By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577
MrWayne said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Notice how Fox News is refusing to air an important documentary on Nazis and white nationalist terrorism?

Obviously it's because they don't wanna admit that Trump is just as much like Hitler like we thought he was. Wouldn't surprise me if Trump visited the graves of Holocaust victims just to urinate on them or label Rosa Parks a liberal terrorist.

Thanks for nothing, America.

Trump is a right wing populist but not a Nazi. You shouldn't compare Trump to Hitler, it makes you look like a fool and it doesn't do the history justice.

That FOX does not show the ad has one positive result,  you posted it here and now I know about the documentary, thank you :)

Immersiveunreality said:

Thank god they refused to show that,people are paranoia enough already.

The second part of your comment is just yeah ... just take a breather please.

Don't you think the documentary tackles a very interesting and important topic? Especially in a day and age were alt-right movements gain more traction?

Yes it does tackle an interesting topic but i do think it has a place already and should not be forced or expected to be shown,the short film wont revert people with that behaviour and makes a lot of others only more scared/paranoia.

What alt-right movements are you talking about and what do you consider alt-right?

Around the Network

national debt: 22 trillion dollars
unfunded liabilities: 180+ trillion dollars (unfunded pensions, social security, medicare, etc...)
anual budget deficits: 1 trillion dollars (during this supposed recovery, when the next recession hits, prepare for 2-3 trillion dollars deficits a year)

republicans and dems are both partness in this mess.

Last edited by CuCabeludo - on 21 February 2019

Immersiveunreality said:
MrWayne said:

Trump is a right wing populist but not a Nazi. You shouldn't compare Trump to Hitler, it makes you look like a fool and it doesn't do the history justice.

That FOX does not show the ad has one positive result,  you posted it here and now I know about the documentary, thank you :)

Don't you think the documentary tackles a very interesting and important topic? Especially in a day and age were alt-right movements gain more traction?

Yes it does tackle an interesting topic but i do think it has a place already and should not be forced or expected to be shown,the short film wont revert people with that behaviour and makes a lot of others only more scared/paranoia.

What alt-right movements are you talking about and what do you consider alt-right?

What place do you think it already has? Nobody talks about forcing but it would be nice if more people would knew about the documentary. People with already deeply engraved rassist ideas would obviously not change by watching a film but those who aren't that far down the rabbit hole would maybe think about it and the rest get more aware about the danger of radical anti-democratic movements. Democracy is always threatened by these forces, a reminder about this fact is necessary from time to time, so I don't see what you mean with scare and paranoia.

Maybe I miss used the term alt-right, it's not really used in my country, I should have said far right or radical right. Just to name a few examples:
the rise of far-right parties in Europe
the identitarian movement
steve bannon, alex jones and milo yiannopoulos becoming popular
etc.

MrWayne said:
Immersiveunreality said:

What place do you think it already has? Nobody talks about forcing but it would be nice if more people would knew about the documentary. People with already deeply engraved rassist ideas would obviously not change by watching a film but those who aren't that far down the rabbit hole would maybe think about it and the rest get more aware about the danger of radical anti-democratic movements. Democracy is always threatened by these forces, a reminder about this fact is necessary from time to time, so I don't see what you mean with scare and paranoia.

Maybe I miss used the term alt-right, it's not really used in my country, I should have said far right or radical right. Just to name a few examples:
etc.

Bolded 1 :It has a place amongst maybe a thousand of other documentaries,dont get me wrong i do find it good that it gets some light shed upon but this is just piling on to the fear of those that are already overaware,also a cheap shot at fox.

Bolded 2: People like captain explosion that are already hypersensitive about this and get even more paranoia comparing every rightwing politician with evil past dictators and i see comments of such people everywhere on social media,the more people hyperbole this subject the less conversation and the more both sides stay isolated into their own echochambers.

