By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ps4 Minecraft bundle

COKTOE said:
KLAMarine said:

FIFA 17 will keep them busy plenty. IN FAIRNESS, sports games don't change much with the release of a sequel.

Yeah, it's quite true that sports games generally change very little year to year, but as I was getting at, that's a pretty small number of people next to the droves that have made it the biggest selling game of the year. And again, with waiting for FIFA 18 on EA Access as a plan, and expanding on that plan with falling back on FIFA 17 in the meantime.....Look, this already small group of people is going to have it's numbers whittled down with violence. The ambulance drivers who come to aid them are in peril too.

How many people?

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Kerotan said:

I just thought they'd not want to assist Sony in becoming even 

More dominant in Europe. 

Microsoft isn't run by little kids, there one of the most richest and successful companies in history. They know how to make money and selling hardware isn't the gold mine everyone is lead to believe.

That's for damn sure, because they report significant hardware losses every single quarter

Wasn’t this bundle made before MS bought MC?

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Tmfwang said:
Wasn’t this bundle made before MS bought MC?

Nooope. That's a slim in that box. Newer version console. MS bought Mojang in 2014

Kerotan said:

Why would Microsoft do a bundle on the ps4?

Because adults usually don't care about console wars.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
jason1637 said:
So Sony is paying Microsoft to bundle their game?

Never heard of one console paying another console to bundle their game.  Then again this could be the first example of that.

I assume that Microsoft is only making money off the sales of Minecraft, as opposed to getting "paid" to even allow the bundling.

Would Microsoft even have control of that bundling?

I don't think Sony could just bundle Minecraft without going to Microsoft and agreeing on a deal since they don't own the IP.

Bandorr said:
jason1637 said:

I don't think Sony could just bundle Minecraft without going to Microsoft and agreeing on a deal since they don't own the IP.

I guess that makes sense. That is the entire point of marketing rights after all.  Although they can do what Microsoft has done many times and offer a "free game" and let that free game be Minecraft.

Truly fascinating.  Then again perhaps whatever contract allowed PS to "have" Minecraft in the first place - also allows it to bundle it however they see fit?

Hard to guess how a "third party" game that released on Playstation then became a "second party" (or first if you prefer) game afterwards would act.

If Playstation had the rights to "bundle" it before, they probably got to keep those after.

Why bundle it now though?  Was there ever a Vita bundle? I think a Vita bundle would have sold amazing before it came out on switch. It would have been the only "portable" (ignoring Android/IOS) version of the game.

IF they do have to pay for the bundling that explains why they haven't done it before.  But why now?

If you look at Sony's PS4 bundles they don't have a kid friendly bundle. So maybe why they bundled Minecraft. IMO they should have went with a R&C and Knack 2 bundle instead.

Carl2291 said:
Kerotan said:

Ha! Way to cut into the userbase here Carl.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Azzanation said:
Kerotan said:

Only problem is Microsoft isn't giving Sony any major games. Sony got the Minecraft deal do e pre MS. 

Jesus the revenue fifa 18 generators on ps4 must dwarf the xb1. 

In fairness he doesn't like seeing ps4 take over the world.  

MS is giving PS a major game. Its called Minecraft. 

Link me this deal that MS have to obey since they acquired the franchise .. 

They dont have to release the game on PS4 or even update it. They do it because they want to and its making them money.

Ps got it long before Microsoft got involved. Sony legally have the licenses. They can't do squat. 

Do you think Microsoft wouldn't publish Minecraft in Japan instead of Sony of they could?

Carl2291 said:
Kerotan said:

No Microsoft are part of a console war they are losing badly. Of course they care. 

And if this case was usual where are the other MS games on ps4? The only reason MC is there is because Sony struck the deal with Mojang

Kerotan said:
twintail said:

For the exact same reason they didn't stop non Xbox versions being sold... They make money off MC software. And they'll make money off that bundle

I just thought they'd not want to assist Sony in becoming even 

More dominant in Europe. 

They've probably just accepted reality.