Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 sold like there was no tomorrow at my Best Buy

This is crazy world... How much have sony expected to sell in USA for they to be sold out so early on its 4th year? I will say it must have been good volume (even if Switch have been winning NPDs and X1X is to launch, PS4 still was seeing growth YOY every month, and BF was just ahead) but 199 was just to much for the sales to resist demand.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network

Without shortages PS4 would most likely win BF sales by a large margin, but it will probably win anyway. November win should also be in the pack.

PS4 199 = open the floodgates.

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

It was $ 399 at launch (the 500gb version).
Today, they're selling the 1TB version with games (bundles) for $250, and $199 on black friday.

They're making any money? Or the first pricetag (399) was hyper overpriced?

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony continues with that price again during this holiday after Black Friday weekend like they did before to gain more sales.

rodea_sky_soldier said:
It was $ 399 at launch (the 500gb version).
Today, they're selling the 1TB version with games (bundles) for $250, and $199 on black friday.

They're making any money? Or the first pricetag (399) was hyper overpriced?

It’s four years later and Sony consistently updates their consoles to be more silent, less power hungry and cheaper to produce.

Around the Network
FattyDingDong said: 

Did Sony underestimate the demand or what?

I dont think its about if Sony underestimated demand, but about how many consoles they want to sell at $199 price point. Beacuse hardly $199 will be new ofical PS4 1TB price point going from $300-350.

It's not that Sony underestimated demand, it's just they can only make so many. They're also doing great WW, so can't just funnel all their shipments to the US. I mean ~200 for just one store is insane. Usually they have around 75-100. The Walmart I went to had ~75, but with maybe 40-50 XBOs. Sony wasn't messing around this week, or BF. I'm getting pretty confident they're trying to make sure they beat XBOX month and Switch's first holiday season.

But if there were no tomorrow then how would people have time to play with their shiny new PS4s? :O

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

To be fair, there is huge difference between official price of $300-350 for 1TB model and for $199 for same model, so of course it will sell great, I mean PS4 was selling great even before this BF deal.

Yeah, it was obvious that a 199$PS4 will fly off the shelves. Pretty impresed to see that Switch came second with no deals though, that's nice.