By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 sold like there was no tomorrow at my Best Buy

Intrinsic said:
Miyamotoo said:

I dont think its about if Sony underestimated demand, but about how many consoles they want to sell at $199 price point. Beacuse hardly $199 will be new ofical PS4 1TB price point going from $300-350.

i spent most of a thread arguing with you over these kinda things. 

do you really think it cost sony $300-$350 to make a 1TB PS4slim?

4yrs ago the $400 500GB 28nm based PS4 was profitable out the gate. costing Sony around $380 to make each one. in all that time there has been cost reductions in everything. Everything. it doesn't cost sony up to $200 making a PS4 slim right now. and probably hasn't since like March of this year. 

And the HDD, the funny thing about that is that it would cost sony more now putting in a 500GB HDD than it would cost them to put in a 1TB HDD. Economies of scale. 

Just get this, this is a stock issue. there are simply only so many consoles anyone can make. You can't just push a button and spit out 5M consoles in one month. so drop that notion of how many they want to sell at that price. do you have any idea how !uch money Sony instantly makes from the sale of every single console? you aren't just looking at the console. look at the extra controller. games. psN subscription. trust me, it's in every console manufacturers interests to sell as many consoles as possible. 

and now the way things are going it's suggesting that Nintendo isn't even able to provide a similar amount of stock like sony is sending out. even if it's also selling out of all it's provided stock. 

I said it to you before. it doesn't matter how much you can sell if you don't have the stock to show for it. 

I really don't understand what exactly is your point when you replied to me!?

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 24 November 2017

Around the Network

PS4 and Switch doing great business but what about the poor old Xbox One. How are they selling?

Normchacho said:
I work at a Target that's super busy on Black Friday (#1 on the North East last night) and we thought Sony was crazy sending us 300 PS4s...they were gone in less than 6 hours.

For those asking about Switches, we got 170 and we currently have about half of them left.

Always fun to have first hand info :)

You guys ring them up and say "hey send us more"?

bonzobanana said:

PS4 and Switch doing great business but what about the poor old Xbox One. How are they selling?

Poor Maybe?

JRPGfan said:
Normchacho said:
I work at a Target that's super busy on Black Friday (#1 on the North East last night) and we thought Sony was crazy sending us 300 PS4s...they were gone in less than 6 hours.

For those asking about Switches, we got 170 and we currently have about half of them left.

Always fun to have first hand info :)

You guys ring them up and say "hey send us more"?

Nnnnooooo. We just get what the distribution center sends us.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:

It shit. 300 ps4 sold vs about 80 switch. Nothing can compete with a 200$ ps4.

Playstation_awaiter said:
Sounds like PS4 was a monster this week. It’s definitely between PS4 or switch in terms of who has the most stock.

Ps4 is a monster every week. It's now a kraken. 

Miyamotoo said:
Intrinsic said:

i spent most of a thread arguing with you over these kinda things. 

do you really think it cost sony $300-$350 to make a 1TB PS4slim?

4yrs ago the $400 500GB 28nm based PS4 was profitable out the gate. costing Sony around $380 to make each one. in all that time there has been cost reductions in everything. Everything. it doesn't cost sony up to $200 making a PS4 slim right now. and probably hasn't since like March of this year. 

And the HDD, the funny thing about that is that it would cost sony more now putting in a 500GB HDD than it would cost them to put in a 1TB HDD. Economies of scale. 

Just get this, this is a stock issue. there are simply only so many consoles anyone can make. You can't just push a button and spit out 5M consoles in one month. so drop that notion of how many they want to sell at that price. do you have any idea how !uch money Sony instantly makes from the sale of every single console? you aren't just looking at the console. look at the extra controller. games. psN subscription. trust me, it's in every console manufacturers interests to sell as many consoles as possible. 

and now the way things are going it's suggesting that Nintendo isn't even able to provide a similar amount of stock like sony is sending out. even if it's also selling out of all it's provided stock. 

I said it to you before. it doesn't matter how much you can sell if you don't have the stock to show for it. 

I really don't understand what exactly is your point when you replied to me!?

He just made a very clear and valid point and the best you could do was play dumb and pretend you don't know what's going on. Think it's time to move on. 

You've been non stop posting regarding thevps4 this Friday.  It's selling like hotcakes. Get over it and stop downplaying.

Wait until $149 PS4

Total mayhem

Do not underestimate the potential of a $199 PS4

Turkish said:
Wait until $149 PS4

Total mayhem

Not really.  By then 4k TVs will be more common and the market for a sub pro version will be milked and not in demand as the pro will probably be $249 at the same time.