By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577
Immersiveunreality said:
Alara317 said:

The point is don't just abandon ship, fix your damn country. 

Are you talking about America or Mexico?

Cause the way you think about each seems to be conflicting and that is my point but do not let that upset you.

Quite interestingly, most people in the immigrant caravan coming from Central/South America want to settle in Mexico rather than the US, mostly for practical reasons (no language barriers) but also because Mexico is already way better than what they were having in their homelands and the current Mexican president welcomes them with open arms, not cold as ICE

In fact, from which country do the most illegal immigrants come to the US these days? For those who don't know it, it's actually... Canada (mostly through overstaying a couple days, but for that period of time they're actually illegally in the US and thus illegal immigrants), with almost 100k out of 500k total new illegal immigrants in the US in 2016. 500k, that's a far cry  from the 1.8M each year around 2000, but it has been going down practically each year since that. Looks like going to the US ain't attractive anymore.

Also, undetected border entries are already so low (page 13) that extending the wall will do squat. Besides, the total amount of illegal immigrants in the US is dropping.

Around the Network
CuCabeludo said:

national debt: 22 trillion dollars
unfunded liabilities: 180+ trillion dollars (unfunded pensions, social security, medicare, etc...)
anual budget deficits: 1 trillion dollars (during this supposed recovery, when the next recession hits, prepare for 2-3 trillion dollars deficits a year)

republicans and dems are both partness in this mess.

Remember when the Republicans were crying foul at Obama's deficit? Where are these Republicans now?

I agree that the Dems have their share to the responsibility. But Republicans always to call themselves fiscally conservative. Funny how they never show that when they're in charge, Reagan, Bush (both of them) and Trump all ballooned the debt, and only Clinton reduced it a bit while Obama on the later years approached parity between spending and income.

Runa216 said:
EricHiggin said:

Saying fire is a bad thing, and then fighting fire with fire makes no sense. That would mean fire isn't a bad thing necessarily, and that actually it's a useful tool when used in certain ways. Which would then also mean hate is a useful tool, maybe even a necessary tool in certain circumstances, when used in the right way, so to say a world without hate would certainly be better, would be presumptuous. Which then makes you wonder how many other 'bad' things are actually useful and possibly necessary.

Excluding people, and hating them, are very different things. You can be of the opinion that someone is wrong or needs to be taught a lesson, and exclude them without hating them. It's also a dangerous way of trying to mold a person because total exclusion can lead to hatred and radicalization, defeating the purpose and causing an even bigger problem.

So what is the age at which a person needs to come to this understanding? Anyone under 18 is aloud to be a racist, sexist, etc, and completely get away with it? Since when is the world the deciding factor? Certain countries are super closed off and racist, sexist, etc, yet nobody bats an eye because they aren't in the spotlight. Do they need to be taught a lesson and excluded in the hope that they eventually come to terms? Are you saying the individuals who paid the price for suggesting the Earth was round deserved their horrible mistreatment? Everyone knew the world was flat, the authorities and (lack of) data said so, and so anyone who questioned it needed to pay in some manner. How much time and when is enough data truly enough? Does data trump feelings or vice versa?

The leaps of logic...they burns us! 

The whole metaphor about 'fighting fire with fire' is foolish. Again, you're conflating action with reaction. Instigation vs response. I didn't ask to live in a nation where 50 million people put forth their support to Donald Trump (I'm not even gonna list off his misdeeds for they are far too numerous at this point to recount; also, I don't live in America but for the sake of argument the point still stands), but the reality is that we DO live in that world. 

If you think politely asking people to be nicer is going to work, hoo boy have I got about 100,000 years of human history to teach you. 

I hate violence, but the reality is that some times it truly is the only answer. If being aggressive towards those who, for lack of a better or more mature term, started it, then I will do so. Inaction does not foster results. I spent my whole life trying to discuss and debate and educate and explain things to those with whom I don't agree. It doesn't work. Never has. Saying 'hey, you probably shouldn't be racist' only makes people be more racist. IT'd be nice if it worked the opposite way and simply educating people would make them see the error in their ways, but it doesn't work. 

Okay, it works sometimes, but it's a very small minority of examples. 

Aggression is the only language some people respond to, and while I don't condone violence the reality is that it may be necessary. I truly do believe that modern republicans - at least the ones who marched in Charlottesville or the ones who are sending bombs to senators or the ones who are violently pushing right-wing rhetoric - need to be stopped, and ideaology is not enough, it seems. On the flipside, it appears most of them are too dense to understand reason or kindness and thus peaceful discussions won't work. The worst part is that they KNOW their ignorant stubbournness is what gets under the skin of so many others, and they know that if you frustrate your opponent and they lash out then you win both in the eyes of the law and in the eyes of onlookers. 

