By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the furthest lengths you've gone to play one game?

Tagged games:

Lawlight said:
VGPolyglot said:
Well, I talked about this before, but I gave one of my friends a blowjob to play Smackdown vs. Raw.

Out of curiosity, are you gay? Because, if not, might as well close topic now because no other reply will top it.

No, I'm not gay.

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:
Zekkyou said:
I'd had my appendix out a week or so earlier, and was slowly hobbling through Tesco with my mum when the store speakers announced that they had some Wiis in stock. This was back in late 2017 when the Wii had some pretty ridiculous stock issues, and Super Mario Galaxy had just released. My mum knew i'd been really excited for SMG, and had been trying to find me a Wii for Christmas. We proceeded to ditch the trolly and enter maximum hobble speed, and got there in time to pick one up.

The Wii ended up being one of my least favourite home consoles, but i have no regrets. It's a great memory, and SMG was totally worth it

Do you live in an alternative reality?

Same shit, different decade :p

(Thanks, I've edited it). 

Probably to pay about $150 a month in phone costs for dial-up internet to play Everquest back in '99

I bought a phillips CDi for 200, and all three CDi Zelda games for 600...so 800 bucks...

What can I say, canon or no, they exist and I had to play them all and have them in my collection...

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I played the translated Mother 3 many years ago.

went through the trouble of patching the japanese rom and playing it on my computer, but the emulator couldnt keep a good frame rate up.

so I got Generation 1 PSP, borrowed a friends battery and memory card for homebrew, and bam I was able to continue my Mother 3 game on a PSP.

It was worth the trouble!

Around the Network

theres this one old PC game called UB Funkeys that was one of my favorite games as a kid. but then at some point in 2011 Windows stopped supporting the drivers for the peripheral you needed to play it, so the game was rendered unplayable. anyways, on and off again for the next six years i shuffled through Windows settings, worked on 3 PCs, and tried using multiple modded torrents of the game files just to try to get the game to work again. i ended up having to set up a virtual machine to run an older version of Windows to get the game to work again.

so yeah, long story short i spent 6 years of my life trying to get a game to work.

I bought a japanese PS2 to play KH Final Mix, Re: Chain of Memories and KHII Final Mix.

I upgraded quite a lot my PC to play Doom 2016, but to be fair, my computer was in dire need of a revamp for a long time. I'm also trying to get a VirtualBox to play some old PC games that don't seem to work with the regular settings.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Ka-pi96 said:
d21lewis said:

-My brother and I used to rent NES games and switch the stickers so we could keep the games. We would swap a shitty game for a great game!

Were you able to keep renting from that store? Or were they like "hey it's the dicks that changed game labels!" when you went in there next and chased you out?

Never got caught. Kept renting from there until it went out of business. I remember my cousin saying he rented something like Double Dragon 3 and when he put the cartridge in, it was Kings of the Beach Volleyball or whatever. My brother and I just laughed at our handiwork.

We stopped in the SNES era, though.

Bought a DS Lite back in the days (even if I had an original DS that I sold to buy more PSP games) just to play NSMB. Bought a couple of extra titles that releaed beforehand and sold it a couple of months later.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!