Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577
KManX89 said:
Superman4 said:

He isn't trying to take my health care away, I don't get healthcare through the ACA exchange. He also isn't just cutting taxes for the wealthy, he is cutting taxes for everyone.

Everyone under 165k per year will receive a 3% tax deduction except the first tax bracket of 0-$9500 for singles. They will stay at 10% Standard deduction doubles for singles and couples, 12K for singles and 24K for couples. Child credit also doubles from 1K to 2K per child. Unless you make over $165K per year and have writeoffs over 24K as a couple you will save money. 

Yes he is (or should I say, was), and no he isn't

By 2027, every income group making below 75k a year would see a tax increase, on average under this new "tax reform" bill. 

It also guts Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security all so people making millions/billions of dollars can keep more piles of cash, so no, it does NOT "benefit everyone", it benefits the wealthy at the middle and poor classes' expense (because it worked so well for us under the Bush administration).

As for people "voluntarily" going off insurance without the mandate, that lie has also been beaten to death. Most of the 22 million losing health insurance wouldn't "choose" to go off their coverage at all, 15 million of those expected to lose coverage would be literally kicked off their insurance due to lack of Medicaid per the CBO. Now that we're on the subject of the insurance mandate, premiums were actually going up at a much higher rate before the ACA.

You can moan all you want about the government "forcing" you to buy insurance, without the mandate, you'd be paying a lot MORE for health coverage, as much as 10% more.

You Trump supporters really are allergic to facts. 

The Fact is I was paying half of what I am now for insurance before the ACA and had much better benefits. That is fact. You can throw all the charts you want at me but it wont change that fact. 

Medicare and SSN are not affected by this tax plan. They may get cut at a later date, but have nothing to do with this tax plan.  Here is a basic calculator for you and everyone else to gauge what you will owe under the new tax plan.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-new-trump-tax-calculator-what-do-you-owe-2017-10-26

As for the tax cuts going up, they actually dont. You will have the new tax rates until 2025 and then this plan expires and the plans go back to what they are now. The corporate tax rates will remain the same. The individual for all tax brackets will reset to current levels. So individuals get a tax break for 7 years, corporations get one forever. That does not mean however that an extension on the tax rates wont get approved or a modification wont come either. Tax rates will just return to what they are now. Its kind of like Obama care, nobody wants it but now that they have it they don't want to give it up. Whoever is in office in 7 years will face the decision to raise taxes back to existing levels or leave the cuts in place. Ill bet people wont be clamoring for tax increases in 7 years.

Around the Network
Superman4 said:
KManX89 said:

Yes he is (or should I say, was), and no he isn't

By 2027, every income group making below 75k a year would see a tax increase, on average under this new "tax reform" bill. 

It also guts Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security all so people making millions/billions of dollars can keep more piles of cash, so no, it does NOT "benefit everyone", it benefits the wealthy at the middle and poor classes' expense (because it worked so well for us under the Bush administration).

As for people "voluntarily" going off insurance without the mandate, that lie has also been beaten to death. Most of the 22 million losing health insurance wouldn't "choose" to go off their coverage at all, 15 million of those expected to lose coverage would be literally kicked off their insurance due to lack of Medicaid per the CBO. Now that we're on the subject of the insurance mandate, premiums were actually going up at a much higher rate before the ACA.

You can moan all you want about the government "forcing" you to buy insurance, without the mandate, you'd be paying a lot MORE for health coverage, as much as 10% more.

You Trump supporters really are allergic to facts. 

The Fact is I was paying half of what I am now for insurance before the ACA and had much better benefits. That is fact. You can throw all the charts you want at me but it wont change that fact. 

Medicare and SSN are not affected by this tax plan. They may get cut at a later date, but have nothing to do with this tax plan.  Here is a basic calculator for you and everyone else to gauge what you will owe under the new tax plan.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-new-trump-tax-calculator-what-do-you-owe-2017-10-26

As for the tax cuts going up, they actually dont. You will have the new tax rates until 2025 and then this plan expires and the plans go back to what they are now. The corporate tax rates will remain the same. The individual for all tax brackets will reset to current levels. So individuals get a tax break for 7 years, corporations get one forever. That does not mean however that an extension on the tax rates wont get approved or a modification wont come either. Tax rates will just return to what they are now. Its kind of like Obama care, nobody wants it but now that they have it they don't want to give it up. Whoever is in office in 7 years will face the decision to raise taxes back to existing levels or leave the cuts in place. Ill bet people wont be clamoring for tax increases in 7 years.

Yea, I never understand all these "stats" showing health insurance. There is not one single person I know or talked to that their health insurance has gotten either better or cheaper since the ACA was implemented. Every single job I've had since it was implemented changed their policies they had since forever due to them being too expensive, and even then they still had to raise prices (something which they said they hadn't had to do in like 10 years)

Right now at my current job I was just informed that our health insurance will go up again if we keep current plan. For reference, someone in their 30's and healthy is going to have to pay like $900 more this year than last year for them and their spouses insurance. I have Farmer relatives and friends and their insurance went from like 10k a year to 30k a year just recently. My parents neighbors are near medicare but a year or two away. They are retired and their monthly insurance went up from like 1,200 to 2,700 a month.

