By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game franchises you have to pass up on.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
COKTOE said:

Angry Joe did good job of exposing what a scripted, on rails experience COD:WW2 is. IMO, it looks worse than any COD single player campaign I've ever played, my last experience being way back with Modern Warfare 2. Disregarding the loot box nonsense it comes saddled with, it's online multiplayer looks solid enough on gameplay merits, but still a trite, been there, done that online shooter, as one might expect from an annualized franchise splorched out at the game factory.

That's a bummer, if true. I highly recommend you check out Infinite Warfare, if only for its single player campaign. It's very unlike the average COD campaign. Very few scripted events, almost no QTEs, a central hub, optional side missions, and lots of room to customize the experience to your play style.

It's really a shame it got buried under an avalanche of negative hype.

I read/watched no reviews, but just from the few vids I saw, it looked pretty cool, and I really don't know where all the negativity came from. I'm.....pretty leery about buying anything from Activision though. It's been A WHILE.  I'm more of a "second copy of Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 3" type of guy these days. :) But I appreciate the recommendation, and may give it a spin if I see it cheap. It does look legit fun.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Sunset Overdrive and Halo 4&5, because no Xbox One yet.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

outlawauron said:
Cloudman said:
The only one that I was just reminded of was the Tales of series. Xillia and onwards, something about it felt off. I tried other later series but I never could get into them. It makes me sad since I really liked the series before.

That's more of sign that you've past the target demographic of the series than anything else. 

How has the series changed that it would no longer appeal to me?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

SvennoJ said:
The_Yoda said:

I'm the same way ... but the reality is I'd probably have to take 5 years off and do nothing but play games to ever get through my backlog.  I bet I have 70 games for the WiiU alone that I haven't even played once yet and the PS4 is getting just as bad.  Some of them are good games too like Witcher3, Bioshock, Horizon ZD, Xenoblade, The Last of Us Remastered, ect.

I still have a bunch of ps2 games in my backlog. At some point you got to stop lying to yourself and admit it's just a waste of money. Especially nowadays when I walk in a store and that shiny copy I bought at launch is now $10 or a ps+ freebie. One day I'll play DQ8, where are they now, 11... However now I buy those $10 copies to further fill my backlog anyway, cause why pass up good games when they're only $10 :/ Demon's souls I'll start you any time now, oops servers are going offline next year. Will I make it, not a chance.

This gen I quit buying at launch (with the exception of my 4 Switch games - it will take forever for them to drop in price anyway) I finally picked up Horizon ZD for $20 on black Friday and next to Breath of the Wild that was my most anticipated title of the year.  Odds are I am lying to myself but if I can keep my machines in good running order and / or buy back - ups then someday I'll be able to do some "new to me" retro gaming.

I’ve had to pass up on Zelda botw, Mario Odyssey, and Metroid return of Samus. Actually I gave up gaming entirely. I must have played more than my share in life and now there’s no point. I’ve got real life issues.

I did give up AC after black flag. Love the series but it’s fatiqued. Wish I could play more GTA V and Skyrim. Fallout 4 looks interesting. I hope I don’t miss out on RDR 2 or Shenmue III!

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
outlawauron said:

Why is it surprising lol. You can still have fun with them despite not being in that market. Pokemon is still enjoyed by teenagers and adults.

This in itself is true since I am a Mario and Ratchet and Clank fan.  But resources are limited so I must choose wisely...

The gameplay is still good in each regardless though. So at least you have that.

I think that Vesperia is still the best. Berseria is a good starting point. Xillia isn't a bad place to start either.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Nymeria said:
Assassin's Creed came out so often I fell behind around time Black Flag came out and I've never played Syndicate or Origins. I've come to prefer 3 year gaps in entries in series or I fall behind.
Errorist76 said:

I also can’t be bothered with Assassin’s Creed games. I mostly don’t like the stories enough to keep playing and the gameplay feels tedious to me. I enjoy watching others play the games in let’s plays on a Sunday though.

(explanation: My brother loves the games and shares them with me via account sharing)

Azuren said:
Assassin's Creed has a hard time getting my attention.

Qwark said:

Assassins Creed

So many people who dont like Assassin's Creed anymore :(

I still love that series and enjoyed every AC game I played. It's also the reason I tolerate Ubisoft's "AssPlay" launcher on my PC ;)

Gonna pile on the Assassin's Creed train here. I just can't get into the series. It always looks good at E3, but when I try to play it, it doesn't hook me. There was a much needed breather in 2016, but the franchise is still kinda stale.

All the Nintendo franchises. SMB, Zelda etc. I can't justify a second console purchase/commitment. So it unfortunately would be them.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

GTA and Assassin's Creed. Too many entries in AC and too many bugs even though I enjoy the series. I think GTA as a whole is great, but I just can't get into it after Vice City.

Monster Hunter is clunky. Fix that and I know I would love it.