By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Reviews - (83) Metacritic (83) Opencritic

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Volterra_90 said:

Yeah, it's one of my favourite videogame genres, but I really understand that some people might find hard to get into them. I agree that they usually tend to start slow, but they're normally pretty long games so I don't find the pace tiresome at all. That's a generalization though, there're a lot of JRPGs which I found tedious and bland. I wouldn't say that Xenoblade games are the most accessible for people who normally dislike this genre, but they're pretty different from the standard JRPG. Have you tried the first Xeno game? I guess that this one will be similar to the first one in the franchise.

XenoGears? Nah, I don't have a PS One unfortunately

Nah, I meant Xenoblade games. I like Xenogears, but it's honestly pretty different to the Xenoblade games in terms of scale and gameplay.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:

XenoGears? Nah, I don't have a PS One unfortunately

Nah, I meant Xenoblade games. I like Xenogears, but it's honestly pretty different to the Xenoblade games in terms of scale and gameplay.

Yep. I have the New 3DS and Wii versions. I only got as far as the caves after you know who dies 

The combat is very weird.

Tagging

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I've already predicted a 91 for this game, but I'm starting to get nervous about troll reviews coming out. I can see them now...

"Not as big as X" - 6/10

"No American voice acting" - 6/10

"Anime Graphics" - 5/10

"A Shonen Story" - 4/10

"We're Slant and we hate everything" - 5/10

I've tried getting into JRPGS and had a hard time doing so, even though I have a decent amount of them on my shelfs. They seem to be really long and have terrible beginnings. The only one I really liked was FF7 but I never finished it because of the stupid Keyboard controls   I'm not including games like Fire Emblem or Etrian though, those are great.

I'll still probably get XC2 though, I wonder if it will be the first JRPG I ever get through

Try Chrono Trigger. The combat is fast paced, and the game only lasts about 20 hours to completion. 

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
I've already predicted a 91 for this game, but I'm starting to get nervous about troll reviews coming out. I can see them now...

"Not as big as X" - 6/10

"No American voice acting" - 6/10

"Anime Graphics" - 5/10

"A Shonen Story" - 4/10

"We're Slant and we hate everything" - 5/10

Very accurate depiction.

Cerebralbore101 said:

"A Shonen Story" - 4/10

Well, this is valid reason honestly.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Considering Persona 4 and 5 and XC1 are about the only JRPGs to get higher than an 85 this decade, I'm hesitant to predict much higher than that. But I do think it will be better received than XCX, so maybe an 86.

My prediction is 91. This will be easily an 85+ JRPG

87-88