By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Largest mass shooting in Egyptian history takes place - 184+ dead and 120+ injured

Flilix said:
JRPGfan said:

Time for muslims to change then, and take their faith less serious.

Part of the blame has to be the koran then, and all that crap about sharialaw, which has no place in a modern world.

These people fighting for it, are just murders, not holy warriors or whatever they believe.

True. The Bible constantly talks about peace an love, which makes it a little less dangerous than the Koran (even though the Bible can just as easily be misused).

Muhammed was a warrior and an emperor, while Jesus was just a hippie.

The Bible is extremely violent as well.

The reason why Christianity itself isn't as violent is due to the reformations which took place. Had Islam experienced said reformation and Christianity didn't, then I would anticipate Islam being in Christianity's role today

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:
Flilix said:

True. The Bible constantly talks about peace an love, which makes it a little less dangerous than the Koran (even though the Bible can just as easily be misused).

The reason why Christianity itself isn't as violent is due to the reformations which took place. Had Islam experienced said reformation and Christianity didn't, then I would anticipate Islam being in Christianity's role today

Exactly this. The Protestant Reformation and the Renaissance greatly challenged the orthodox principles of Christianity (namely the Catholic Church) back then. And those events occurred about 500 years ago.

Holy shit, that's like all terrorists attacks of Europe combined

Edit: Is more than 230 deaths, holy fucking shit

Flilix said:
JRPGfan said:

Time for muslims to change then, and take their faith less serious.

Part of the blame has to be the koran then, and all that crap about sharialaw, which has no place in a modern world.

These people fighting for it, are just murders, not holy warriors or whatever they believe.

Bullshit, Cristianism has been just as shitty as Islam, the Bible was an extremelly toxic book at first.

monocle_layton said:
Flilix said:

Sometimes, yes. That's why I said 'a little less'. The Bible often contradicts itself, since it's just a bunch of stories bundeled together. And like I said, it can just as easily be misused.

Around the Network
Flilix said:
monocle_layton said:

Sometimes, yes. That's why I said 'a little less'. The Bible often contradicts itself, since it's just a bunch of stories bundeled together. And like I said, it can just as easily be misused.

It still ignores my second part.

Had Islam experienced a revolution as significant as Christianity's reformation, we would have never seen today's issues exist. 

Heck, we may have been in a better situation had the Golden Ages of Islam been left in tack. The Mongolian invasion changed the course of history as we know it. 

If the Middle East stayed as a place of knowledge and enlightment, then we could have easily been much more advanced as well.

Is it already known who's behind the attack?

Terrible to see my people fighting like this.

monocle_layton said:
Flilix said:

Had Islam experienced a revolution as significant as Christianity's reformation, we would have never seen today's issues exist. 

Heck, we may have been in a better situation had the Golden Ages of Islam been left in tack. The Mongolian invasion changed the course of history as we know it. 

If the Middle East stayed as a place of knowledge and enlightment, then we could have easily been much more advanced as well.

If you mean by 'revolution' the fact that religion got less important, and that society in general got better, then I agree.

If you're referring to the protestant revolution, then I must disagree. The only violence that the church had comitted in the late middle ages were the inquisition and witch burnings - but protestants started doing both of these as well.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Terrible to see my people fighting like this.

Oh, you're Egyptian?

Flilix said:
monocle_layton said:

If you mean by 'revolution' the fact that religion got less important, and that society in general got better, then I agree.

If you're referring to the protestant revolution, then I must disagree. The only violence that the church had comitted in the late middle ages were the inquisition and witch burnings - but protestants started doing both of these as well.

The reformation prioritized improvement in society as you said. I think pushing for changes in the middle east is impossible as this point, meaning we'll be stuck with this for quite some time. Only hope is to accept the Muslims in western nations and hope the younger generation continues the trend of being less conservative/traditional

As for your previous post, the attacker was a Sunni militant. This attack was against Muslims, but by Muslims. Shows how despicable some people can be