By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Launch XBox Ones dieing??

A couple of friends have had their launch Xbox Ones die/brick on them in the last week.

Anyone else working in a retail shop or otherwise had something similar happen??

Around the Network
CartBlanche said:

A couple of friends have had their launch Xbox Ones die/brick on them in the last week.

Anyone else working in a retail shop or otherwise had something similar happen??

Nothing out of the ordinary. They were just both unlucky at the same time.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

CartBlanche said:

Do you have any details on how it occurred?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

CartBlanche said:

Microsoft must be bricking them remotely in order to drive sales for the X1X. We know similar stuff has happened before. (/s)

Errorist76 said:
CartBlanche said:

Microsoft must be bricking them remotely in order to drive sales for the X1X. We know similar stuff has happened before. (/s)

Its sad that one actually have to use the /s thing.

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network
CartBlanche said:

There's been a number of YouTube videos of X owners reporting hardware failures.  They might be within the 3% fail rate, but to have two people you know in close proximity to experience this is a potential red flag.

Goddbless said:
CartBlanche said:

One is getting System Error E100. They tried offline System update and even a factory reset, but the update fails.

The other was turned off and they tried to turn it back on 5 mins later but it wouldn’t turn on. Fatality!

I've just heard from the guy with the turned off and not coming back problem and it looks like the power brick, bricked. He's getting a new power brick.

Apologies for the false alarm. Nothing to see here...

What happens if the power supply in the new X1X or PS4 dies? Can they just replace the internal power-supply?

Well, some consoles die after 4 years of good use. No issue IMHO

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

CartBlanche said:
Goddbless said:

One is getting System Error E100. They tried offline System update and even a factory reset, but the update fails.

The other was turned off and they tried to turn it back on 5 mins later but it wouldn’t turn on. Fatality!

That error code is hard drive issue. I've repaired a few of them. Hard drive fail. My 3 yr old PS4 HDD died. Just the PS4 is easier to fix.