Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%
 
I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%
 
I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%
 
I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%
 
I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%
 
I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%
 
I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%
 
I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%
 
I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%
 
I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%
 
Total:577
KManX89 said:
TH3-D0S3R said:

Today was a big win for Trump, and this improves his chances not only for 2020, but to get some more Republican senators in 2018.

LOL, no it doesn't. 

And I already showed a link from a JTC study showing anyone making <$75k a year will see their taxes go up, but go on, continue to tout this as a win for the average American even though most Americans fervently disagree (gee, I wonder why).

As for CEOs expanding hiring.

Here are the tax brackets so you can review. The only people paying more make over 157K



Around the Network
Insidb said:

Over the last year, I've seen a lot of peoples' opinions on Trump shift: social media and talk radio have made these transitions very evident.

As such, I'm curious to see how your opinions have changed, since his election last November.

I threw my support for him away... Recently... 

Not yesterday, not last month. I literally stopped supporting him like, 20 minutes ago... 

I had my reasons... Specifically, 128 reasons gathered in a building in Gotham. Also, 7 reasons not to ditch him. No bonus points for guessing why though... I also no longer support Trudeau after the complete display of spinelessness he showed. 

 

I still don't regret supporting him when he was running, because Hillary couldn't be allowed to become president, but I will not support him now... 



It was Britain, it is America, tomorrow France and next year, the world... 

Warning: This poster has a very negative opinion of Sony and Nintendo, Idea Factory and companies Tecmo Koei, EA, BioWare, Blizzard, Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Kadokawa and Sega. If you have very positive views of these and a negative view of Microsoft or Bethesda Game Studios, AVOID ENGAGEMENT AT ALL COSTS! 

    Superman4 said:
    TH3-D0S3R said:

    Their checks will go up, but the bill's affects wont be fully seen until 2019. Their will be pay increases, but it affecting the common people wont be seen for a bit more time yet. Just thought to point that out.

    Agreed. The overall tax benefit wont be seen until people file taxes in April 2019. Tax rates for income however are immediate and take effect Jan. 1st

    Correct.

    My tax refund this coming April or whenever I do taxes will not be affected at all by this law. So I will not get any less of a refund or more of a refund than I would have it this passed or not this year.

    But my paycheck come Jan 7th will be larger. Say I receive $300.00 per week per pay check AFTER taxes. With no raise considered, my paycheck that I get now could be $305.00 AFTER taxes. (made up numbers, just illustrating how it works)

    So ignoring tax season, I will be bringing home more straight up cash per week by having my income taxed less every week.



    AsGryffynn said:
    Insidb said:

    Over the last year, I've seen a lot of peoples' opinions on Trump shift: social media and talk radio have made these transitions very evident.

    As such, I'm curious to see how your opinions have changed, since his election last November.

    I threw my support for him away... Recently... 

    Not yesterday, not last month. I literally stopped supporting him like, 20 minutes ago... 

    I had my reasons... Specifically, 128 reasons gathered in a building in Gotham. Also, 7 reasons not to ditch him. No bonus points for guessing why though... I also no longer support Trudeau after the complete display of spinelessness he showed. 

     

    I still don't regret supporting him when he was running, because Hillary couldn't be allowed to become president, but I will not support him now... 

    You don't support him because he says Jerusalem is Israel's capital?

    Might I inquire why you are so against that?



    Puppyroach said:
    vivster said:

    It's the only logical thing to do. My pay raises always go directly to charity. I'm sure those multi billion dollar companies with billions of cash reserves will do the same.

    Well ofcourse :).

    Someone was at a symposium that had like 50 high executives from fortune 500 companies and other large companies.  They asked the presidents/vp's if they would invest the savings in taxes for new infrastructure...basically spending on new things.  Like TWO of them responded that they'd use the new tax money to build. The other 48 said they would spend the money on buying back stock and giving higher dividends to their stock holders.

    CORPORATE TAX BREAK...PERMANENT 20% (unlike the personal ones for middle-income families that will last for five years before going up again)....USELESS.

    The Republican Senate has ONE HUNDRED PERCENT screwed up "the biggest win they've had in years".

    *surprise*

    irstupid said: 

    Well, AT&T just announced it will be giving 200,000 of its employees a 1,000 bonus because of the new Tax plan.

