By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Stock Value Plummets $3.1 Billion Battlefront II Controversy

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/270444/ea-stock-value-plummets-31-billion-after-star-wars-battlefront-ii-controversy/

This is a victory for gamers. EA got greedier then they already were and now they suffer financially.  

Battlefront is a fantastic game but they way too greedy. 

I decided to buy this game when it's half price instead of at launch. But the mass movement started by gamers worked. 

EA should have made that done player star wars game and they should have left loot boxes out of the online. Maybe next time they'll learn.

Around the Network

I'm so happy for this! they deserved as much.

This is how you get their attention. Can campaign and complain all day, but when it hits their pocket books and upsets shareholders they adjust.

I don’t know if it means much though. It’s just the stock price fluctuating.

Ha! HAHAHAHAHA!! Ah-ha-ha! ha....ooooh....ohhhh. Ahem. Magic

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

I can't wait for the day they go bankrupt.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Now. Let's see a proper Dead Space 4 that caters to the fans and NOT the masses.

KungKras said:

Why hope for that? That means people losing jobs etc;

I wonder if people understands that when stock prices go down like this, its actually real people, like you and me, who put our money in investment funds or banks who then invest in those companies. Its not good that a public company suffers or goes bankrupt. There are thousands jobs involved.

Anyway I still think the game will selll ike hotcakes and the stocks are going to increase again.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
KungKras said:

Why hope for that? That means people losing jobs etc;

It means less competition in game publishing, less money for development, etc.  I hope for EA to learn from their mistakes, and contribute positively to gaming's future.