Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 sold like there was no tomorrow at my Best Buy

DialgaMarine said:
If Amazon is any indicator, $199 PS4 is a sales beast everywhere. PS4 wins Black Friday confirmed?

We'll find out when the NPD data comes in!

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

How wall of text have something with my post with two lines!?  Points he made don't have anything with what I wrote. And no, PS4 is not sold out, you have on every online retailer available PS4 console, only difference is that $199 Black Friday price isn't available anymore, and $199 is not new official PS4 1TB price, its just Black Friday deal.

The PS4 is sold out at many locations, but not everywhere.

The $199 is the official Black Friday week price from Sony.  It is still available for today, and at least 3 more days after today.  Not sure why you are saying it isn't available anymore???

jlauro said:
Miyamotoo said:

How wall of text have something with my post with two lines!?  Points he made don't have anything with what I wrote. And no, PS4 is not sold out, you have on every online retailer available PS4 console, only difference is that $199 Black Friday price isn't available anymore, and $199 is not new official PS4 1TB price, its just Black Friday deal.

The $199 is the official Black Friday week price from Sony.  It is still available for today, and at least 3 more days after today.  Not sure why you are saying it isn't available anymore???

It's practically unavailable at $199. You can grab it at other prices, though:

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/

Insidb said:
jlauro said:

I think people have been saying that they are saving stock for instore promotions rather than online, so it might be out of stock online?

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
Insidb said:

I think people have been saying that they are saving stock for instore promotions rather than online, so it might be out of stock online?

It's out of stock online at Amazon, Walmart, Bestbuy, and Gamestop, but you can still pick it up in select stores.

We shouldn't be surprised; it was a 33% pricecut.

Around the Network
Insidb said:
Madword said:

It's out of stock online at Amazon, Walmart, Bestbuy, and Gamestop, but you can still pick it up in select stores.

When was the current model released? revision coming?

I think they've filled the market with so much I would doubt running out of stock is going to damage them too much. If they want to, sure they'll get more stock in by the weekend.

Madword said:
Insidb said:

I think they've filled the market with so much I would doubt running out of stock is going to damage them too much. If they want to, sure they'll get more stock in by the weekend.

The Battlefront II bundles (PS4 and PS4P) are still available, but for much more.

All base models are sold out on Amazon, so the stores might follow suit.

Insidb said:
Madword said:

The Battlefront II bundles (PS4 and PS4P) are still available, but for much more.

But Black Friday is all about going shopping in store anyway, and stores *want* you to go in store its common retail practice. Because you might end up buying more (its all about upselling). So online being sold out to me means what they want it to mean, which is, they want you to go in store.

I don't have concerns about Sony's stock levels at all, also someone wanting to buy a PS4 will not just go buy another console instead, yeah sure they'll be a few but we're talking low numbers here.

Madword said:
Insidb said:

But Black Friday is all about going shopping in store anyway, and stores *want* you to go in store its common retail practice. Because you might end up buying more (its all about upselling). So online being sold out to me means what they want it to mean, which is, they want you to go in store.

I don't have concerns about Sony's stock levels at all, also someone wanting to buy a PS4 will not just go buy another console instead, yeah sure they'll be a few but we're talking low numbers here.

It's also being reported that 60% of BF sales have been online, so I think we can extrapolate the online trends into B&M outlets.

In that case, the sites are screaming, "PS4."

Because every Gamer need the PlayStation 4 for 2018 and the future, that is sure! So many amazing Games

The Last of Us 2, so beautiful <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dowuwdxzblM