By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Jak And Daxter 1/2/3/X Available Dec 6th

Lawlight said:
LivingMetal said:
Are people really interested in this since there already are the remasters on the PS3? It's a bit overkill to me.

I agree with this. Did people not play this on the PS3?

Jak X wasn't on PS3....

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
Lawlight said:

Jak X wasn't on PS3....

But that's just one title. Just have that as part of the PS2 to PS4 games.

gooch_destroyer said:
Lawlight said:

Jak X wasn't on PS3....

Isn’t that the racing spin-off?

LivingMetal said:
Are people really interested in this since there already are the remasters on the PS3? It's a bit overkill to me.

I have no interest in turning the PS3 on anymore, or using the Dual Shock 3. In a perfect world every PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3, and PSVita game would be playable on a single platform. I hope these digital releases carry over to PS5 and that can become a reality next gen. I am in total agreement with Microsoft about preserving games through history, PR move or otherwise. 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
LivingMetal said:

I have no interest in turning the PS3 on anymore, or using the Dual Shock 3. In a perfect world every PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3, and PSVita game would be playable on a single platform. I hope these digital releases carry over to PS5 and that can become a reality next gen. I am in total agreement with Microsoft about preserving games through history, PR move or otherwise. 

Since when do you need a single console to preserve  games throughout history? You don't.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
I dont want to get the PS3 remaster because I'm planning to complete all the games I have on my PS3 backlog and be done with the system.

Are the PS4 remasters upscaled to HD resolution like the PS3 remasters or is it different?

Also whats the price tag?

They are the PS2 version, but upscaled to 1080p. The PS3 remaster was an HD port. Here's a video comparison:

Imo the PS4 version looks crisper than the PS3 version.

The PS3 versions are more definitive since they improve the frame rate, reduce screen tearing and improve the graphics by keeping a higher level of detail than the PS2 did. That said, the first game is my favourite and it ran well enough on PS2, I enjoyed playing it again on PS4 earlier this year and it even came with a free Uncharted game that I've barely bothered with so far.

BasilZero said:
Teeqoz said:

They are the PS2 version, but upscaled to 1080p. The PS3 remaster was an HD port. Here's a video comparison:

Imo the PS4 version looks crisper than the PS3 version.

PS3 ver looks 60 FPS and PS4 ver looks 30 FPS...dammit. Resolution means nothing to me as long as its 720p.

I might just get the PS3 ver especially since its cheaper and better framerate.

Not sure how you see that, but from what I can find, the PS4 version is 60 fps as well, with the exception of some cutscenes (oddly enough, but I guess they were prerendered).

thats cool. Which is the best jak&daxter-game guys?

#1 is easily the best. I didn't play these games until they were free on PS+ on PS3 but #1 was a truely great platformer. No idea what happened to 2 and 3, someone decided it needed to be weird open world adventure with driving segments. Not sure why.

Hmm, pie.