By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. December bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

X did 430k units in November, a drop off is expected. I'm expecting it to do about 270k in December. 500$ is too much to keep sales high.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network

Battlefront II bundle has now hit #5. I guess Star Wars fever really has kicked in.

gtjay1982 said:
SWBF PS4 up to 12. Don't know if it has the steam to reach number 1 though. Should pass at least one Switch sku though. Is the deal on offer anywhere else yet?

#5 now, and ahead of the switch.

hudsoniscool said:
X did 430k units in November, a drop off is expected. I'm expecting it to do about 270k in December. 500$ is too much to keep sales high.

X did 430k? How do you know that? Npd numbers finally out?

ironmanDX said:
hudsoniscool said:

X did 430k? How do you know that? Npd numbers finally out?

An insider(I guess) on resetera posted that it did 430k which was 65% more than the pro did in its launch (260k). Zhuge and matt(npd analyst) confirmed. 

Edit. My prediction was 400k 

And on second thought I'm guessing 245k for X December sales. Then come Jan it will start doing bad until it gets a pricedrop or serious bundles.

Around the Network

Last year sony did almost 1.6 million in December npd with the new pro and a 249$ uncharted bundle. I think a 249$ Battlefront bundle this year is much less appealing. Especially when coming off that 199$ BF price(with 50$ gift card at GameStop).

I think about 1.2 million for December, whether or not it's enough to take the month I'm not sure.

hudsoniscool said:
Last year sony did almost 1.6 million in December npd with the new pro and a 249$ uncharted bundle. I think a 249$ Battlefront bundle this year is much less appealing. Especially when coming off that 199$ BF price(with 50$ gift card at GameStop).

I think about 1.2 million for December, whether or not it's enough to take the month I'm not sure.

Dec 2015 & 2016 were both 1.5+ million so i think it can this year too.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

6 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#05 PS4 Star Wars (up 5)
#06 NS Grey (up 1)
#07 NS Neon (down 2)
#25 SNES Classic (up 3)
#26 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 2)
#31 PS4 Pro (same)
#32 XB1X (up 3)
#42 N2DSXL T+B (same)
#56 XB1 Forza (up 2)
#66 XB1 (up 3)
#98 XB1 Minecraft (sam)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
Nothing at the moment

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 3 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5
XB1: 4 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 2 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

zorg1000 said:
hudsoniscool said:

At the same price as last year?

hudsoniscool said:
zorg1000 said:

At the same price as last year?

Sure, i dont think its a certainty just thats its possible.

December is typically better than Nov.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.