By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game franchises you have to pass up on.

Wow! Count me in on the Assassin's Creed bit. I've only ever played and platted the 2nd one. Never played another one after that. Mass Effect, Skyrim, The Souls series, any sports games that's not over the top, most turn based RPGs, Final Fantasy (any number), and a bunch more. I know it's blasphemous for certain titles, but I just know I won't get around to them.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network

Assassin's Creed. I've never played a game in the franchise, and I almost got 4 for PS4, but forgot about it. Then, I almost got Unity because I was reading an article in Game Informer that made the game sound really cool. A sister and brother inertwined in the campaign? You can play as both?! Count me in! I usually hate those kind of cliches but for some reason it sounded cool. The reviews came in and shitpanned it, but i would have probably passed anyways.

Then, this year it was critically praised. I've even heard many people say it's open world is significantly better than Zelda's or Horizon's. But to me? It looks kind of ... bland? Nothing about the egyptian concept interests me as much as it should. So I passed.

I skipped Call of Duty, Wolfenstein, and Battlefront this year even though I wanted to get all of them. Also I've been skipping BF since 4. And even though I've played Halo 5 and Gears 4, I'm NEVER buying a Halo or Gears game again. Skipping those too

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Assassin's Creed. I've never played a game in the franchise, and I almost got 4 for PS4, but forgot about it. Then, I almost got Unity because I was reading an article in Game Informer that made the game sound really cool. A sister and brother inertwined in the campaign? You can play as both?! Count me in! I usually hate those kind of cliches but for some reason it sounded cool. The reviews came in and shitpanned it, but i would have probably passed anyways.

Then, this year it was critically praised. I've even heard many people say it's open world is significantly better than Zelda's or Horizon's. But to me? It looks kind of ... bland? Nothing about the egyptian concept interests me as much as it should. So I passed.

I skipped Call of Duty, Wolfenstein, and Battlefront this year even though I wanted to get all of them. Also I've been skipping BF since 4. And even though I've played Halo 5 and Gears 4, I'm NEVER buying a Halo or Gears game again. Skipping those too

Angry Joe did good job of exposing what a scripted, on rails experience COD:WW2 is. IMO, it looks worse than any COD single player campaign I've ever played, my last experience being way back with Modern Warfare 2. Disregarding the loot box nonsense it comes saddled with, it's online multiplayer looks solid enough on gameplay merits, but still a trite, been there, done that online shooter, as one might expect from an annualized franchise splorched out at the game factory.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I skip some games in every series for various reasons. I bought several COD and Final fantasy games but I don’t have all of them. I think most people do the same.

COKTOE said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Angry Joe did good job of exposing what a scripted, on rails experience COD:WW2 is. IMO, it looks worse than any COD single player campaign I've ever played, my last experience being way back with Modern Warfare 2. Disregarding the loot box nonsense it comes saddled with, it's online multiplayer looks solid enough on gameplay merits, but still a trite, been there, done that online shooter, as one might expect from an annualized franchise splorched out at the game factory.

So true. I was actually looking forward to the campaign but now it looks like trash. That train scene is hilarious!

Also, he did make me not want to buy it for MP. Those maps look dull and terrible. COD hasn't had memorable maps in a long time it seems

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Same boat. Last one I played was ACIII

Sounds like everyone's piling on AC.

Well, there was a reason that it got put on hiatus. There were way too many games coming out in the series.

My last in the series was also AC3. I've also put COD and GT on hold for sure. Haven't played any of the new wolfenstein games. Yakuza and Atelier is one that I've put big time into the backlog. I love both of those series, but they're casualties of my shortened time.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Wright said:

I don't think I've ever passed up on any franchise due to lack of time. If anything, I've done it due to lack of interest.

Exactly.  Sometimes it's a matter of resources - for example I've yet to get Cuphead because I have nothing to play it on.  But in most cases, if there's a game I really would like to play, I find the time.  

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Wright said:

I don't think I've ever passed up on any franchise due to lack of time. If anything, I've done it due to lack of interest.

This for me. If a franchise interests me, I’ll find time for it. What’s a few hours over a few years?

Time is the biggest constraint.

It has been happening more because i have come to terms that i simply can't play every game that i wish i had time and patience for, so i have to be more selective.

Better examples are Dragon quest 7 and 8 on 3DS. I wish i had time, but it's just not gonna happen.

Well it looks like I'll be passing on Forza Horizon, I simply don't have the time for another console. I already can't keep up with psvr releases and it looks like GT Sport is the only game I'll be playing this Q4 outside VR. I did make time for SMO yet left it at 570 moons or so, didn't check out what 500 unlocked.

I'm currently almost 50 hours into Skyrim VR and with all the looking around and exploring everything I run in to I feel like I've barely scratched the surface. Doom VFR comes out tomorrow, RE7 gets new DLC and new free content, while the previous DLC is still waiting for me. I Expect you to die has new content waiting for me. I have another 5 games installed I haven't even started yet and I still want to continue with the solus project.

So game franchises I have to pass up on: basically all non VR ones.