By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Reviews - (83) Metacritic (83) Opencritic

osed125 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

"A Shonen Story" - 4/10

Well, this is valid reason honestly.

Not all Shonen stories are bad though. Hunter x Hunter and My Hero Academia are great despite being Shonen. 

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
osed125 said:

Well, this is valid reason honestly.

Not all Shonen stories are bad though. Hunter x Hunter and My Hero Academia are great despite being Shonen. 

I said that mostly as joke; I don't watch a ton of anime or read a lot of manga but I personally never seen a truly great shonen series, I'm more of a seinen guy.

In any case, I'm going into the game with low expectations on the story side, better that way if it ends up surprising me.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Yep....looks like I am going to need to get that SD card. LOL

90 plus or no buy...

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

My prediction is an 86.

Let's hope for the best.

Around the Network

I predict 88. My prediction uses scientific methods. So I should be close

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

HyrulianScrolls said:
Considering Persona 4 and 5 and XC1 are about the only JRPGs to get higher than an 85 this decade, I'm hesitant to predict much higher than that. But I do think it will be better received than XCX, so maybe an 86.

Dragon Quest. 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

spurgeonryan said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Very minor SPOILER ALERT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOHANf9Og7w

And you guys doubt this game's greatness?

Nice,  an avatar from this Clip. 

Someone noticed!

Based on the content I've seen, I'm expecting it to be between XBX and XBC1, both it terms of Metacritic value and my own personal preference. Though to be fair, there's much a bigger range with the latter.

For a specific number...I'm going to guess 88. I think it's gonna be a very high quality game hampered by some typical RPG tedium. That, and the default voice option will be English for most people, which seems to be pretty unimpressive.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

It will start off high then drop low when backlash falls upon it. I am guessing it will end up in the mid 80s to uppers 70s range, mainly because a lot of people seem to hate the anime vibe despite EVERY game Monolith Soft has done besides the Japan only Wii release Disaster: Day of Crisis having a strong if not outright blatant Anime/manga vibe.