The stories could go on and on. People that voted for Trump that I know did it 100% for the hope that something would be done to fix the insurance system. We, the middle class, can not afford it. No idea what Trump or Republican's will do about it, seems all I hear is them failling to do anything. Meaning we are seeing exactly what would be happening if Hilary was President, cause her and Democrats would have done NOTHING as well about it.

As for current tax plan. To all those media companies screaming to the high heavens about how taxes for us middle class will raise, you better damn hope they do. If come taxes next year the average person gets a big tax refund, they ain't going to give a shit about what tax break Bill Gates got, they are just going to know that they got say double the refund from prior years, yet the news told them they were going to be paying more. Whether they are going to be screwed in 7 years or bill gates got a bigger refund or not won't matter to them. They will just know they got a huge refund and the media lied to them saying they wouldn't.  People are short term people. They only care about now.

Trump's tax cuts will see him re-elected for a second term. Trump's tax cuts are great for Americans and the cuts will create millions of jobs. It is not a big deal that the tax cuts will add more debt to the Balanced budgets do not mean anything because the government has the license to print as much money as it wants through its Federal reserve and governments can issue long term bonds.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Trump's tax cuts will see him re-elected for a second term. Trump's tax cuts are great for Americans and the cuts will create millions of jobs. It is not a big deal that the tax cuts will add more debt to the Balanced budgets do not mean anything because the government has the license to print as much money as it wants through its Federal reserve and governments can issue long term bonds.

That's the thing. I'm not exactly sure people see Trump having a single fingernail to do with getting the tax reform done. If anything, I believe Trump was TOLD to keep his ass the hell away from the Senate if they wanted a chance of the bill passing.

And if people will vote for him? They're complete lunatics and other than rightfully locking them up, there's no other way to control their voting finger.

vivster said:
Puppyroach said:
The thing I find most hilarious is how people actually can believe that lowering taxes for the wealth would spur growth in the economy. If you really would like to see the economy skyrocket, cut the taxes for low income individuals by half. It´s not strange that the richest people in the country want their taxes to be lower, the weird thing is how average voters can fall for it every time.

It's the only logical thing to do. My pay raises always go directly to charity. I'm sure those multi billion dollar companies with billions of cash reserves will do the same.

Well ofcourse :).

Around the Network

Well, AT&T just announced it will be giving 200,000 of its employees a 1,000 bonus because of the new Tax plan.

I would imagine those 200,000 people will probably be thinking twice next election about who they may vote for. I believe I read that it was AT&T 200,000 union members too. Union members are typically democrats. Wonder how many may vote differently now.

Edit: Funny article. http://freebeacon.com/issues/schumer-attacks-att-not-helping-workers-company-announces-bonuses/

Apparantly some democrat bashed AT&T specifically in regards to this tax plan. "I love the example of AT&T," he said. "Over the last ten years, AT&T has paid an average tax rate of eight percent a year. They have 80,000 fewer employees today than they had then."

"Tax breaks don't lead to job creation," Schumer continued. "They lead to big CEO salaries and money for the very, very wealthy."

This was apparently even AFTER AT&T announced their plan to give $1,000 to 200,000 employees.

As I said in an earlier post, all this doom and gloom, Armageddon talk by democrats about "EVERYTHING" that the republicans or Trump does could very backfire on them big time. We been hearing for months now how this tax plan will ruin America and make us all broke and only benefit the rich, ect. How trustworthy does the media and democrats that touted that look to those 200,000 employees right now.

Last edited by irstupid - on 20 December 2017

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

You mean the hugely unpopular tax cuts sitting at underwater approval ratings across the board and will raise the rates of anyone making under $75k a year as I just proved earlier?

Yeah, no, corporate tax cuts for the rich have never, I repeat, NEVER created a single job, quite the contrary, just ask Dubya. Hell, this is an even shittier version of the Bush tax cuts that nearly collapsed the economy. 

Last edited by KManX89 - on 20 December 2017

Trump is doing great. Now that he passed tax reform he will get re-elected easily. Like him or not he had a great year.

I think this tax bill sealed Trump's and the GOP's fate: they forced through a bill that 80% of Americans disapproved of, compounded by a 18% Republican popularity deficit vs. Democrats.

That's crazy.

Insidb said:
I think this tax bill sealed Trump's and the GOP's fate: they forced through a bill that 80% of Americans disapproved of, compounded by a 18% Republican popularity deficit vs. Democrats.

That's crazy.

And why not? They (at least the House Republicans) already signed their death warrant by voting for that atrocious healthcare bill that would actually take away millions of Americans' healthcare coverage which everyone hated.

Openly supporting a known pedophile (I'm so glad that piece of shit lost) certainly did him no favors, either. 

Last edited by KManX89 - on 20 December 2017