    I would imagine those 200,000 people will probably be thinking twice next election about who they may vote for. I believe I read that it was AT&T 200,000 union members too. Union members are typically democrats. Wonder how many may vote differently now.

    Edit: Funny article. http://freebeacon.com/issues/schumer-attacks-att-not-helping-workers-company-announces-bonuses/

    ey for the very, very wealthy."

    This was apparently even AFTER AT&T announced their plan to give $1,000 to 200,000 employees.

    As I said in an earlier post, all this doom and gloom, Armageddon talk by democrats about "EVERYTHING" that the republicans or Trump does could very backfire on them big time. We been hearing for months now how this tax plan will ruin America and make us all broke and only benefit the rich, ect. How trustworthy does the media and democrats that touted that look to those 200,000 employees right now.

    Ummm buddy....the tax break doesn't even show up for another year. Whatever AT and T is doing now has nothing to do with that ridiculous tax break.

    Gamer147 said: 
    Trump is doing great. Now that he passed tax reform he will get re-elected easily. Like him or not he had a great year.

    Uhhh do you even pay attention to the news?  His approval rating is 35% which is the lowest any president has EVER been at any time including Nixon.  You must have no post-seconday education because his typical followers...like 60% of the people still for him...none of them has a college or university degree.  I'd say "kind of makes you think" but that'd be wrong because it sounds like most of his insane followers have a hard time thinking.

    Last edited by Psyberius - on 22 December 2017

    Around the Network

    God bless Trump.. Making America great again and draining the swamp



    AsGryffynn said:
    Insidb said:

    Over the last year, I've seen a lot of peoples' opinions on Trump shift: social media and talk radio have made these transitions very evident.

    As such, I'm curious to see how your opinions have changed, since his election last November.

    I threw my support for him away... Recently... 

    Not yesterday, not last month. I literally stopped supporting him like, 20 minutes ago... 

    I had my reasons... Specifically, 128 reasons gathered in a building in Gotham. Also, 7 reasons not to ditch him. No bonus points for guessing why though... I also no longer support Trudeau after the complete display of spinelessness he showed. 

     

    I still don't regret supporting him when he was running, because Hillary couldn't be allowed to become president, but I will not support him now... 

    I was not too bothered about Trump either way. I didn’t hate or like him. Shit happens.

    Shit happened in the last US elections because for many American people both candidates weren’t worthy. 

    There will be great, good, bad and other presidents. Life will go on. 

    The vote held about Jerusalem in the UN was predictable. 

    What disgusted me was that Trump threatened those that opposed him on this issue, especially the weaker nations. That’s bullying to a disgraceful level. Agree with me or else.

    A recent survey showed that overwhelming support for Trump are among those that believe in a man in the sky.

    I am so glad that such believes play a very small (if any) role in my country (Britain) and an atheist was and can be PM.

    Why bring religion into it? Because currently it is impossible to avoid it with Trump. “God bless Trump” is the new “Hail Caesar” and “Heil Adolf” among his supporters. 

    Let Trump make America great again. And let the rest of us try to make the rest of the world greater with or without him.



    irstupid said:
    AsGryffynn said:

    I threw my support for him away... Recently... 

    Not yesterday, not last month. I literally stopped supporting him like, 20 minutes ago... 

    I had my reasons... Specifically, 128 reasons gathered in a building in Gotham. Also, 7 reasons not to ditch him. No bonus points for guessing why though... I also no longer support Trudeau after the complete display of spinelessness he showed. 

     

    I still don't regret supporting him when he was running, because Hillary couldn't be allowed to become president, but I will not support him now... 

    You don't support him because he says Jerusalem is Israel's capital?

    Might I inquire why you are so against that?

    One reason: INSTABILITY. Trump knows the situation is delicate and he's dealing with it within a very unstable bubble. The decision is only going to throw the place into even more disarray or, if Trump is actually Batman, sideline the whole world on this issue, shut the US out of the UN and then have Russia use the UN as a potential beatstick to force Israel to comply by virtue of it being the US vs the rest... 

    Because even at maximum capacity, the outcome of the latter would be peace for Palestine at Sarmat-Long March-Exocet-Trident point. At this point, the rest of the world is just too strong... 

    justinian said:
    AsGryffynn said:

    I threw my support for him away... Recently... 

    Not yesterday, not last month. I literally stopped supporting him like, 20 minutes ago... 