Bolded 3: Dont know enough about Steve bannon,Alex jones is a meme amongst all political sides and i do not find Milo Yiannopoulos harmfull but just a troll and a tad arrogant and it is laughable that people percieve him as racist.

Not really related but interesting: One thing that scared me was when i heard my sisters child that is 6 year old chant an antitrump song they had to learn in school,involving children to use as a political weapon is one step too far in my opinion and that is something the nazi's also did.

Immersiveunreality said:
MrWayne said:

etc.

Bolded 1 :It has a place amongst maybe a thousand of other documentaries,dont get me wrong i do find it good that it gets some light shed upon but this is just piling on to the fear of those that are already overaware,also a cheap shot at fox.

Bolded 2: People like captain explosion that are already hypersensitive about this and get even more paranoia comparing every rightwing politician with evil past dictators and i see comments of such people everywhere on social media,the more people hyperbole this subject the less conversation and the more both sides stay isolated into their own echochambers.

Bolded 3: Dont know enough about Steve bannon,Alex jones is a meme amongst all political sides and i do not find Milo Yiannopoulos harmfull but just a troll and a tad arrogant and it is laughable that people percieve him as racist.

Not really related but interesting: One thing that scared me was when i heard my sisters child that is 6 year old chant an antitrump song they had to learn in school,involving children to use as a political weapon is one step too far in my opinion and that is something the nazi's also did.

This documentary "A Night at the Garden" seems to be more than 1 in 1000 other documentaries, it got a Oscar nominee.

It's good to be concerned about the ongoing polarisation of our society but sorry, documentaries about the Nazi movement aren't responsible for this neither is avoiding those documentaries the solution. In times where the society is so polarised it's even more important that people get informed about how radicalisation happens and what techniques these movements use. This documentary is obviously about a far right movement but the lessons that can be learned from it can be extrapolited to all kinds of extremist anti-democratic movements.

about the anecdote with your niece: it's related, it's also about radicalization.

Around the Network

Vote Trump, Trump is greatest President of all time and let's ensure he remains President for a second term. I am here to support and defend Trump and I will not engage with Trump's critics.

Runa216 said:
EricHiggin said:

Saying fire is a bad thing, and then fighting fire with fire makes no sense. That would mean fire isn't a bad thing necessarily, and that actually it's a useful tool when used in certain ways. Which would then also mean hate is a useful tool, maybe even a necessary tool in certain circumstances, when used in the right way, so to say a world without hate would certainly be better, would be presumptuous. Which then makes you wonder how many other 'bad' things are actually useful and possibly necessary.

Excluding people, and hating them, are very different things. You can be of the opinion that someone is wrong or needs to be taught a lesson, and exclude them without hating them. It's also a dangerous way of trying to mold a person because total exclusion can lead to hatred and radicalization, defeating the purpose and causing an even bigger problem.

So what is the age at which a person needs to come to this understanding? Anyone under 18 is aloud to be a racist, sexist, etc, and completely get away with it? Since when is the world the deciding factor? Certain countries are super closed off and racist, sexist, etc, yet nobody bats an eye because they aren't in the spotlight. Do they need to be taught a lesson and excluded in the hope that they eventually come to terms? Are you saying the individuals who paid the price for suggesting the Earth was round deserved their horrible mistreatment? Everyone knew the world was flat, the authorities and (lack of) data said so, and so anyone who questioned it needed to pay in some manner. How much time and when is enough data truly enough? Does data trump feelings or vice versa?

The leaps of logic...they burns us! 

The whole metaphor about 'fighting fire with fire' is foolish. Again, you're conflating action with reaction. Instigation vs response. I didn't ask to live in a nation where 50 million people put forth their support to Donald Trump (I'm not even gonna list off his misdeeds for they are far too numerous at this point to recount; also, I don't live in America but for the sake of argument the point still stands), but the reality is that we DO live in that world. 

If you think politely asking people to be nicer is going to work, hoo boy have I got about 100,000 years of human history to teach you. 

