By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577
iron_megalith said:
Machiavellian said:
The interesting part is that even the most hardliners on immigration believe Trump fixation with a wall is very over blown. The wall isn't even on their top ten list for securing the border and immigration reform because its one of the least initiative in preventing illegal immigration.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/23/trump-border-wall-immigration-hawks-1121835

https://www.numbersusa.com/solutions/ten-steps-fix-broken-immigration-enforcement-system

Overblown? To some extent I agree. But if it's not brought to table now, then I highly doubt it will have a chance again in the future. Trump should do a better job at the bargaining end as well. If Dems want security for current DACA recipients with a clear path to Citizenship? I say give it. I'm fine with that.

In exchange he should demand not just the wall, but an overall stronger focus on border security and immigration reform.

You do know he turned down that deal already right.  There were a few deals that hit the senate floor in 2018 with exactly that but it also included a path to citizenship for Dreamers.  Trump administration turned them all down.  In other words we have been here before.  Look up the USA Act and the McCain Coons bill.  There was another one I cannot remember the name but I believe Senator Lindsay Graham brought that one up and was also turned down.  Actually during that time, Graham was called all kinds of names from the White House before he had his transformation into Trump #1 cheerleader today.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
Machiavellian said:
The interesting part is that even the most hardliners on immigration believe Trump fixation with a wall is very over blown. The wall isn't even on their top ten list for securing the border and immigration reform because its one of the least initiative in preventing illegal immigration.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/23/trump-border-wall-immigration-hawks-1121835

https://www.numbersusa.com/solutions/ten-steps-fix-broken-immigration-enforcement-system

"pushing him to embrace what they call more effective enforcement policies as part of any deal with Congress."

A quote form one of your articles. To that I say, go and research the multitude of times there has been an immigration reform that will SOLVE our immigration problem. It feels every new president there is 1 or 2 reforms performed to fix out illegal immigration problem.

So many people have so many other solutions to a wall that they say will work so much better, because walls suck and won't work at all. 

They are being stubborn idiots. Walls work, and will be cost effective. If you don't believe that having a wall from coast to coast would make it harder for immigrants to cross into the United States, then I have a bridge to sell you. If you don't think you would need less people to patrol a border if there is a wall versus if there is not one, then I have another bridge that I can put up for sale. Ect.

Go back some posts and look at the graphs for how the wall affected immigration in Israel. 

None of the reform bills have ever passed either the house or the Senate and lets be honest, neither will this one.  Neither the Dems nor the GOP really want immigration reform because America is built on cheap labor.  Its a Billion dollar industry and both sides always find a way to turn down a bill.  Congress has played this game for decades and they really are fine with no solution. 

Trump isn't trying to build a wall from coast to coast.  Of the 2K miles of unprotected border he is looking to build a wall for 200 miles.  So for 200 miles, this project will take what 5 to 10 years.  Its not even clear if Trump will even get to build that wall for that stretch of the border because a lot of that land is owned.  So now you are going to have a crap ton of lawsuits on eminent domain claims which could lock up a lot of that in court for years.  The government will need to provide a lot of documentation on why taking away this land from the owners is necessary.  One thing the Trump administration has a very crap record on is providing their due process in documentation on policy issues challenged within courts.  The 5.7 Billion is just an estimate that hasn't even been cost analyzed yet.  They still have not even done that work.  Even if they win the eminent domain claim, next they will have to pay for the land purchased which is not included in that cost.  

As to your reference to Israel wall, well others have a much different opinion on that one.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2017/01/donald-trump-wrong-israel-security-wall-170129075510513.html

I like this quote from the article which pretty much points to the wall Trump want to build.  The Israel wall is no more complete as this 200 mile wall will be and it's purpose is pretty much on the same lines.

"An incomplete wall is about as effective as a mosquito net that covers two-thirds of you. Would you buy one to protect you?"

Also if you do more research on Israel wall you will find a bunch of photos of people using a ladder to scale it with no problems.  

Machiavellian said: 

The Dems did say it suck and they did say no.  I guess you miss the memo.  The point still stand, no deal until the government is open.  The DACA offer was a joke and if standing by what you say is weak, then I guess they will be weak in YOUR eyes.  At the end of the day, playing the shutdown game is over.  3 times is enough of that.  The one way you get such a play off the table is to never deal from that position.  The last thing the Dems want is another shutdown because Trump decided to use it a 4th time.  