I say fuck that. Lash out. Yell. LEt them know their hatred will not stand, and if that means 'fighting fire with fire', then so be it. If that means aggressively treating them the same way they treat others, then so be it. (Also, firefighters use fire to 'control' forest fires...so metaphor broken, I guess?)

Great Post!

Since so many people do not care about illegal immigration, we should make a test. Transform california in an open border country. Anyone can get in, no matter how many people, no checks whatsoever. just open borders heaven for anyone in the planet. But somehow cannot cross to the rest of US. I would love to see that.

EnricoPallazzo said:
Since so many people do not care about illegal immigration, we should make a test. Transform california in an open border country. Anyone can get in, no matter how many people, no checks whatsoever. just open borders heaven for anyone in the planet. But somehow cannot cross to the rest of US. I would love to see that.

This right here is why I have come to LOATHE republicans over the past decade and a half. 

Literally nobody's saying we don't care about illegal immigration, our argument is that the responses to it are unreasonable, exaggerated, and unnecessary. 

The problem with people like you is that you can't fathom a concept where things aren't binary. Immigration isn't pure evil any more than it's pure good. So you take any criticism of a border wall as 'well let EVERYONE in', when nobody's saying that, just that the costs associated with 'a wall' are blown out of proportion relative to the good it would do or the positives it would have. All you see is 'well they don't fully agree with me so they must be arguing for the literal diametric opposite!' 

Bullshit like this post here needs to be more thoroughly and aggressively called out for the ignorant tribalism it is. you should be ashamed of yourself for oversimplifying the issue in an attempt to devalue to perceived opinions of others. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Trump could've used the $20 billion mentioned here, by The Hill, to help the homeless, 45,000 of which are veterans, but what does he do instead? Help a fellow rich parasite buy a yacht.

You do know that thats profit these banks made? The US did not just give them $20 billion dollars from tax payers.

Runa216 said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

This right here is why I have come to LOATHE republicans over the past decade and a half. 

Literally nobody's saying we don't care about illegal immigration, our argument is that the responses to it are unreasonable, exaggerated, and unnecessary. 

The problem with people like you is that you can't fathom a concept where things aren't binary. Immigration isn't pure evil any more than it's pure good. So you take any criticism of a border wall as 'well let EVERYONE in', when nobody's saying that, just that the costs associated with 'a wall' are blown out of proportion relative to the good it would do or the positives it would have. All you see is 'well they don't fully agree with me so they must be arguing for the literal diametric opposite!' 

Bullshit like this post here needs to be more thoroughly and aggressively called out for the ignorant tribalism it is. you should be ashamed of yourself for oversimplifying the issue in an attempt to devalue to perceived opinions of others. 

Well then maybe all the people I see that are pro no borders at all is just an illusion. All the people I see asking to avoid any kind of increase in immigration control is an illusion. And in the end if immigration is good and controoling it is just a waste of money as they contribute more to the economy than harms, why control it?

By the way im not republican, im an immigrant leaving in another country.

But at least im against aggression and pro free speech.

Enrico Pallazzo!
Enrico Pallazzo!
Enrico Pallazzo!

I am a huge fan of your music!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

But what do I think of Donald Trump? He sure likes the spray tan, right?

So, the US's first gay President. You'd expect him to take better care of himself. Alternative right, I suppose.

But maybe he's a bear? As in the gay community, there are bears and twinks. Despite his resemblance as a fat and yelly middle-aged New York woman, Trump is too greasy to be a twink.

We know of the Russian tapes and his collusion.

Clearly, Putin is a Russian bear, and by default, he is the top of the two.

Which means Trump is the bottom. But don't fret, not all bottoms are submissive! Trump could be a power bottom.

A power bottom is a bottom who generates most of the power in the interaction. So not completely submissive.

No matter his role when his defecation/piss tape gets released, you know he's going to claim it's not what it looks like - that off camera he's the greatest of the power bottoms. And he'll say that there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Then continue saying that what he has done is not collusion, and hasn't been illegal since the days of Oscar Wilde. He'll rattle on about it being an ancient sexual tradition dating back 10,000 years, the medieval era, when the wheel and the wall were invented.

Anyway, it's just a thought.

And I know Trump getting shat on doesn't necessarily make him a bad President, but it does make his tactics rather filthy.

-Trump in Russia

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

https://twitter.com/realsaavedra/status/1100184415039217664?s=21 Lol if any of these Dems win the primary their 100% not getting my vote 4 this shit.