By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 sold like there was no tomorrow at my Best Buy

jlauro said:
Turkish said:
Wait until $149 PS4

Total mayhem

Not really.  By then 4k TVs will be more common and the market for a sub pro version will be milked and not in demand as the pro will probably be $249 at the same time.

I agree. Pretty sure Sony will strongly market the Pro by this time next year instead of the Slim.

Around the Network
FattyDingDong said:

The Best Buy I work at in downtown Chicago sold so many 199$ PS4's it was unbelievable. I must say it greatly surprised me because it had been on sale for 199$ throughout the whole week so I did not really expect it to be that crazy tonight. We had roughly 200 PS4s in stock before 5pm (when we opened) I left at around midnight and only 17 PS4s were left. Which means tomorrow when we open the doors again at 8am we will have only 17 units in stock which will naturally sell out like hot cakes. It was seriously unbelievable, I work at the Mobile Department and as I was looking around the store i could see 1/3 of all the present customers were holding a PS4 in their hands it was unbelievable. Also a friend of mine who works at Best Buy but in a different location told me the same story of how they almost sold out of all the PS4 units they had.   Also, I will have to say Nintendo Switch came in second that also kinda surprised me since the console is 299$ I must say I am impressed by Nintendo switch it's very popular.  

Did Sony underestimate the demand or what?

So can you compare these PS4 numbers to:

1. How many ps4s your Best Buy received AND sold through in the same time frame for Black Friday 2016 (or rather, the Thursday prior)?

2. The stock quantity and sell through for XBO at your Best Buy yesterday? 

Normchacho said:
I work at a Target that's super busy on Black Friday (#1 on the North East last night) and we thought Sony was crazy sending us 300 PS4s...they were gone in less than 6 hours.

For those asking about Switches, we got 170 and we currently have about half of them left.

That’s insane. Wondering the same things I asked fattydingdong.

Can you compare these PS4 numbers to:

1. How many ps4s your Target received AND sold through in the same time frame for Black Friday 2016 (or rather, the Thursday prior)?

2. The stock quantity and sell through for XBO yesterday at your Target? 

Errorist76 said:
jlauro said:

Not really.  By then 4k TVs will be more common and the market for a sub pro version will be milked and not in demand as the pro will probably be $249 at the same time.

I agree. Pretty sure Sony will strongly market the Pro by this time next year instead of the Slim.

Agree, as well.  And by next year, the Pro will more than likely have an official cut to $299 just in time for the holidays.  The Slim will officially be $199, so not sure we will see further BF price cuts.  More likely it will just come with a game or two, with stores latching a gift card onto it, too.

At this rate we won't see a PS5 for a WHILE, there's still so much momentum for PS4/Pro. I'm personally glad, I prefer longer generations where we can sink our teeth into.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

I really don't understand what exactly is your point when you replied to me!?

He just made a very clear and valid point and the best you could do was play dumb and pretend you don't know what's going on. Think it's time to move on. 

You've been non stop posting regarding thevps4 this Friday.  It's selling like hotcakes. Get over it and stop downplaying.

How wall of text have something with my post with two lines!?  Points he made don't have anything with what I wrote. And no, PS4 is not sold out, you have on every online retailer available PS4 console, only difference is that $199 Black Friday price isn't available anymore, and $199 is not new official PS4 1TB price, its just Black Friday deal.

I am not downplaying anything (also it's hilarious that accusation coming from you, lol), and about who is playing dumb, I will just post what you wrote today, and that was actually my point also:

Kerotan said:
They probably only want to sell a certain amount at that price point.

Anyway Germany has a €200 1tb ps4 slim. lucky them.

Like I wrote, you are really hilarious. :D

Turkish said:
Wait until $149 PS4

Total mayhem

I'll be hiding in the itshappening.gif bunker when that happens. 

There could be riots. $149 ps4 super slim and $249 PS4 PRO. 

Holy shit, it will be dangerous. 

@miyamotto time you move on and let it go. It's getting embarrassing now.

DialgaMarine said:
If Amazon is any indicator, $199 PS4 is a sales beast everywhere. PS4 wins Black Friday confirmed?

We'll find out when the NPD data comes in!

Miyamotoo said:

How wall of text have something with my post with two lines!?  Points he made don't have anything with what I wrote. And no, PS4 is not sold out, you have on every online retailer available PS4 console, only difference is that $199 Black Friday price isn't available anymore, and $199 is not new official PS4 1TB price, its just Black Friday deal.

The PS4 is sold out at many locations, but not everywhere.

The $199 is the official Black Friday week price from Sony.  It is still available for today, and at least 3 more days after today.  Not sure why you are saying it isn't available anymore???

jlauro said:
Miyamotoo said:

The PS4 is sold out at many locations, but not everywhere.

The $199 is the official Black Friday week price from Sony.  It is still available for today, and at least 3 more days after today.  Not sure why you are saying it isn't available anymore???

It's practically unavailable at $199. You can grab it at other prices, though:

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/