By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon games have shipped over 300 million copies worldwide

The Pokemon Company announced that the total shipments of the Pokemon games have surpassed 300 million units worldwide. The latest games, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, gave the franchise another boost when they launched on 3DS last week.

Today’s figure includes 76 Pokemon-related games from February 1996 all the way up until November 2017. Sales from downloads are included.

http://nintendoeverything.com/pokemon-games-have-shipped-over-300-million-copies-worldwide/

Around the Network

Hmmm. Is this including mobile downloads? I saw a Sonic ad that said the series sold 350 million, but when I looked it up it said 150 million sales and "200 million mobile downloads"

In all seriousness, I'll just assume it's sold-through. That's amazing! I really hope the Pokemon games can get even better so that they can get more sales.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Hmmm. Is this including mobile downloads? I saw a Sonic ad that said the series sold 350 million, but when I looked it up it said 150 million sales and "200 million mobile downloads"

In all seriousness, I'll just assume it's sold-through. That's amazing! I really hope the Pokemon games can get even better so that they can get more sales.

Pokemon Go has done more than 700 million, so no.

Great performance

It's amazing how Mario and Pokemon have been able to ship that many units over the course of their respective franchise's history. Shows how much endearing they are as game franchises to millions and millions of people. Probably the next up is GTA. Not sure about CoD. Here's to millions more.

Around the Network
caffeinade said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Pokemon games have sold over 1 billion copies confirmed?

ironmanDX said:
caffeinade said:

Sure.

ironmanDX said:
caffeinade said:

"Sold" is a difficult term for a free download.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Kai_Mao said:
It's amazing how Mario and Pokemon have been able to ship that many units over the course of their respective franchise's history. Shows how much endearing they are as game franchises to millions and millions of people. Probably the next up is GTA. Not sure about CoD. Here's to millions more.

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises GTA and CoD are both at 250 million. 

XD84 said:
Kai_Mao said:

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises GTA and CoD are both at 250 million. 

Its Wiki, but I get where you are coming from. CoD might make in a few more years or so then. Though it would depend on how burned out consumers are with CoD over time. GTA might make it once GTA VI makes it out of PS4/Xbone.