By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. December bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/38308263/amazon-australia-top-10-products-after-week-one/

The top ten selling items on Amazon Australia in the last week:

1. FIFA 18 PS4
2. CALL OF DUTY: WW2 PS4
3. STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II PS4
4. Nintendo Switch – Neon Blue and Red Joy-Con
5. Strong 3M HDMI Cable
6. Strong Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
7. The Barefoot Investor: The Only Money Guide You'll Ever Need
8. 5 Ingredients – Quick & Easy Food
9. STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II XBOX ONE
10. Nintendo Switch – Gray Joy-Con

Nintendo Switch had a great deal!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Madword said:

I would say 1.2-1.3m for switch and 1.5-1.8 for PS4/XB - but at the moment (before any deals) I actually think switch will do better than nov, while ps4/xb will do about the same/slightly worse than nov if they dont do the deals long enough/have enough stock.

Switch doing better than November buy huge margine will be easily. But I am not sure that PS4/XB1 will have better December than November because they both have huge deals in Novembar and they ended with huge months.

We know generally that December is better, general ranges are 200-500k, but how do you know "by a huge margin"?

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
Miyamotoo said:

Switch doing better than November buy huge margine will be easily. But I am not sure that PS4/XB1 will have better December than November because they both have huge deals in Novembar and they ended with huge months.

We know generally that December is better, general ranges are 200-500k, but how do you know "by a huge margin"?

This how (picture down), difrence goes from 42% to 130% in MOM sales, and Switch with $300 price point definitely had quite competition with PS4 for $199 and XB1 for $189 (including some extra store deals) for BF deals in November.

Miyamotoo said:
Madword said:

This how (picture down), difrence goes from 42% to 130% in MOM sales, and Switch with $300 price point definitely had quite competition with PS4 for $199 and XB1 for $189 (including some extra store deals) for BF deals in November.

Well two issues with that, (not disbutting that december is better) but you have the Wii-u which sold crap and did better in december (sell small and double is not that impressive but also gives a MOM% which isnt realistic). or the 3DS which was a cheaper?? handheld.

So if we say switch did 800k November, and use my top range of 1.3 thats 500k. I think thats a reasonable assumption for the price of the product. Could it do 1.5 yeah of course. But all data/products are not equal is what I am saying. 

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

In the yearlies PS4 Pro is 5 ranks behind Xbox One X Scorpio Edition. Let's see if later on today that gap gets narrowed down at all.

Around the Network
Madword said:
Miyamotoo said:

Well two issues with that, (not disbutting that december is better) but you have the Wii-u which sold crap and did better in december (sell small and double is not that impressive but also gives a MOM% which isnt realistic). or the 3DS which was a cheaper?? handheld.

So if we say switch did 800k November, and use my top range of 1.3 thats 500k. I think thats a reasonable assumption for the price of the product. Could it do 1.5 yeah of course. But all data/products are not equal is what I am saying. 

Doesn't matter, this clearly show that December for Nintendo is much stronger than November in any case. First because Nintendo very really have Black Friday deals that boost November sales like its case with Sony and MS, and second Nintendo always easily biggest December month compared to all previous month even compered to PS4/XB1.

I will stick about my prediction of around 1.5m. :)

Ariakon said:
tbone51 said:
What are rough estimates as of now for dec predictions? Assuming no more ps4+x1 deals like BF week

Both x1 and PS4 are receiving further price cuts starting sunday

Are these going to be retail specific price cuts or will they more universal (like BF)? Also do we know how much the prices each will be slashed?

Return of a monster, Sony or amazon has dropped the starwars ps4 to just 249.... it’s basically the 199 slim all over again, and this time it’s riding on both price and the starwars movie hype.....

If they keep it at 249 for a week I can see a sell out

mM

18 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#06 NS Neon (up 1)
#07 NS Grey (down 2)
#21 PS4 Star Wars (up 4)
#24 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 4)
#30 SNES Classic (up 13)
#32 PS4 Pro (same)
#37 XB1X (down 6)
#43 N2DSXL T+B (down 1)
#65 XB1 Forza (up 1)
#71 XB1 (down 8)
#100 XB1 Minecraft (same)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
Nothing at the moment

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 3 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 4 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 2 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Vizigoth04 said:
In the yearlies PS4 Pro is 5 ranks behind Xbox One X Scorpio Edition. Let's see if later on today that gap gets narrowed down at all.

Why does that matter? When it comes to which console is doing better, the mid gen versions of current gen consoles makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. 

The PS5 Exists.