Lol, so the Dems stance is that Trump is making them look bad so open the government.  I guess if that is how you see it then it must be so.  Since the polls and Trump support doesn't agree with you, I am going to take this as just your opinion.  Also if I am not mistaken, Trump has said numerous times that he has built his wall.  Did you not get the memo on that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/04/05/president-trump-says-his-beautiful-wall-is-being-built-nope/?utm_term=.562a208a6400

Trump saying he wants to deal and actually dealing is two different things.  Trump says a lot of things he doesn't mean but action is always a true test of a person resolve.  Why don't you show you evidence of Trump actually trying to deal with the Dems at any point.  For every one you find, I can find 10 examples where he has did the opposite.

I love how you throw in there people who have jobs and not working isn't necessary.  That is basically the stance of people like you.  If it doesn't effect me then it sucks for you.  I guess those border agents, TSA agents, Trump security, IRS are all people who are not necessary working for free at the moment.  You are right, Trump should continue this until 2020 costing the country Billions of dollars and nuking the economy.  Yep, that is totally smart Ideal and should have him elected for a second term.  He can proclaim again that he was totally responsible for the Shutdown and it was his glorious strategy to show how weak the Dems are compared to his glorious controlled GOP.  Just think how that worked out for the mid election in the house, because people were so enthralled with his brilliance and the GOP that they were able to maintain control.... opps that did not happen did it.  Oh well, as long as you believe this is a smart strategy, I guess it must be so.  

So the Dems couldn't honestly deny the offer. Gotcha. Both points stand. The Dems won't deal if the Gov re-opens and Trump won't get a deal if he doesn't use leverage. So the Dems think by not playing ball this time, that Trump will 'learn' and never try it again? Ok, because history has proven that to be the case with him, never.

You should take it as my opinion, since my opinion was also that the perfect polls that stated Trump couldn't possibly become Prez even if he rigged the vote we're wrong, and not only were they wrong, they were way off. Trump nor the Dems or MSM seems to have changed, so what makes you think the polls have?

Trump says a lot of things, can't argue that. You want me to prove to you where he does try to deal, which I already pointed out, and your going to prove to me he's avoided dealing at times in the past, and that's supposed to change my mind about the Dems not wanting a deal when it comes to the wall right now? What?

People like me? If it doesn't effect the majority as a whole, then no, it's not that big of a deal. Democracy right? Majority rules? No? The fact you keep assuming I'm so self centered, just makes me think that's how you think about yourself, and your projecting that onto me. The people were already getting tired of winning plus tired of hearing the left complain and figured if they gave them a little power, but not enough to really do any harm, they just might tone it down. Boy were they wrong. After being trained so well by the MSM and their consistent repetitive agenda based talking points, if you keep agreeing with me, I'm going to actually start thinking your a far right winger, or even worse...

RaptorChrist said:
Runa216 said:

As a white male who was born in the U.S. (parents and grandparents too), I can say that if allowing immigrants to flood into the country will negatively impact my life, then there is a good chance I don't want it. An illegal, Mexican immigrant who doesn't pay taxes is probably not benefiting me (perhaps hindering me, even), so I would want something done about it.

It might seem like selfish behavior, but it's also my wife and kids, my family, my wife's family, etcetera.

I'm not a republican, but it's not so much a "Fuck you" as just a "I want nothing to do with you". I don't think there is hatred towards these people. I can understand why everyone wants to come to the U.S., and I sympathize with those that can't come here, but as a human being, I want the lives of those that are close to me to be improved. It sucks that there are people that have to risk their lives to get into this country.

Well it is bit weird to be against immigrants but at the same time you have white people at the moment screwing over 800.000 people and be serious those people will love to pay taxes if it gives them citizenship.  At the moment it are people who pay a small share of their income to taxes are the ones getting citizenship :p.

Anyway

irstupid said:

Saw something the other day putting into perspective the $5 billion dollars. 

It basically removed the zeroes from the overall budget and the 5 billion. Then it said imagine a household going on strike because they don't want to budget 50 dollars out of their 45,000 income.