I hate violence, but the reality is that some times it truly is the only answer. If being aggressive towards those who, for lack of a better or more mature term, started it, then I will do so. Inaction does not foster results. I spent my whole life trying to discuss and debate and educate and explain things to those with whom I don't agree. It doesn't work. Never has. Saying 'hey, you probably shouldn't be racist' only makes people be more racist. IT'd be nice if it worked the opposite way and simply educating people would make them see the error in their ways, but it doesn't work. 

Okay, it works sometimes, but it's a very small minority of examples. 

Aggression is the only language some people respond to, and while I don't condone violence the reality is that it may be necessary. I truly do believe that modern republicans - at least the ones who marched in Charlottesville or the ones who are sending bombs to senators or the ones who are violently pushing right-wing rhetoric - need to be stopped, and ideaology is not enough, it seems. On the flipside, it appears most of them are too dense to understand reason or kindness and thus peaceful discussions won't work. The worst part is that they KNOW their ignorant stubbournness is what gets under the skin of so many others, and they know that if you frustrate your opponent and they lash out then you win both in the eyes of the law and in the eyes of onlookers. 

I say fuck that. Lash out. Yell. LEt them know their hatred will not stand, and if that means 'fighting fire with fire', then so be it. If that means aggressively treating them the same way they treat others, then so be it. (Also, firefighters use fire to 'control' forest fires...so metaphor broken, I guess?)

So foolish that you ended up using it to try and prove your point, which looks to be that most things are both good and bad? Except for Reps I guess? Not sure how you can come to a conclusion like that with that initial mindset, or how your able to argue at all since you yourself see both sides to each issue apparently, both positive and negative.

Gollum and that ring sure led to clouded judgement.

CaptainExplosion said:
Immersiveunreality said:

I consider the KKK and Neo-Nazis alt-right, as well as the Coastguard member who was plotting a white supremacy terrorist attack, one of his targets IS EVEN A TRUMP OPPONENT.

When will you people realize that Trump was put in power by inhuman scum?

And speaking of rich white trash, look at what the Houston Astros' owner's ex-wife does in her free time; harassing a black family just for celebrating a birthday party.

Bolded: Ironic that you ask people to see things realistic while going from hyperbole to hyperbole.

You might just have lost your faith in humanity to think he is put in power by inhuman scum,the negatives you see are nonexistent to a lot of trump voters so  they see positives for the people and that is what drove them to vote for trump and sure there is inhuman scum everywhere on any side but really that statement you made here is a mindtactic that same inhuman scum would use to make the thinking easier .

The example about the black family you make does not justify the generalisation by you of those that voted for Trump,again you use the tactics of those you are supposedly "fighting" against.

SpokenTruth said:
Immersiveunreality said:

the negatives you see are nonexistent to a lot of trump voters so  they see positives for the people and that is what drove them to vote for trump

Ah, yes.  These same people that I now see on Twitter complaining that they never thought he was going harm them (higher taxes)....only other people.

Yes,different people do exist and also most do not know enough about politics to be held accountable,can you blame them with such a puppetery show the media puts on each time?

The ones that you see fitting within your view of what the other side is like do not prove a point to justify the generalisation of the whole trump-voters crowd, i guess we can make some claims about crazy lefties and project that on all of the left too.

If that wasnt your intend then im sorry for suggesting it was .

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Donald J. Trump is the solution and is saving American economy and his government is building stronger nation that will benefit the American people. Trump's legacy will be remembered as one the greatest Presidents, who did great things despite the vocal opposition that doubted him. It takes a great leader to fight on despite the opposition against him. So what, Trump has many critics on social media and on leftist TV networks. Trump is the American President and his critics are not American President. We live in a democratic society and everyone can voice his/her own opinion.

Will be fun times when next recession hits with the amount of debt and fucked up relations with almost every other country.

And the next recession won't take long. First Trump  helps to fuck up the economy around the world and then it will hit USA