    I had my reasons... Specifically, 128 reasons gathered in a building in Gotham. Also, 7 reasons not to ditch him. No bonus points for guessing why though... I also no longer support Trudeau after the complete display of spinelessness he showed. 

     

    I still don't regret supporting him when he was running, because Hillary couldn't be allowed to become president, but I will not support him now... 

    I was not too bothered about Trump either way. I didn’t hate or like him. Shit happens.

    Shit happened in the last US elections because for many American people both candidates weren’t worthy. 

    There will be great, good, bad and other presidents. Life will go on. 

    The vote held about Jerusalem in the UN was predictable. 

    What disgusted me was that Trump threatened those that opposed him on this issue, especially the weaker nations. That’s bullying to a disgraceful level. Agree with me or else.

    A recent survey showed that overwhelming support for Trump are among those that believe in a man in the sky.

    I am so glad that such believes play a very small (if any) role in my country (Britain) and an atheist was and can be PM.

    Why bring religion into it? Because currently it is impossible to avoid it with Trump. “God bless Trump” is the new “Hail Caesar” and “Heil Adolf” among his supporters. 

    Let Trump make America great again. And let the rest of us try to make the rest of the world greater with or without him.

    I have tried to argue for separation of church and state. Recently, the Trump supporters have become increasingly unbearable. They used to be tolerable before, but now they are looking like the conservative counterpart of the Demoncrats/Social Justice Warriors. 

    Which, come to think of it, is essentially what they are... 

    We really need to revive the Whig Party for the sake of us few sane people left... There are three people the US should write off their blacklist: Iran, Russia, China and the Arab League. If a POTUS ever arrives that wants good relationships with those four, then you will see the world solve it's problems by itself. 

    The good thing? Apparently Boris Johnson is a closet Russophile and this will spell the end of the UK's special relationship. I don't know what they spiked his Champagne with, but I want some of that. 



    It was Britain, it is America, tomorrow France and next year, the world... 

    Warning: This poster has a very negative opinion of Sony and Nintendo, Idea Factory and companies Tecmo Koei, EA, BioWare, Blizzard, Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Kadokawa and Sega. If you have very positive views of these and a negative view of Microsoft or Bethesda Game Studios, AVOID ENGAGEMENT AT ALL COSTS! 

      TH3-D0S3R said: 

      And as for this "the poor take on all the burden", it's absolute BS. You do realize that the rich in this country pay an overwhelming majority of taxes right?  852,000 Americans alone pay for 39% of federal tax income, and the top 10% alone pays for over 70% of it. The bottom 50% on the other hand pays for less than 3% of tax revenue.

      See, the problem here is that the people who earn 90% of the money should also pay 90% of the taxes. But they don't because their tax burden is smaller than less wealthy people. How is that fair?



      If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

      Psyberius said:                               
        
      irstupid said: 

      Well, AT&T just announced it will be giving 200,000 of its employees a 1,000 bonus because of the new Tax plan.

      I would imagine those 200,000 people will probably be thinking twice next election about who they may vote for. I believe I read that it was AT&T 200,000 union members too. Union members are typically democrats. Wonder how many may vote differently now.

      Edit: Funny article. http://freebeacon.com/issues/schumer-attacks-att-not-helping-workers-company-announces-bonuses/

      ey for the very, very wealthy."

      This was apparently even AFTER AT&T announced their plan to give $1,000 to 200,000 employees.

      As I said in an earlier post, all this doom and gloom, Armageddon talk by democrats about "EVERYTHING" that the republicans or Trump does could very backfire on them big time. We been hearing for months now how this tax plan will ruin America and make us all broke and only benefit the rich, ect. How trustworthy does the media and democrats that touted that look to those 200,000 employees right now.

      Ummm buddy....the tax break doesn't even show up for another year. Whatever AT and T is doing now has nothing to do with that ridiculous tax break.most of his insane followers have a hard time thinking.

      Except for the fact that AT&T and other companies stating that what they are doing is 100% in direct response to the Tax break getting passed.

      I mean within hours of the tax cut getting announced multiple companies come out with statements and plans for major bonuses for their employees and plans to invest in millions of dollars in the U.S. and saying it has 100% to do with the tax cut bill being passed. I guess if we ignore that, then yes the tax break has nothing to do with what they are doing.