You mean a household already spending $42,000 per year with an annual deficit of already $8,600 (which means $33,400 income) and already $220,000 in debt.

Yeah, that puts it in perspective. With over six times debt than annual income and the debts growing fast instead of decreasing the alarm bell should ring 24/7 and every buck spent with a vague benefit sometimes in the future should be talked about.

The USA (and most other countries) are living way beyond their means and future generations will be totally f*cked. The US national debt per citizen is already at $66.867 on average... plus $59.215 personal debt per citizen on average... plus the stat debt per citizen... plus the debt of your town/city/village per citizen.

Around the Network

The debt is not an issue but the interest on the debt is, the total amount of interest paid by the goverment was +200 billion in 2017 and in 2018 it was estimated to pass by 350 billion. They expected it to be at 600 billion around 2025 but it could be 900 billion at this rate. To put it into perspective, that would be more than the cost of the Military or Medicaid. It is simple if you have a budget of 2500 billion and you need to cut 600/900 billion from it you don't have much left. It would be so wise to cut the cost/increase the taxes but it would hurt the markets and the economy now instead of later.

Edit:  With 900 billion you could build a wall around the USA!

Can't post the graph:  

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/25/business/economy/us-government-debt-interest.html

Last edited by konnichiwa - on 25 January 2019

Machiavellian said:
iron_megalith said:

Overblown? To some extent I agree. But if it's not brought to table now, then I highly doubt it will have a chance again in the future. Trump should do a better job at the bargaining end as well. If Dems want security for current DACA recipients with a clear path to Citizenship? I say give it. I'm fine with that.

In exchange he should demand not just the wall, but an overall stronger focus on border security and immigration reform.

You do know he turned down that deal already right.  There were a few deals that hit the senate floor in 2018 with exactly that but it also included a path to citizenship for Dreamers.  Trump administration turned them all down.  In other words we have been here before.  Look up the USA Act and the McCain Coons bill.  There was another one I cannot remember the name but I believe Senator Lindsay Graham brought that one up and was also turned down.  Actually during that time, Graham was called all kinds of names from the White House before he had his transformation into Trump #1 cheerleader today.

That's why I said he has to step it up if he wants that wall. He offered limited protection for the DACA recipients.

irstupid said:
Machiavellian said:

"pushing him to embrace what they call more effective enforcement policies as part of any deal with Congress."

A quote form one of your articles. To that I say, go and research the multitude of times there has been an immigration reform that will SOLVE our immigration problem. It feels every new president there is 1 or 2 reforms performed to fix out illegal immigration problem.

So many people have so many other solutions to a wall that they say will work so much better, because walls suck and won't work at all. 

They are being stubborn idiots. Walls work, and will be cost effective. If you don't believe that having a wall from coast to coast would make it harder for immigrants to cross into the United States, then I have a bridge to sell you. If you don't think you would need less people to patrol a border if there is a wall versus if there is not one, then I have another bridge that I can put up for sale. Ect.

Go back some posts and look at the graphs for how the wall affected immigration in Israel. 

In my opinion, this kind of thinking "If it doesn't stop everything, then it's not worth doing" is bullshit. Might as well abolish the law in general because it doesn't stop everything. Get rid of the stop signs. Stoplights. Crosswalks. It doesn't really stop people from ignoring it and it's just a waste of effort.

Last edited by iron_megalith - on 25 January 2019

So now the shutdown is ended well for three weeks. I really wonder what's going to happen with the debate about the debt ceiling that follow end february beings march.

Bombshell: yet ANOTHER one of Beloved Leader’s collaborators has been indicted. Roger Stone has been charged with multiple crimes by the Mueller Investigation, including witness tampering and obstruction of an official proceeding.

Beloved Leader is running out of allies; those he hasn’t driven away by his incompetent fake leadership keep getting themselves arrested.

What does this mean for Beloved Leader’s Stupid Shutdown? Obviously, it means he will log into Twitter and angrily fail the Turing Test over and over again, as is tradition. It also means his opposition is even stronger and have less reason to humor the Gang Of Pussygrabbers, let alone submit to their infantile demands.

It is clear that Beloved Leader’s regime is in decline; their sphere of influence is shrinking and Mueller’s net is tightening around Kim-Jong Drumpf. Individual 1 should quit while he’s behind.