By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. December bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Marth said:
I wonder how many days until MK8D overtakes CoD in the monthly rankings.

Wait no more

Around the Network
nero said:
Marth said:
I wonder how many days until MK8D overtakes CoD in the monthly rankings.

Wait no more

Mario kart not mario odyssey! :p

tbone51 said:

Mario kart not mario odyssey! :p

lool, it shouldn't take that long I guess

With the Black Friday sales storm having calmed, the rankings have stabilized to where they were around the end of October.
Barring any other massive sales, price cuts, and deals, the Switch should win December.

PAOerfulone said:

With the Black Friday sales storm having calmed, the rankings have stabilized to where they were around the end of October.
Barring any other massive sales, price cuts, and deals, the Switch should win December.

I think we have to put it favourite. It's holding high positions like a boss. 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Hmm .. the thread has become so calm after the outrage from the NPD thread.

I guess the Switch leading is helping too, the people from November are all gone.

We have to take into consideration that the Switch was dominating November until the PS4 and X1 deals.

The PS4 at No.1 for roughly 4 consecutive days was all it took to win the month (NPD).

Im not declaring a winner yet, even tho im predicting 1)NS 2)PS4 3)X1

TheBlackNaruto said:
Switch having a great month so far in Dec! Ps4 still holding strong and even the XB1 is staying consistent. I wonder how sales will show come NPD with this being the Holiday period and so many things messing with sales.....in particular the B&M sales.

I wonder this myself, as online sales trackers currently show the cheapest console (the xbox S) lagging behind all the others, with the much more expensive X leading the way for Xbox One. Granted, that would make sense in a normal sales month, at least after combing through the numbers throughout the year, but I find it hard to believe that Christmas shoppers, who are generally extremely price sensitive, would skip over the cheapest console, but who knows? Maybe the online trackers are more accurate than it would seem.

Also interesting will be seeing if Switch's online sales are matched by B & M this month. The system is selling quite well, but its rankings on Amazon have led me to overestimate how big its sales would actually be (I thought it would do about 400k in October and 1 million in November). Maybe December, with Nintendo's usual holiday push, will finally see the two a bit more in sync with each other. 

Ariakon said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
Switch having a great month so far in Dec! Ps4 still holding strong and even the XB1 is staying consistent. I wonder how sales will show come NPD with this being the Holiday period and so many things messing with sales.....in particular the B&M sales.

I wonder this myself, as online sales trackers currently show the cheapest console (the xbox S) lagging behind all the others, with the much more expensive X leading the way for Xbox One. Granted, that would make sense in a normal sales month, at least after combing through the numbers throughout the year, but I find it hard to believe that Christmas shoppers, who are generally extremely price sensitive, would skip over the cheapest console, but who knows? Maybe the online trackers are more accurate than it would seem.

Also interesting will be seeing if Switch's online sales are matched by B & M this month. The system is selling quite well, but its rankings on Amazon have led me to overestimate how big its sales would actually be (I thought it would do about 400k in October and 1 million in November). Maybe December, with Nintendo's usual holiday push, will finally see the two a bit more in sync with each other. 

If I recall correctly, Amazon was wrong 3 times before.  Technically, I think it was just 2, as one month had the winner of the month just behind the actual 2nd place holder, with 2 SKUS vs the 1.  So, it was like 2nd place had #2 for the month, but the actual first place winner had #3 and #4.  The other 2 months were actually holiday months, again, if I remember correctly.  So, yea, the holidays can screw up the accuracy of Amazon.

I'm not really expecting it to this month, but it's not out of the question.

@ OP

Nice to see the Pro doing so well.  I hope Sony keeps the price at $349.  That's a steal for what you get.  And I bet we can expect some nice things from the Pro when it hits $299 for next BF.

9 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#04 NS Neon (down 1)
#08 NS Grey (down 1)
#21 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 1)
#23 PS4 Pro (up 1)
#24 HTC VIVE (new)
#33 PS4 Star Wars (up 8)
#36 XB1X (up 3)
#41 SNES Classic (up 1)
#44 N2DSXL T+B (same)
#51 PSVR GTS (down 29)
#69 XB1 Forza (up 13)
#78 PSVR Skyrim (re-entry)
#93 XB1 Minecraft (re-entry)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
#06 XB1 PUBG (up 3)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 3 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 2 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5

Mar1217 said:
Hmm .. the thread has become so calm after the outrage from the NPD thread.

I guess the Switch leading is helping too, the people from November are all gone.

I think lots of people got banned

Pocky Lover Boy!