By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577
EricHiggin said:
Machiavellian said:

You don't get it, why even waste your time responding to satire.  Even worst is that by calling Cohen someone who ratted him out, he gives the impression that Cohen is telling the truth.  Its these dumb slip ups that continue to make him look even more the fool then he already does.  When you are under investigation, any smart person knows you claim up because anything you say, tweet, or do is admissible in court.  If it's this easy to get him to respond, how easy will it be for anyone to continue to get him triggered where he will say something he cannot take back.

As for SNL, the bit wasn't even that funny and I haven't watched the show for a decade.  I just find it funny how easy it is to Trigger Trump and how simple minded he is with his responses, never understanding the connotations or implementations his tweets has.  Each day, Trump continues to show why he has failed with so many different businesses, the man is a complete idiot.

What's not to get? What exactly defines "wasted time"? No chance he's just trolling? Why should he definitely be worried? Look at all the other political figures over time who've done or said stupid, unacceptable things and basically gotten away with it. Major convictions are few and far between. If your innocent, or you at least are covered enough that legally you don't have to worry, why not continue as per usual? If there is little or no hard evidence that directly ties Trump to any of this, then Trump can even admit to doing it, and unless they can prove he did it, the likelihood of him being proven guilty is highly unlikely. People falsely admit to committing crimes and have their cases tossed when it can't be proven they actually did it. Now if there is substantial hard evidence, but not quite enough to prove guilt beyond doubt, and someone falsely admits to the crime, it can in certain cases, be presented in a manner that ends up being enough for a guilty verdict. If Trump was seriously concerned, he would put a sock in it, but the fact that he doesn't, implies he has nothing to worry about so there is no reason for him to avoid the situation. Either that or he doesn't care either way. It's not like Trump has never been sued before and lost.

Is Trump really the one who is triggered, or is all the haters on social media? Possibly both?

So you believe a president of the US should waste time responding to satire.  I guess we have totally different opinions of the things the US President should be spending his time worrying about.  Who cares if he is trolling if you look stupid doing it.  The president words have weight and even when you are trolling if it comes out incorrectly as his rat statement about Cohen, then he further makes himself the fool.  As I figured, no matter what the President does, no matter how stupid it is, you will always be on his defense.  

As anyone knows, just being innocent isn't always enough.  Keeping your mouth shut is always the better plan because words have weight, and the wrong words or context put you in jeopardy.  This is the reason you hire lawyers and its the reason most turned him down because he doesn't listen.

Yes, Trump is the one Triggered, because he is the one always responding.  That is what being triggered means when people get you act out in anger over the dumbest of stuff.  As long as enablers like you cheer him on he will continue to alienate more people and make his chances in 2020 even more remote.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Also, keep this in mind.

Trump will going to Mar-A-Lago for 16 days to play golf while he shuts the government down. That means the Secret Service agents and all other support personnel for his trip will not be getting paid while he plays golf in south Florida.

I am sure EricHiggins has a defense statement for this as well.  Yes, I am calling out my buddy Eric because I love his responses.

On another note, I am sure the President continues to make a lot of friends in Washington with this move.  It would be funny and not funny if the Secret Service just left during this time.

I used my smocking gun to put the final touches on my covfefe this morning.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
CaptainExplosion said:
Flilix said:

There are plenty of reasons to call Saudi Arabia 'an enemy of the free world' (eg. censoring press and criticism, poor human rights...), but this one doesn't make any sense. Bin Laden has never been in the Saudian government, he even criticised them for being friends with the US.

He was still from that country, so 9/11 was Saudi Arabia's fault. If that country were to fall I can't say I'd be sorry to see it happen.

Need I remind you of the Crown Prince's Tiger Squad, his team of assassins allegedly formed to kill his critics in and out of Saudi Arabia? That would include Western citizens like us. He's pretty much a terrorist now.

So, by that logic, people should have blamed Austria for Hitler and not Germany. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

KManX89 said:

Donnie Dumb Dumb has  reached a new low even by his standards (which is really saying a whole hell of a lot). His answer to the soaring debt incurred under him? I don't care. I shit you not, he literally said it's not his problem because he won't be here when the economy collapses due to his disastrous tariffs and ludicrous tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations at the expense of Medicaid, Social Security, etc. which, again, he repeatedly said he wouldn't go after. 

