By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top Selling Black Friday Deals - GameStop

DonFerrari said:
quickrick said:

will you guys stop talking about stock, its available at best buy and gamestop, along with walmart online.  black friday is finished and consoles are still available to buy online. also that target article is BS.

No, we can't stop putting every single good news about Switch above the rest.

LivingMetal said:
Wait a minute. What happened to all that Xbox One X selling so well?

Well, it isn't name PS4 or Switch, so it didn't done as good in BF.

FIT_Gamer said:
Not surprised by the PS4, but surprised the Pro was the best selling online.

It's a solid system, and first official deal (PS4 at 350 done quite good at the time as well) but surely the ranking is crazy.

carlos3189 said:

That's actually true... Haha! But it does say it's one of the most popular items (don't mention PS4 or Xbox One X).

There is no need to mention consoles that have been doing good every single BF. And perhaps they just wanted to focus on the new guy (although forgeting X1X released this month isn't good)

AlfredoTurkey said:

The concept here is both base systems are available. You can't compare a special Black Friday deal to a base console. That's oranges to apples. 

The concept here is that we're talking about BF. So the fact that you can find Switch at the BF price in several stores (perhaps not all colors/bundles at every single store) so its sales wasn't impacted by stock, but you can't find PS4 199 "at all" so it certainly affected sales.

UltimateGamer1982 said:

PS4 currently leads Xbox WW by approximately 35-36mil consoles. Microsoft isn’t making that up no matter what they do. They are very close in America however and remain very competitive. But WW, this gen was “long gone” a long time ago. 

Last December npd Sony barely won with a figure of 1.56 mil Vs XB’s 1.51mil. Thanks to the Pro. If not for pro, Xbox would have won last December. Xbox could very well win this month thanks to X and $189 S. There’s just no way to know yet. All three performed exceptionally well this Black Friday. 

This year on USA PS4 have been doing much better than X1. But sure Nov and Dec NPD MS could give us a surprise. But so far from what we have, November won't be the month for it.

OTBWY said:
http://www.businessinsider.com/nintendo-switch-popular-on-black-friday-2017-11?IR=T

Just gonna leave this here.

Was already left on the first page.

Are you kidding me? Why would Target not mention anything about PS4 or any product when it's selling so well? That's straight up the worse excuse...

PR talking or not, Switch has made such buzz for them to put them on the list of hottest items when PS4 isn't (and again, if it's selling the way people is claiming it is, there's no way Target wouldn't mention it on the list).

Around the Network

I stood and watched as a group of Galactus’s (Galacti?) consume a PS4 section of a Walmart roughly 40 consoles gone in 60 seconds. The Christmas n00bage will be strong this year. Excellent!

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

carlos3189 said:

Are you kidding me? Why would Target not mention anything about PS4 or any product when it's selling so well? That's straight up the worse excuse...

PR talking or not, Switch has made such buzz for them to put them on the list of hottest items when PS4 isn't (and again, if it's selling the way people is claiming it is, there's no way Target wouldn't mention it on the list).

You see the world isn't as straight forward as that....

Imagine for a moment, you as a store own get a better return on a Switch than you do a discounted PS4, or you earn more money from accessories of said console.... another store has a better deal than you for the PS4... would you:

1. Promote your store as having worse deals than the competitors on a product that you'll not make a lot on.

2. Promote a product that isn't heavily discounted and you'll earn more money on and has more expensive games and accessories as its new.

Tell me from a business perspective why you would at this point promote 1. It's all Bs.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Liking the back and forth from Sony and Nintendo.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Madword said:
carlos3189 said:

Imagine for a moment, you as a store own get a better return on a Switch than you do a discounted PS4, or you earn more money from accessories of said console.... another store has a better deal than you for the PS4... would you:

1. Promote your store as having worse deals than the competitors on a product that you'll not make a lot on.

2. Promote a product that isn't heavily discounted and you'll earn more money on and has more expensive games and accessories as its new.

Tell me from a business perspective why you would at this point promote 1. It's all Bs.

That's actually a very good question.

If the PS4 was selling out the way people seem to make it look, I would definitely mention it and would let people know that once the discounted ones are out, they can come to my store and get one maybe with a $25 gift card or some small add on, that's a no brainer.

If the PS4 wasn't selling as people make it look, I wouldn't mention it because there's no point on making my store just seem as the most expensive option when they can go and get it somewhere else in a better price.

What would you do?

Around the Network
carlos3189 said:
Madword said:

If the PS4 was selling out the way people seem to make it look, I would definitely mention it and would let people know that once the discounted ones are out, they can come to my store and get one maybe with a $25 gift card or some small add on, that's a no brainer.

If the PS4 wasn't selling as people make it look, I wouldn't mention it because there's no point on making my store just seem as the most expensive option when they can go and get it somewhere else in a better price.

What would you do?

So what you've done is ignore everything I've said and make up some story to back your console of choice, good job.

You really think the PS4 at $199 sold worse than PSVR at $299 (or whatever price it was)... sorry but I think you've lost a few marbles.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

ThisGuyFooks said:

Bu-but Nintendo Switch Supply issue!!11!!!

Pictures from Yesterday (Black Friday)

I have to say I'm surprised by this 

COKTOE said:
LivingMetal said:
Wait a minute. What happened to all that Xbox One X selling so well?

It was all a dream. Then we woke up and ate some more pizza.

Yep. Even cold pizza is good in the morning.

Madword said:
carlos3189 said:

What would you do?

So what you've done is ignore everything I've said and make up some story to back your console of choice, good job.

You really think the PS4 at $199 sold worse than PSVR at $299 (or whatever price it was)... sorry but I think you've lost a few marbles.

On the official list there's no PSVR either, the do mention Xbox One tho...

No marbles lost at all, just pointing out a list I didn't make and that doesn't have the system of your preference (Then again, they did have the $199 PS4 deal and didn't mention it).

carlos3189 said:
Madword said:

On the official list there's no PSVR either, the do mention Xbox One tho...

No marbles lost at all, just pointing out a list I didn't make and that doesn't have the system of your preference (Then again, they did have the $199 PS4 deal and didn't mention it).

We need to stop stressing about the Target PR, fortunately for us an insider on resetera said don't read to much into the target PR.