By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Stock Value Plummets $3.1 Billion Battlefront II Controversy

spurgeonryan said:
Seems like everyone knows. Could not sell the Battlefield bundle hardly at all this week.

So that's Disney + Sony pissed with them. EA burning bridges fast.

Lawlight said:
CaptainExplosion said:

This is interesting because Nintendo lost $2.42B in stock value over the last 2 days. As I said, as much as we want lootboxes to die, it doesn’t mean much.

And if just said it was a risky investment at their current value lol

Around the Network

Excellent.

I think far more important than slightly lower sales than the first Battlefront and a temporary drop in stock price is the implications of Disney apparently dictating to EA that they had to drop micro-transactions.

The idea that for a licensed property IP owners might truly put their foot down no matter the consequences to the publisher if they risk brand-damage could be quite powerful.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

This seems to be a good thing in the short term. But there are two things this will definitely lead to.

1. Companies taking even less risks, which will ultimately result in either fewer or worse games.
2. Predatory methods will become more subtle, making them even more sinister and effective.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Sounds like a good time to buy soon. We all know they will microtransaction everyone to hell and back.

Around the Network

Good, only way companies really listen is through money.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Why the celebration? This means nothing in the grand scheme.
At the of day you'll all be swallowing this. Because EA will be successful with another shitty practice as always.

We reap what we sow