By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577
Dango_ said:
People still post here? lol.

Yes, its fun to have a one central location to post about our President.  One thing I have to give it to Trump, he did turn the White House into reality TV series.  I serious doubt anyone could have wrote a better sitcom.

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
Runa216 said:

As the old meme claims, 'ain't nobody got time for that'

If I'm going to write 300 pages of anything I'll spend that time making and publishing a novel instead of carefully and thoroughly arguing against someone on the internet who would ignore what I wrote or dismiss me anyway. Just know that everything he said in that post is so deeply and fundamentally flawed on multiple levels that I could spend weeks explaining it to him...but I also know he'd just respond with something equally as stupid rather than addressing points so I'd rather not.

Make it a 600 page novel and name it The Winds Of Winter please.

Also you do not have to make a huge response to him to have a chance of making a positive impact, one flaw at a time. ? 

I like you! 

Alas, my skills are nowhere near that of GRRM so I have a long way to go towards a goal such as that. HOWEVER, I do love writing so we'll see what happens. 

As for the actual topic at hand, I'm kinda over it. Trump's never-ending assault of stupidity and the drones that inexplicably support him has proven to be far too exhausting for me. I can't keep up with every foolish, heartless, ignorant, or otherwise misguided thing I read on the internet. 

Furthermore, trying to tell a trump supporter (or a modern republican, for that matter) seems about as fruitless as explaining the biological reasons why throwing shit is a bad thing to monkeys. They either don't understand or don't care and will just throw shit at you so I'd rather not be coated in shit. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Now that Trump is done, what's next?

CosmicSex said:

Well, it's not official yet, and shit could still get worse. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
CosmicSex said:

Wait, what's going on? Did I miss something? Just googled it and found nothing about him getting impeached. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network

I doubt Trump will get impeached unless Mueller has direct evidence that shows either gross obstruction or willful collusion. So far from what I have viewed, there was a definite push from Russian assets to compromise Trump and his people. They played on his greed and his non stop ability to lie about everything. They basically played him and his people like the inexperienced greedy businessmen fools their are. Even if Trump get impeached by the House, it would take the Senate to remove him and since that is controlled by the GOP, thats not going to happen (basically the same thing as Clinton). Now after Trump leaves office, well thats another story which if this was Games of Thrones would be book 3.

Either way, there is no development for impeachment of Trump and we are still waiting on Mueller investigation to conclude. One story I found interesting is that NRA Maria Butina story. Her pleading guilty as a Russian agent and how she was instructed to help fund Trump campaign through the NRA is one hell of a story. The depth at which Russia spearheaded their campaign is quite impressive. I wonder how many more people in the Trump org will go down with her deal. It seemed they had some sort of back channel to Trump people during the election which probably going to net a few more indictments.

Runa216 said:
COKTOE said:

Wait, what's going on? Did I miss something? Just googled it and found nothing about him getting impeached. 

No, that's why I said it isn't official. It's a possibility though. So is him serving jail time if he doesn't win in 2020. And like I also said, things could get worse for him, and I think they most certainly will. There's still more information coming. 

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Runa216 said:

No, that's why I said it isn't official. It's a possibility though. So is him serving jail time if he doesn't win in 2020. And like I also said, things could get worse for him, and I think they most certainly will. There's still more information coming. 

I believe the key part is that when Trump leaves office he will have to deal with all the money laundering and other little dirty dealings he was able to get away with as a businessman.  This is one of the real reasons he doesn't want any investigations into his finances but he should have thought of that before running for President.  He basically opened himself up to all of these investigations which will be funded by the Dems in the house and the State AGs.

I remember before Trump got elected my brother and I talking about whether Trump was ready to go big time.  I highly doubt that he understood that with great power comes bigger enemies and if you have dirt as someone like him has plenty, it will get exposed.  I guess he believed just because the Clinton's were able to do their little dirt he should be ok.  His problem is that the Clinton's have been in politics for decades and know how to swim the waters, he has absolutely no clue and he is an idiot to boot.  If any of his family members are smart, they would start to distance themselves as much as possible or find themselves also facing some serious jail time.

Machiavellian said:
COKTOE said:

I believe the key part is that when Trump leaves office he will have to deal with all the money laundering and other little dirty dealings he was able to get away with as a businessman.  This is one of the real reasons he doesn't want any investigations into his finances but he should have thought of that before running for President.  He basically opened himself up to all of these investigations which will be funded by the Dems in the house and the State AGs.

I remember before Trump got elected my brother and I talking about whether Trump was ready to go big time.  I highly doubt that he understood that with great power comes bigger enemies and if you have dirt as someone like him has plenty, it will get exposed.  I guess he believed just because the Clinton's were able to do their little dirt he should be ok.  His problem is that the Clinton's have been in politics for decades and know how to swim the waters, he has absolutely no clue and he is an idiot to boot.  If any of his family members are smart, they would start to distance themselves as much as possible or find themselves also facing some serious jail time.

Yep. Just what's been uncovered in New York state from the story that broke in early Oct regarding tax fraud is huge. And there's so much more. More we know about. More we will find out about. And that's just confining ourselves to the realm of, as you said, "dirty dealings he was able to get away with as a businessman". 

I am genuinely curious how someone like him gets into office. I don't mean from just any single stance, but all of them put together.

He claims to be a businessman first but he's never really had anything that was successful because of him and has bankrupted multiple companies even after getting 'a small million dollar loan'.

He's an absolute scumbag of a person from the comments he makes about 'shithole countries' to casually boasting about being able to get away with sexual assault due to being rich and famous.

He's horribly unqualified for the position (he's a failed businessman and terrible reality TV show host) who has been very reasonably targeted for outsider tampering and all sorts of corruption to the point he's been firing anyone who might get dirt on him. Oh, and he disrespects every foreign government except putin (have you SEEN the ignorance he shows when on stage with other world leaders?)

He demonstrably lies more often than he tells the truth. Not only that but he goes from one lie or scandal to the next without even addressing the last one. On top of that he's got massively thin skin and the maturity level of a 12-year old Twitch streamer who just got told to go to bed by his mommy.

And people voted him in knowing most or all of this. How dumb do people have to be that they vote trump in 'to own the libtard cucks'? Yes, many people hate trump but we don't hate him because he's a republican we hate him because he's woefully unfit for office and has no place in a position of power. he's actively regressing your nation, walking back progress from the last few years while actively targetting groups all while utilizing fearmongering and faulty rhetoric.

So could someone please tell me why he got voted in despite all this? I don't care how many people he convinced to vote for him, the fact of the matter is that he's unfit and there really needs to be an additional step to democracy. Impeachment is a step in the right direction but it seems Democrats are pretty incapable of enacting it; I mean, Republicans impeached Clinton over an affair despite him getting the US out of a rut and giving them their greatest surplus maybe ever! I hate turning this into a cartoon, but Trump is a supervillain, and republicans need to be stopped. There are more important things in this world than 'merry christmas and guns'. That's why I tend to vote Democrat/Liberal - that party cares about the greater good, not indulging the selfish.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX