By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ps4 Minecraft bundle

Azzanation said:
Kerotan said:

Strange comment. If that was the case halo and Forza would release on ps4 aswell. Mineraft sells a lot of ps4's to kids around the world and if it wasn't on ps4 they'd sell for Xboxs and close the gap. 

Anyway the real reason MS can't stop selling on ps4 is because Sony signed the deals before MS bought it. In Japan Sony even publish it. 

Anyway MS have truly given up in Europe if they've resorted to bundling their game on ps4.

Just because they don't focus on Hardware like Sony and Nintendo, doesn't mean they just throw all there games away to there competitors. MS is a Business just like Sony and Big N who do deals with each other all the time in and outside of gaming. They aren't holding Pom Poms and cheering when they outsell there competitor. They cheer when they make money.

Also link me this Minecraft deal everyone keeps talking about? Because MC is completely owned by MS not shared like Pokémon is to Nintendo. MS own 100% of MC and they can do as they please with it.

Also Minecraft is expandable for MS. They are probably using the sales of Switch and PS4 to help pay off the $2.5b costing price of the franchise that they paid for. 

Eventually if Sony allows Live on PS4 you will see Halo and co on PS4 at the cost of paying for the Live service.

Companies aren't cheerleaders like the fans that follow. There business man and woman aiming to gain as much market as they can. So PS4 MC bundles sold earns MS profit and keeping some exclusives for the Xbox Hardware generates interests in there hardware as well so its a win win situation.  

In other words, if you aren't going to buy MS hardware, they can still make money off there games.

Only problem is Microsoft isn't giving Sony any major games. Sony got the Minecraft deal do e pre MS. 

KLAMarine said:
Kerotan said:

They won't abandon Europe. Their presence is already very limited.  Fifa 18 on ps4 in Europe has outsold the xb1 by around 4.5:1 That's just a crazy stat.

In fairness, XBox 1 owners have the luxury of EA Access. Subscribers wouldn't need to buy FIFA 18.

Jesus the revenue fifa 18 generators on ps4 must dwarf the xb1. 

Bandorr said:
KLAMarine said:

In fairness, XBox 1 owners have the luxury of EA Access. Subscribers wouldn't need to buy FIFA 18.

Why is it that you keep saying "in fairness" any time the PS4 is brought up?

It feels like every post I see of yours lately is saying that.  For example "In fairness, the PS4 did not confront the firm competition that the Wii did."

As if people are being "unfair" whenever the Playstation is being brought up.

And when do you think FIFA 18 will rotate into the EA access storage bin? 6 months?

In fairness he doesn't like seeing ps4 take over the world.  

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
KLAMarine said:

It feels like every post I see of yours lately is saying that.  For example "In fairness, the PS4 did not confront the firm competition that the Wii did."

I don't say "in fairness" when the PS4 is brought up, I say it when relevant factors are not brought up in a discussion where they would help to provide useful insight.

Bandorr said:

And when do you think FIFA 18 will rotate into the EA access storage bin? 6 months?

I don't know. Some number of months I guess?.. I'd still expect subscribers to hold off on purchasing the next iteration of Madden or FIFA or whatever since EA Access will eventually get it to them.

Kerotan said:
KLAMarine said:

Would make sense considering install bases.

Kerotan said:
Bandorr said:

I, more than anyone else, would know the reasons why I do what I do. That said, you're wrong.

I'm just an asshole.

So Sony is paying Microsoft to bundle their game?

Need to make that $2.5 Billion back some how...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Bandorr said:

I don't say "in fairness" when the PS4 is brought up, I say it when relevant factors are not brought up in a discussion where they would help to provide useful insight.

Bandorr said:

I don't know. Some number of months I guess?.. I'd still expect subscribers to hold off on purchasing the next iteration of Madden or FIFA or whatever since EA Access will eventually get it to them.

I wonder what the number is? Of XBO owning, EA:A subscribing, football lovers who are sitting on their hands waiting for FIFA 18 to arrive on Access so they can finally play it? Just bringing up this plan in the wrong pub could see you getting cracked with a pool cue.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Bandorr said:
KLAMarine said:

How often have you said "in fairness" lately? I've seen two instances. What other instances have there been? Or do you think I'd believe it is just a coincidence you said "in fairness" when desperately trying to people to ignore the success of the ps4.

I don't know, I don't keep track of all the posts I've made. Why don't you comb my comments and see what you find?

Bandorr said:

Specially when combined with stuff like "looking being the keyword" yet giving no reason, logic, or explanation to go with it. Coming off as someone annoyed that others are hyped for something you clearly don't like.

Judge not a book by its cover. That's the logic.

Bandorr said:

I expect EA subscribers to try out the demo, then buy the game on a discount. Not waiting multiple months to play a "new" game because they are willing to pay for a monthly subscription.. but not a new game.

The cost of EA Access is about $30 a year. That's much less than the cost of a new FIFA game hence why I expect many EA Access customers would not mind waiting.

Bandorr said:

Shame I seem to recall you being less "annoyed" in the past.  Too bad the PS4 doing so well has driven you to be so passive aggressive over it. I will miss those good conversations.

Has this conversation not been a good one? I thought we were having a pleasant and civilized conversation.

COKTOE said:
KLAMarine said:

I wonder what the number is? Of XBO owning, EA:A subscribing, football lovers who are sitting on their hands waiting for FIFA 18 to arrive on Access so they can finally play it? Just bringing up this plan in the wrong pub could see you getting cracked with a pool cue.

FIFA 17 will keep them busy plenty. IN FAIRNESS, sports games don't change much with the release of a sequel.

Kerotan said:
Azzanation said:

Just because they don't focus on Hardware like Sony and Nintendo, doesn't mean they just throw all there games away to there competitors. MS is a Business just like Sony and Big N who do deals with each other all the time in and outside of gaming. They aren't holding Pom Poms and cheering when they outsell there competitor. They cheer when they make money.

Also link me this Minecraft deal everyone keeps talking about? Because MC is completely owned by MS not shared like Pokémon is to Nintendo. MS own 100% of MC and they can do as they please with it.

Also Minecraft is expandable for MS. They are probably using the sales of Switch and PS4 to help pay off the $2.5b costing price of the franchise that they paid for. 

Eventually if Sony allows Live on PS4 you will see Halo and co on PS4 at the cost of paying for the Live service.

Companies aren't cheerleaders like the fans that follow. There business man and woman aiming to gain as much market as they can. So PS4 MC bundles sold earns MS profit and keeping some exclusives for the Xbox Hardware generates interests in there hardware as well so its a win win situation.  

In other words, if you aren't going to buy MS hardware, they can still make money off there games.

Only problem is Microsoft isn't giving Sony any major games. Sony got the Minecraft deal do e pre MS. 

KLAMarine said:

Bandorr said:

MS is giving PS a major game. Its called Minecraft. 

Link me this deal that MS have to obey since they acquired the franchise .. 

They dont have to release the game on PS4 or even update it. They do it because they want to and its making them money.

KLAMarine said:
COKTOE said:

FIFA 17 will keep them busy plenty. IN FAIRNESS, sports games don't change much with the release of a sequel.

Yeah, it's quite true that sports games generally change very little year to year, but as I was getting at, that's a pretty small number of people next to the droves that have made it the biggest selling game of the year. And again, with waiting for FIFA 18 on EA Access as a plan, and expanding on that plan with falling back on FIFA 17 in the meantime.....Look, this already small group of people is going to have it's numbers whittled down with violence. The ambulance drivers who come to aid them are in peril too.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."