By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 sold like there was no tomorrow at my Best Buy

PS4 steam rolling the competition! Its looking like Sony will beat Nintendo for the holidays. Also looks like the Xbox One X is an afterthought.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

You just can't let it go. Double facepalm.

I can't, you're really hilarious. Sry, but I need to do this one more time and than I will stop:

Kerotan said:
They probably only want to sell a certain amount at that price point

:D

Actually, what he’s saying isn’t crazy. An insider on resetera said exactly that—that Sony likely had a set/limited amount of consoles they were willing to sell at the $199 price point, and that’s why they didn’t ship more. 

Normchacho said:
pitzy272 said:

That’s insane. Wondering the same things I asked fattydingdong.

Can you compare these PS4 numbers to:

1. How many ps4s your Target received AND sold through in the same time frame for Black Friday 2016 (or rather, the Thursday prior)?

2. The stock quantity and sell through for XBO yesterday at your Target? 

1. I don't remember the exact numbers from last year. But we had less than 200 PS4s last year and we didn't sell out of them as of the end of business Friday.

2. We had 70 of the $189 Xbox Ones and then another 40 or so various bundles and such. We sold about 90 in total with all of the $189 bundles going last night and the rest were various bundles.

Like I said, we have no idea why the PS4 is selling so well. It's been on sale since Sunday and we sold at least 80 of them between Sunday and Wednesday.

So you had about 220 going into Thursday then, since you sold 80 Sun-Wed? Or did Sony ship you 300 JUST for Thursday and Friday? Think I overheard someone at Best Buy talk about actual “Black Friday crates” that are shipped and are reserved for Thur-Fri.

Intrinsic said:
DonFerrari said:

Well, how can you argue that Sony can spit 5M console out of thin air when you believe that Nintendo should have 5M in stock plus shipping channels at the end of FY18?

Errrr..... what?

I don't think you read my post properly. I'm not saying Sony (or anyone for that matter) can spit out 5M consoles in one month. 

Errrr that was Miyamoto in another thread =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

I can't, you're really hilarious. Sry, but I need to do this one more time and than I will stop:

Kerotan said:

Considering they put only a specific model at discount for BF, what is preposterous about thinking they only planned to sell a specific amount of that model?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
pitzy272 said:
Normchacho said:

1. I don't remember the exact numbers from last year. But we had less than 200 PS4s last year and we didn't sell out of them as of the end of business Friday.

2. We had 70 of the $189 Xbox Ones and then another 40 or so various bundles and such. We sold about 90 in total with all of the $189 bundles going last night and the rest were various bundles.

Like I said, we have no idea why the PS4 is selling so well. It's been on sale since Sunday and we sold at least 80 of them between Sunday and Wednesday.

So you had about 220 going into Thursday then, since you sold 80 Sun-Wed? Or did Sony ship you 300 JUST for Thursday and Friday? Think I overheard someone at Best Buy talk about actual “Black Friday crates” that are shipped and are reserved for Thur-Fri.

We had 300 just for Thursday and Friday. There are no official "black Friday crates" bit I'm sure plenty of stores held stock.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

Kerotan said:

Great to see you're finally letting it go.

Normchacho said:
I work at a Target that's super busy on Black Friday (#1 on the North East last night) and we thought Sony was crazy sending us 300 PS4s...they were gone in less than 6 hours.

For those asking about Switches, we got 170 and we currently have about half of them left.

Looks like stock isn't as much of an issue for the Switch.

Normchacho said:
pitzy272 said:

We had 300 just for Thursday and Friday. There are no official "black Friday crates" bit I'm sure plenty of stores held stock.

Haha idk what the hell I heard then. 

Thanks for the info, man! Man, 300 sold compared to around 90. That’s impressive. Wonder how much ground XBO can gain back tho due to ps4’s major shortages. 

Lawlight said:
Normchacho said:
I work at a Target that's super busy on Black Friday (#1 on the North East last night) and we thought Sony was crazy sending us 300 PS4s...they were gone in less than 6 hours.

For those asking about Switches, we got 170 and we currently have about half of them left.

Looks like stock isn't as much of an issue for the Switch.

I'm gonna have to call BS on what Normchacho said. I was in one of the Targets downtown Chicago buying paper wrap for gifts and found a shelf with 6 PS4s just sitting there no one close trying to grab them.

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/juhgm8.png[/IMG]

http://tinypic.com/r/juhgm8/9