By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Stock Value Plummets $3.1 Billion Battlefront II Controversy

Around the Network

They have to feel in the wallet. Congrats on everyone that made this possible. ahahah

I'm reading that article - it's a load of nonsense essentially. Since Battlefront release, the stock value fell $1.07B. It fell $1.58B from Oct 31 to Nov 1st. The majority of the drop in November happened well before the Battlefront 2 debacle.

In other words, settle down, people.

CaptainExplosion said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Why hope for that? That means people losing jobs etc;

But then those people can get picked up by better, much less smiley developers.

Actually..is losing jobs at the many times elected „worst company of the United States“ really such a bad thing?! Should such a company even exist?! (Still voting for Monsanto being actually much worse though)

Errorist76 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

But then those people can get picked up by better, much less smiley developers.

Actually..is losing jobs at the many times elected „worst company of the United States“ really such a bad thing?! Should such a company even exist?! (Still voting for Monsanto being actually much worse though)

Is it really the worst company in any given year? The reality is that the market dictates that - based on EA's profits, I don't think the market is saying that their products are unwanted.

But yes, losing your source of income is bad. Especially one that has an 81% on Glassdoor.

Last edited by Lawlight - on 29 November 2017

Around the Network

Excellent.

RolStoppable said:
I don't think this is a victory for gamers. That's too small of a drop over the course of a month. There are too many PS4 and XB1 owners who will put up with Battlefront 2, so in the end this will be all moot.

I would agree that it doesn't mean too much long-term, but I would argue it still has an impact outside of the income statement. 

For a few months, analyst were trumpeting that Games as a Service was the future and that all the fans loved it. In their minds, it was only a small group of fridge players who didn't speak for everyone. Now, we are seeing a real effect. The game was down 61% in box sales and its been shown that the game is just sitting on store shelves. There is now more regulatory pressure (which analyst seems to be decrying). There is also the fact that EA has had an awful new cycle which doesn't help their business.

I don't think this ends lootboxes, but it shows there is a risk to them that everyone has been ignoring. 

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

I just think loot boxes make the game less fun. Fun is the most important part of video games.

Kerotan said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/270444/ea-stock-value-plummets-31-billion-after-star-wars-battlefront-ii-controversy/

This is a victory for gamers. EA got greedier then they already were and now they suffer financially.  

Battlefront is a fantastic game but they way too greedy. 

I decided to buy this game when it's half price instead of at launch. But the mass movement started by gamers worked. 

EA should have made that done player star wars game and they should have left loot boxes out of the online. Maybe next time they'll learn.

EA won’t learn a thing they are just EA a greedy company anticonsumer to the graveyard with em. Who must really learn is you, the consumers. If you people have an issues about gambling in videogames you should adress the problem ,don’t overlook it and recognize it as it is.

Gamer147 said:
I just think loot boxes make the game less fun. Fun is the most important part of video games.

Shut up.I dont think you even real probably just a stupid bot.