By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I love short games

Do you share my fondness for short games?

Yes 16 53.33%

No 12 40.00%

See results 2 6.67%

Total:30
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
caffeinade said:

I won't buy BF2.
If you buy: The Beginner's Guide.

Hm. Actually, buy BF2. Good luck  

Time to buy some Loot Boxes!

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
caffeinade said:
The Beginner's Guide is currently $4 on Steam.
It takes about an hour to play.
It runs on pretty much anything (Windows, Mac, Linux).

What do you have to lose.

$4.

Whilst you bring up a decent point; If you don't have $4 and an hour to spare...

What are you doing.

RolStoppable said:
This explains your score for Fire Emblem Warriors.

It explains my score for Nier: Automata (at least, in part).

FE:W could of been an hour long, and I still would have given it a 3.
FE:W has too many complex systems for an hour long game; so I probably would have given it a lower score.

caffeinade said:
RolStoppable said:
This explains your score for Fire Emblem Warriors.

I really enjoy long and short games alike but i cant stress enough how i much i hate it when a game is wasting my time! Nier automata does exactly that,paired with mediocre combat, disgusting graphics/visuals and constant crashes because devs dont even know their game exist on steam (not a single patch since release to fix a buttload of issues).  Got that trash tier game refunded quick!

#Ladies

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

I don't mind indie games being short, but when a game is €50-€60, I feel like I should get more than just a few hours of gameplay.

The Beginners Guide? Well, if you like that kind of stuff... good for you I guess xD

I agree with you about short games though. I love to be able to play a great game from start to finish in a couple hours. And if I can replay it over time, even better. Some evenings when I don't know what to do I play games that I can beat in no time like Punch-Out!! (NES), a 2D Metroid or something like that. I really enjoy that kind of game sessions xD

Short games are cool but I rarely have time to get into them. Right now I'm rather enjoying no brain big open world games that require the least attention possible.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I use to hate them as a kid when I would only get 1 game every couple months. Now they seem like a blessing considering I have such little time to play games.

Kerozinn said:
caffeinade said:

I really enjoy long and short games alike but i cant stress enough how i much i hate it when a game is wasting my time! Nier automata does exactly that,paired with mediocre combat, disgusting graphics/visuals and constant crashes because devs dont even know their game exist on steam (not a single patch since release to fix a buttload of issues).  Got that trash tier game refunded quick!

I played the whole game (a decent amount of the endings).
I feel robbed of my time and money.

I liked Xenoblade Chronicles, and I spent about 100 hours on that game.
Long games can be fantastic, but I can play 50+ fantastic 2 hours in the time it took me to play Xenoblade Chronicles.

I just want to play good games.