By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Sells over 500k

Con

gra 7 87.50%

ts 1 12.50%

Total:8

That is awesome. Well deserved for one of the absolute best looking games money can currently buy. Loved it.

Around the Network

I still plan on buying it myself..
I just can't decide if I want it on PC, or on PS4. Big screen with controller, or small screen but better detail with KBM?
This ponderance has been perplexing me since the game's release and is the only reason I have not purchased it yet.

Still didn’t have the time to play more than the first hour...I loved what I played but immediately noticed I want to play the game in one long sitting. Ninja Theory are one of my favourite developers. They deserve getting my full attention!

Great to hear it sold decently, still hoping it’ll reach a million or more. NT deserve respect for pushing throughout this project on their own!

IkePoR said:
Pionner said:
3x more on PS4. I thought PC owners would of bought the game.                             

Kerotan said: 
  • About half the sales were on PC.

Reading is fundamental.

I was going by steamspy which has it at 166K owners.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

forest-spirit said:
That's decent but I wish it had fared better. I'm not sure if 500k is enough to convince others that there's a market for AA games.

I think breaking even in 3 months is extremely good. While 500k may seem low, the cost of maintaining a 20 people team for 3 years is way lower than  a regular 100-200 people team for 4-5 years to do an AAA.

The risk was also much lower. Even if it underperformed badly, like 100K, the damage would still be much lower than an AAA game failing to do 1.5M. And the latter is actually not hard at all. Of course, an AA game won't give the profits of an AAA success (Witcher 3, per instance), but the risks are lower. If the Witcher 3 had sold only 2M CD Project Red would probably be bankrupt at this point. The AAA model also almost destroyed Crytek even if their games were selling millions of copies.

You also don't have to deal with a publisher. AAA games will have a huge publisher messing up with your decisions (like loot boxes on BF2) and adding weird stuff even if you don't want to. If the game flops, they lose some cash but your studio goes bankrupt. With an AA model at least you can conduct your business strategy as you prefer, it's hard to make money with a big brother calling most of the shots.

Around the Network

250K in the first week? That was probably covered by all the youtubers and twitch streamers

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

BasilZero said:
Pionner said:

Regardless of what legends say, Steam isnt the only platform on the PC ecosystem.

Steamspy only takes account on Steam copies sold - also the number is above 180k now for SteamSpy.

This game is also on GOG which is where it sold most more than likely on the overall PC ecosystem due to the fact its DRM Free.

You know, i had forgot there are other digital places it can be bought besides Steam.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Raistline said:
I still plan on buying it myself..
I just can't decide if I want it on PC, or on PS4. Big screen with controller, or small screen but better detail with KBM?
This ponderance has been perplexing me since the game's release and is the only reason I have not purchased it yet.

Big Screen and controller easily. The game still looks incredible on ps4. Also the game is designed to be be played wearing headphones, you really should do this to experience the amazing audio.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Pionner said:
IkePoR said:

Reading is fundamental.

Well, even if that were the only sales on PC, it would be closer to 2x as much on PS4 and not 3x. 

has there been any word on an Xbone release?

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.