By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577
collint0101 said:
jason1637 said:

The wall would basickly end the problem of people illegally entering from the southern border. Hundreds of thousands of people enter the US this way every year so it would be wise for us to fund the wall to stop that. Trump knows that the only way he can do it now is with having the government shutdown over it. 

If he can't get Mexico to pay for it maybe he shouldn't have made this bs promise in the first place. Either way even if the wall appeared over night it still wouldn't fix anything in the long run. The majority of illegal immigration is a result of people entering the country legally then over staying their visas and that's been the case since 2007. 

All politicians make promises they can't keep. Yeah a lot of illegal imkigrants come from overstayed visas but that does not mean that we should no deal with the problem in the southern border. There can be a wall to stop illegal immigrants from coming to the border, and legislation can be made to crack down on people who overstay their visas.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
collint0101 said:

If he can't get Mexico to pay for it maybe he shouldn't have made this bs promise in the first place. Either way even if the wall appeared over night it still wouldn't fix anything in the long run. The majority of illegal immigration is a result of people entering the country legally then over staying their visas and that's been the case since 2007. 

All politicians make promises they can't keep. Yeah a lot of illegal imkigrants come from overstayed visas but that does not mean that we should no deal with the problem in the southern border. There can be a wall to stop illegal immigrants from coming to the border, and legislation can be made to crack down on people who overstay their visas.

That's a problem with politics we just accept bs like that like it's the norm or ok. No Trump shouldn't get his wall because he made a stupid and impractical promise. This should be an example to future politicians not to run a campaign based off of lies or it will come back later and hurt your image, polling numbers, approval rating ect when said bs doesn't come to pass. As for the topic of illegal immigration make the path to citizenship more efficient and punish businesses that hire illegals. People come here illegally because going through official channels can take upwards of 5 years and they stay because people keep giving them jobs. Make legal immigration much quicker and smoother while making it harder for those that profit off of illegal labor 

collint0101 said:
jason1637 said:

That's a problem with politics we just accept bs like that like it's the norm or ok. No Trump shouldn't get his wall because he made a stupid and impractical promise. This should be an example to future politicians not to run a campaign based off of lies or it will come back later and hurt your image, polling numbers, approval rating ect when said bs doesn't come to pass. As for the topic of illegal immigration make the path to citizenship more efficient and punish businesses that hire illegals. People come here illegally because going through official channels can take upwards of 5 years and they stay because people keep giving them jobs. Make legal immigration much quicker and smoother while making it harder for those that profit off of illegal labor 

I agree that politicians should not make promises that they can't keep. Saying that he wanted to build a wallw a spossible but saying Mexico would pay for it was very unlikely so that was pretty dumb. And I agree that the process of getting a green card and becoming naturalized is way too complex and needs to be reformed so the process can be quicker. But at the same time we still need to try to prevent those that don't go through the process from entering the country.

On this episode of Cutting Off Your Nose to Spite Your Face, Trump would literally let the country burn to antagonize the Dems.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/424506-trump-tells-fema-not-to-send-more-money-to-california-for-forest

Jumpin said:
So, what exactly is the stupidity that he is pulling now?
Is that he shut down the US government and nationalized jobs because he can't get Mexico to pay for a wall like he promised.
Or did he shut it all down because he wants the Democratic party to pay for it instead?

American politics are a little confusing, neither of those things make sense. I think whiney baby Trump needs to sit in a corner and get a timeout before his tantrum breaks something.

How about a public execution? I would prefer a public execution. Free live attendance. Then put the broadcast on PPV. All proceeds to charity.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
collint0101 said:

I agree that politicians should not make promises that they can't keep. Saying that he wanted to build a wallw a spossible but saying Mexico would pay for it was very unlikely so that was pretty dumb. And I agree that the process of getting a green card and becoming naturalized is way too complex and needs to be reformed so the process can be quicker. But at the same time we still need to try to prevent those that don't go through the process from entering the country.

It wasn't a lie at the time and still isn't. Trump wanted a wall and the people agreed. The Mexico paying for it bit, if you took it as directly paying for it, may have been a little overboard an unclear, but how was Trump supposed to know who the exact politicians would be that he had to deal with at that time, and how they would react to this plan? Trump isn't telling the people they can take their wall and stuff it, and he's not dodging it, he's fighting for it, which is part of the reason why he was put in the position he now holds.

EricHiggin said:
jason1637 said:

It wasn't a lie at the time and still isn't. Trump wanted a wall and the people agreed. The Mexico paying for it bit, if you took it as directly paying for it, may have been a little overboard an unclear, but how was Trump supposed to know who the exact politicians would be that he had to deal with at that time, and how they would react to this plan? Trump isn't telling the people they can take their wall and stuff it, and he's not dodging it, he's fighting for it, which is part of the reason why he was put in the position he now holds.

The part that I don't get is what Bandorr pointed out above : 'Why did they never try this in the TWO years they had in charge of the senate, the house, AND presidency - but now it is "important" enough to punish people over?'

It seems to have been intentionally timed to create the maximum drama/friction/conflict... Unless there's a reason that he had to wait this far into his term?

SpokenTruth said:
jason1637 said:

The wall would basickly end the problem of people illegally entering from the southern border. Hundreds of thousands of people enter the US this way every year so it would be wise for us to fund the wall to stop that. Trump knows that the only way he can do it now is with having the government shutdown over it. 

If you're going to lie.  Lie smart.  This is not a smart lie.

This info comes from the government. They even break it down by month.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration

jason1637 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ2pntdQNFM

Democrats are in the wrong here. They don't even want to cut a deal.

WE don't negotiate with Terrorists. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
jason1637 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ2pntdQNFM

Democrats are in the wrong here. They don't even want to cut a deal.

WE don't negotiate with Terrorists. 

Both parties have terrorized other countries.