By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (OUT NOW!) GT Sport free December Update - 12 new cars, offline singleplayer GT League, Livery Editor

Well this game wasn't ready for launch..

Better late than never though!

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Excited for these ones. Hopefully all future updates are free too. 

Tbh if the majority of the game’s sales happen at 30,- or less I can definitely see some paid DLCs coming up. It’s most likely they’re going to be mixed imho...some for free and some paid ones later down the line, like in GT5. That said, if I think about it I’m not sure how paid DLC would work for the online part of the game. Could definitely cause fairness or balancing issues. All players should have an equal playing field, right?!

They could just loan out the cars and tracks stricktly for the sanctioned online events, if they decide to bring paid DLC in the future. I would prefer they go service based though as opposed to DLC, to keep everyone unified. Whatever they do, I expect it rough waters, just hopefully not so rough that we loose the franchise. 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
Errorist76 said:

Tbh if the majority of the game’s sales happen at 30,- or less I can definitely see some paid DLCs coming up. It’s most likely they’re going to be mixed imho...some for free and some paid ones later down the line, like in GT5. That said, if I think about it I’m not sure how paid DLC would work for the online part of the game. Could definitely cause fairness or balancing issues. All players should have an equal playing field, right?!

They could just loan out the cars and tracks stricktly for the sanctioned online events, if they decide to bring paid DLC in the future. I would prefer they go service based though as opposed to DLC, to keep everyone unified.

>>>That’s definitely a possibility.

Whatever they do, I expect it rough waters, just hopefully not so rough that we loose the franchise. 

Thats highly unlikely with Sony’s backing. Especially since it’s not the game which was lacking in quality in the first place. It’s still selling quite a bit better than Forza for example, which is made by a much bigger team.

Once the Singleplayer campaign is back and people can’t complain about missing content anymore due to the full price, a lot of people, who initially held off buying the game, will buy it and see how wrong they were. The game will have legs over time, especially if they are able to continuously keep it in the headlines, by constantly adding cars, tracks and features.

I very much hope they’re already working on a more fleshed out VR mode though. It can’t be that difficult, can it?! Even online races in VR shouldn’t be too difficult to realise, even if it’s just 1vs1.

I know for sure Sony was demoing GTS with PSVR and 16 opponent races several months ago. I definitely want them to make it possible, even if it’s paid DLC and, understandably, only available on PS4 Pro.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 22 November 2017

I said it was possible to do carreer patch very very fast

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'll get back to it in December for the new single player content. For now I'm all played out.

I hope they fix the penalty system and kinda disappointed they didn't announce any improvements for VR. A new track would have been nice but I guess that's for the next patch. I assume that the new campaign will at least utilize all tracks, unlike sports mode that ignores rally and the Nordschleife.

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Excited for these ones. Hopefully all future updates are free too. 

The official online races have the performance points balance... so all cars in that tier for that race will have the same performance, so even if you can't race that car because of DLC you won't have any issues of unfairness, because that could also be claimed for cars that still don't have credits for.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Errorist76 said:

The official online races have the performance points balance... so all cars in that tier for that race will have the same performance, so even if you can't race that car because of DLC you won't have any issues of unfairness, because that could also be claimed for cars that still don't have credits for.

That's why everyone uses the Volkswagen VGT on the oval tracks :p The bop still needs some tweaking. They already adjusted a few cars down yet new ones keep popping up and you always see the same cars at the top of qualifying rankings. There are also one make races, not sure how paid DLC is going to handle that.

Anyway the difference between wheel and controller users is creating the same balancing issues. Then there's lag. It will never be entirely fair. It's not in rl either. What the game really needs is more people playing for better matchmaking. So that $30 price is a good start.

SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:

That's why everyone uses the Volkswagen VGT on the oval tracks :p The bop still needs some tweaking. They already adjusted a few cars down yet new ones keep popping up and you always see the same cars at the top of qualifying rankings. There are also one make races, not sure how paid DLC is going to handle that.

Anyway the difference between wheel and controller users is creating the same balancing issues. Then there's lag. It will never be entirely fair. It's not in rl either. What the game really needs is more people playing for better matchmaking. So that $30 price is a good start.

Yep you are right. Perfect balance won't ever exist... even more because people habilities are also different.

GribbleGrunger said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:
why not from the start?

It's a service, not a traditional GT game. Think Driveclub but spanning two or more generations. They'll add 4K textures and make it run at 60fps for the PS5. 

but after that long time of developement i hoped somehow for a complete game, seems they are going an other way

DonFerrari said:
I said it was possible to do carreer patch very very fast

Of course...it’s basically just building some menus with photoshop and using the custom race mode in GTS to build a number of races with the available tracks and cars. Like I have said before, the content was there all the time...people just prefer someone else building the races for them (and calling them Sunday Cup of course. ;)