont think its a certainty just thats its possible.

December is typically better than Nov.

Ya I suppose it's possible but imo that's the max. But then again PS4 surpasses my expectations all the time, damn thing is a beast.

Ya anywhere in the 1.2-1.6 million range is what i expect.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
thismeintiel said:

im going to set really high expectations so when it doesnt meet them i can tell PS fans that its sales werent that good

BTW, what are you predicting for Switch this month?  If Dec still does great for Nintendo, like in the past, I think it should easily hit 1.2M+.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
zorg1000 said:

BTW, what are you predicting for Switch this month?  If Dec still does great for Nintendo, like in the past, I think it should easily hit 1.2M+.

Yeah, a 50% MoM increase would be pretty good.

It would be awesome to see it match 3DS first December (1.65m) but im not going to bet on it.

Im not going to get super specific but i think PS4/XBO/NSW all do 1-1.5 million.

Just noticed Mario is $5 off on Amazon and Target, so generous of Nintendo lol

hudsoniscool said:
ironmanDX said:

X did 430k? How do you know that? Npd numbers finally out?

An insider(I guess) on resetera posted that it did 430k which was 65% more than the pro did in its launch (260k). Zhuge and matt(npd analyst) confirmed. 

Edit. My prediction was 400k 

And on second thought I'm guessing 245k for X December sales. Then come Jan it will start doing bad until it gets a pricedrop or serious bundles.

Like this one? https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2017/12/15/xbox-one-x-pubg-promotion/

UltimateGamer1982 said:
hudsoniscool said:

An insider(I guess) on resetera posted that it did 430k which was 65% more than the pro did in its launch (260k). Zhuge and matt(npd analyst) confirmed. 

Edit. My prediction was 400k 

And on second thought I'm guessing 245k for X December sales. Then come Jan it will start doing bad until it gets a pricedrop or serious bundles.

Like this one? https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2017/12/15/xbox-one-x-pubg-promotion/

I'm sure it will help a bit, but it's only a 30$ game. And it's probably the worst game to showcase the power of the x. Games that would make good bundles are games like wolfenstien 2, ac origins, forza 7. And when I say serious bundle I ment something like forza 7 and ac origins for 499.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Mar1217 said:
The price cut begins and the thread becomes alive once again lol

It was boring cause there was barely any movement on the charts. 

Pocky Lover Boy!