By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the furthest lengths you've gone to play one game?

Tagged games:

How far have you gone to play just one game? Have you ever bought a console just to play one game? Have you ever gone to another country just to track down a rare game? Have you ever fished out an old console and fixed parts just for one game you never finished?

I recently bought Metal Gear Solid the Twin Snakes for Gamecube online at Game stop. It came out to $44 with tax and shipping. I have seen it sell for over $100 so I think it's a decent price. I have to fish out my backwards compatible Wii to play it. I lost my Gamecube memory card and apparently my controller as well so I have to buy those too. All to play one game.

How about you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Well, I talked about this before, but I gave one of my friends a blowjob to play Smackdown vs. Raw.

VGPolyglot said:
Well, I talked about this before, but I gave one of my friends a blowjob to play Smackdown vs. Raw.

Yes, and I remember it completely derailed that thread. Please spare me that fate. I don't make threads that often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yes, and I remember it completely derailed that thread. Please spare me that fate. I don't make threads that often.

But it's on-topic

Literally was about to come in here just to say don't ask VGPolygot, but well ... he beat me to it

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Literally was about to come in here just to say don't ask VGPolygot, but well ... he beat me to it

We just need someone to go even further than him then! Got any ideas?

Wouldn't that be funny if VG's friend had a VGChartz account? Ahhhh ... the hilarity, the awkwardness. We could make it into a family comedy!

Anyways, I got nothing What about you Ka-pi? You seem like the sick type!

I bought a PSTV solely to play Persona 4 Golden, I'd say it was a worthwhile investment.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I don't think I've gone very far just to play certain games. There were times I bought a console for one game, but I feel there's usually enough games in a console's library to warrant the purchase. Though, I would buy a PS4 if a proper sequel to Akiba's Trip was made. Akiba's Beat doesn't count, and is a disappointing reminder of that.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I bought a laptop to play Civilization II. It was worth it. That game was amazing when it didn't crash.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

VGPolyglot said:

Out of curiosity, are you gay? Because, if not, might as well close topic now because no other reply will top it.