By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577

And now the stock market has hit its lowest point since the Great Depression. Thanks, 'Murica.

Watch as he goes from taking all the credit for the strong economy he inherited under Obama to blaming Obama and the Democrats now that his terrible policies are actually having an effect, for the worst.

Giving $2 trillion in tax cuts to the top 1% and corporations destroys the economy? Who knew?

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
COKTOE said:

This guy

He could even put his name and "spin" on the event since that's something he likes. The Trump 21 Gun Salute Ceremony. KRA_KOOOOW!

It's not happening, but hey, Christmas dream.

He's not close enough to earning that. Locking him in prison would be better.

I'm surprised you feel that way. Haven't you called for the deaths of, like, around 8 different people in the last week or so?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Trump wants to withdraw troops from Syria and Afganistan? Good.

Proud to be a Californian.

darkenergy said:

James Mattis resignation letter:

" Dear Mr. President:

I have been privileged to serve as our country's 26th Secretary of Defense which has allowed me to serve alongside our men and women of the Department in defense of our citizens and our ideals.

I am proud of the progress that has been made over the past two years on some of the key goals articulated in our National Defense Strategy: putting the Department on a more sound budgetary footing, improving readiness and lethality in our forces, and reforming the Department's business practices for greater performance. Our troops continue to provide the capabilities needed to prevail in conflict and sustain strong U.S. global influence.

One core belief I have always held is that our strength as a nation is inextricably linked to the strength of our unique and comprehensive system of alliances and partnerships. While the US remains the indispensable nation in the free world, we cannot protect our interests or serve that role effectively without maintaining strong alliances and showing respect to those allies. Like you, I have said from the beginning that the armed forces of the United States should not be the policeman of the world. Instead, we must use all tools of American power to provide for the common defense, including providing effective leadership to our alliances. NATO's 29 democracies demonstrated that strength in their commitment to fighting alongside us following the 9-11 attack on America. The Defeat-ISIS coalition of 74 nations is further proof.

Similarly, I believe we must be resolute and unambiguous in our approach to those countries whose strategic interests are increasingly in tension with ours. It is clear that China and Russia, for example, want to shape a world consistent with their authoritarian model - gaining veto authority over other nations' economic, diplomatic, and security decisions - to promote their own interests at the expense of their neighbors, America and our allies. That is why we must use all the tools of American power to provide for the common defense.
My views on treating allies with respect and also being clear-eyed about both malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion in these issues. We must do everything possible to advance an international order that is most conducive to our security, prosperity and values, and we are strengthened in this effort by the solidarity of our alliances.

Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position. The end date for my tenure is February 28, 2019, a date that should allow sufficient time for a successor to be nominated and confirmed as well as to make sure the Department's interests are properly articulated and protected at upcoming events to include Congressional posture hearings and the NATO Defense Ministerial meeting in February. Further, that a full transition to a new Secretary of Defense occurs well in advance of the transition of Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in September in order to ensure stability Within the Department.

I pledge my full effort to a smooth transition that ensures the needs and interests of the 2.15 million Service Members and 732,079 DoD civilians receive undistracted attention of the Department at all times so that they can fulfill their critical, round-the-clock mission to protect the American people.
I very much appreciate this opportunity to serve the nation and our men and women in uniform. "

Military & Pentagon dont agree its a good idea, to call home forces at this point.
If ISIS rises back up (because its not faught down yet) and then there is another 9/11 attack, you ll know Trump will be to blame for it.

General Clark - "Donald Trump Military Decisions Have 'No Logic'"

When you have military people, and the pentagon come out and say this makes no sense, you know something is wrong.
Trump isnt always right, or makes the best of choices. 
Last edited by JRPGfan - on 22 December 2018

KManX89 said:

And now the stock market has hit its lowest point since the Great Depression. Thanks, 'Murica.

Watch as he goes from taking all the credit for the strong economy he inherited under Obama to blaming Obama and the Democrats now that his terrible policies are actually having an effect, for the worst.

Giving $2 trillion in tax cuts to the top 1% and corporations destroys the economy? Who knew?

Lets be honest if the shutdown is finished the market will goes up again.

Except if it takes for months it hardly will hurt the economy (expecting a loss of a billion dollars a week)  It is more symbolic because it is really unfair that even fireprevention/ firemen will not get paid/finances after them fighting so hard against the wildfires.

Around the Network
darkenergy said:

USA should do what it wants in my opinion but this seems rather a move made for Turkey.  Turkey will go hard against the Kurds while the Kurds were one of the main forces/reasons ISIS lost so much terrain.

While I wouldn't want to be an American at the moment, as I feel electing Trump is a sign of a greater rot that has set in, I don't think that he is fundamentally worse than some of the worst US presidents. He still has plenty of time to screw things up, however, so let's wait until he is done to assess his presidency.

EricHiggin said:
SpokenTruth said:

Call Mueller.  That's probably some violation of finance law and foreign collusion. /s

LOL. If not, at least it'll be another 'valid' reason to try and dig up more dirt on Trump.

No need to "dig up" any dirt on Trump, it's all out in the open lol 

CaptainExplosion said:
konnichiwa said:

USA should do what it wants in my opinion but this seems rather a move made for Turkey.  Turkey will go hard against the Kurds while the Kurds were one of the main forces/reasons ISIS lost so much terrain.

And what makes it worse is that Turkey practically loves Islamic State, so even when it seemed like a good move, Trump blew it. Again.

Love? Nah, but I bet plenty prefer them above Kurds.

Looks like someone snorted the “Trump Bump” - because we’re about to hear a lot of whiney bullshit come out of someone’s mouth to explain why it’s gone.

He bragged about it almost daily on Twitter. Claimed responsibility, said Obama was not doing well enough because the stock market wasn’t going up as quickly as it was under Trump in 2016 to early 2018. Bet you he’s trying to figure out a way right now about how he can still claim to be responsible for all the stock market growth, ignore the constant growth from 2009 to 2016) and blame the collapse occurring now, 2 years later, on Obama and Hillary.

The child Emperor is incapable of giving credit or taking criticism or responsibibily for the negative consequences of his actions; he will take his undeserved credit for anything (such as years of economic improvements, even when all of it began before him, almost all of it 5-8 years before he was in office), and then when things turn south, he completely unloads the responsibility he was taking and whines and bleats like a tantrumy little girl. He is one of the most immature and weak leaders to every be put in charge of a major country.

Now he’s making that stupid wall an issue again, taking tantrums over it. Basically sticking sticking his head in the sand while his truly-beloved Trump bump collapses like it’s 2007/08.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.