Wow, I'm almost speechless. He literally says he doesn't give two fucks if he runs the economy into the ground like Dubya did. This is what happens when you put a guy who filed for bankruptcy six times and has spent his whole life scamming contractors in the White House, but of course, conservatives will still try to defend him. They'll fail, but they'll try.

How many recessions/depressions do we have to suffer under fiscally-irresponsible Republican presidents (the opposite of their mantra) before people begin to realize that voting for them is a bad idea? George W. Bush nearly collapsed the economy and now, the debt is skyrocketing once again under them, go figure. Oh, and speaking of destroying the economy, the Dow Jones dropped another 800 points after his dumbass "Tariff Man" Tweet about how he's going to continue these terrible tariffs. 

Well those republicans probably made some good money so why should they care if it hurts the population? 

but Trump is also right people will blame the president in the office when their is a recission not him.

The market going down is mostly to blame because of a higher interest rate, with a low interest rate people invest in the market but everytime the federal reserve increases the interest rate you get a new group of people who will invest in bonds etc because they will get for sure a higher return and look to the market as a 'high risk' that ofcourse will lead to lower markets etc....

Ofcourse you may demand the federal reserve to not increase it but then Inflation will grow faster, a higher inflation will be less blamed on Trump that's why it is kind of wise from him to attack the FED.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Peh said:

So, by that logic, people should have blamed Austria for Hitler and not Germany. 

Why not blame both? Besides, when has Saudi Arabia ever contributed something GOOD to society?

Talking about Saudi Arabia, i really enjoyed when the crown prince visited Japan with his huge plane and luxirous cars etc

and then ended in an empty simple room in Japan where it not done to show of your weath but people rather form an opinion on what you do.

Machiavellian said:
EricHiggin said:

What's not to get? What exactly defines "wasted time"? No chance he's just trolling? Why should he definitely be worried? Look at all the other political figures over time who've done or said stupid, unacceptable things and basically gotten away with it. Major convictions are few and far between. If your innocent, or you at least are covered enough that legally you don't have to worry, why not continue as per usual? If there is little or no hard evidence that directly ties Trump to any of this, then Trump can even admit to doing it, and unless they can prove he did it, the likelihood of him being proven guilty is highly unlikely. People falsely admit to committing crimes and have their cases tossed when it can't be proven they actually did it. Now if there is substantial hard evidence, but not quite enough to prove guilt beyond doubt, and someone falsely admits to the crime, it can in certain cases, be presented in a manner that ends up being enough for a guilty verdict. If Trump was seriously concerned, he would put a sock in it, but the fact that he doesn't, implies he has nothing to worry about so there is no reason for him to avoid the situation. Either that or he doesn't care either way. It's not like Trump has never been sued before and lost.

Is Trump really the one who is triggered, or is all the haters on social media? Possibly both?

So you believe a president of the US should waste time responding to satire.  I guess we have totally different opinions of the things the US President should be spending his time worrying about.  Who cares if he is trolling if you look stupid doing it.  The president words have weight and even when you are trolling if it comes out incorrectly as his rat statement about Cohen, then he further makes himself the fool.  As I figured, no matter what the President does, no matter how stupid it is, you will always be on his defense.  

As anyone knows, just being innocent isn't always enough.  Keeping your mouth shut is always the better plan because words have weight, and the wrong words or context put you in jeopardy.  This is the reason you hire lawyers and its the reason most turned him down because he doesn't listen.

Yes, Trump is the one Triggered, because he is the one always responding.  That is what being triggered means when people get you act out in anger over the dumbest of stuff.  As long as enablers like you cheer him on he will continue to alienate more people and make his chances in 2020 even more remote.

As long as he's getting things done he can 'waste' all the time he wants. His opposition wastes just as much of his time and he does himself, so have at it. Who's to say he looks stupid? Plenty of people think he looks like a boss. Who says what he said was incorrect? If he was trolling he likely meant to word it that way. 'Look guys, we tried to figure out gravity a few times but still haven't got something that pleases us, so let's just give up because it either must be impossible or we're wrong and gravity doesn't exist'.

We were told Trump opening his mouth, and just being Trump, was enough to never stand a chance at being Prez, yet here we are. Maybe he knows something we don't. He is kinda old, has met many people and tried many things. At least a few things must have stuck.

Trump is just responding to his yet to be fans. They don't know it yet, but he does. 

Machiavellian said:
SpokenTruth said:
Also, keep this in mind.

Trump will going to Mar-A-Lago for 16 days to play golf while he shuts the government down. That means the Secret Service agents and all other support personnel for his trip will not be getting paid while he plays golf in south Florida.

I am sure EricHiggins has a defense statement for this as well.  Yes, I am calling out my buddy Eric because I love his responses.

On another note, I am sure the President continues to make a lot of friends in Washington with this move.  It would be funny and not funny if the Secret Service just left during this time.

Sounds like when I would have to get up in the middle of the night on a Sunday and go to an emergency call sometimes. Thing is instead of getting paid triple time like I should have been, I was only paid time and a half because the call was for a specific customer which was part of the Gov. That contract led to a tonne more work for the company and it was laid back and easy going during normal regular time, which is part of the reason they got a deal for overtime and emergencies. Did I complain? No, because it was a fairly rare instance and considering the importance of that specific area out of power, it didn't exactly feel like a chore and so I just did my job. I also had to wait two weeks for my pay, if it wasn't incorrect.

Trump is the President and shutdown's are fairly rare. They will also get paid when it's over. If it's so terrible, then the Dems should just give Trump his measly 5 bil and be done with it. That money is pocket change for the Gov, and with all the talk of how much money universal healthcare will save, how about the savings from the wall? I'd much rather die at the hands of an illegal immigrant, knowing I had free healthcare for the rest of my life...

CaptainExplosion said:
konnichiwa said:

Talking about Saudi Arabia, i really enjoyed when the crown prince visited Japan with his huge plane and luxirous cars etc

and then ended in an empty simple room in Japan where it not done to show of your weath but people rather form an opinion on what you do.

Are you being sarcastic?

My opinion of him is still not to be repeated in front of children, like the thousands of Yemeni children he gladly slaughtered over some bullshit.

Not really, I like how simple the Japanese are, other countries would have a huge buffet probably in some expensive restaurant or Palace.

SpokenTruth said:

I wonder how they get a free pass on stuff like this.

This has been the MO for the Trump administration since he ran for president.  Lie until you are caught, then when you are caught try to blame someone else for your lies.  Its really a PR campaign.  They will continue to lie to their base hoping they never see or read anything outside of either conservative news or fox.  They know they have those people hooked lined and sinkered where they will continue to believe everything is Dems, Left, Liberal or whatever excuse they want to use to get them to sleep at night never having to make a decision on just how bad they have been suckered.

EricHiggin said:
Machiavellian said:

As long as he's getting things done he can 'waste' all the time he wants. His opposition wastes just as much of his time and he does himself, so have at it. Who's to say he looks stupid? Plenty of people think he looks like a boss. Who says what he said was incorrect? If he was trolling he likely meant to word it that way. 'Look guys, we tried to figure out gravity a few times but still haven't got something that pleases us, so let's just give up because it either must be impossible or we're wrong and gravity doesn't exist'.

We were told Trump opening his mouth, and just being Trump, was enough to never stand a chance at being Prez, yet here we are. Maybe he knows something we don't. He is kinda old, has met many people and tried many things. At least a few things must have stuck.

Trump is just responding to his yet to be fans. They don't know it yet, but he does. 

What has he gotten done?  You tell me what he has he done so far because I am very interested to know.  So are you saying he looks like the boss.  Not really caring about the fictional other people but I am interested in your opinion of why he looks the boss.  Is it how he is handling his administration, world politics or domestic.  Just wondering about the things he has done that you believe makes him the boss.  

As far as your second paragraph, not sure who ever said that.  Any idiot can get elected to office as we have seen plenty in the US.  The difference is that once they get into office how effective can they be.  This is probably where we totally differ in opinion.  I have always believed he was an idiot and scam artist.  Just because he was able to get elected hasn't changed that one bit.  If anything it increase.

What I see from Trump history is that anytime he tries something outside of real estate he has failed.  Every last venture belly up.  So many be you believe that such a failure rate is something admirable but usually people who fail that much would never get hired to run a company.  As we see in 2 years of his administration, nothing has changed.  He is a 70 year old idiot who runs on his guts.  The same guts that has put him into 6 bankruptcies and numerous failed businesses.  I guess if thats what you see as success, you have the right guy in office.