By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (OUT NOW!) GT Sport free December Update - 12 new cars, offline singleplayer GT League, Livery Editor

DonFerrari said:

yes, the right techs doesn't work.

Well late brake is dangerous, but if you do it right, that will make the guy ramming on your tail or side a little harder.

I still can't understand why people enter the mp version of the game to do this... they can do all the crashing gallore they want on the SP content so why go there and tarnish other people fun?

Owww yesterday I raised my sportmanship to B, but my driver is still D. And won my first race on the official version on a strange way of everyone doing more pits than necessary, ended up 20s ahead.

Pitstops in an online race? I haven't seen that yet, so far there was always a barrier across the pit lane.

Late braking does work when they follow you, then they can't hold onto the line and end up in the grass. If they cut in too much they ghost out and harmlessly move through you, yet still end up in front of you despite the corner cut penalty.

I think it would be an improvement if penalties were permanent in higher SR classes. Or force you to give up your position or get dq. The problem with that is ofcourse that the current algorithm can't decide who was in the wrong. They did change it now that yellow flag warnings are displayed on screen with a don't pass warning, no clue if the game will actually act on that warning.

Update: The game does act on the yellow flag no passing warning and of course it's more bullshit lol. On Bluemoon speedway someone crashed in the first corner a few seconds before I got there. (didn't see what happened) Yellow flag, he was spun around, ghosted and stopped on the inside, I got a SR downrating plus 5 sec penalty for passing him. It wouldn't even have physically been possible to stop by the time I spotted him.
I thought no passing meant, not passing any racers, not the wreck...

Last edited by SvennoJ - on 29 November 2017

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:

yes, the right techs doesn't work.

Well late brake is dangerous, but if you do it right, that will make the guy ramming on your tail or side a little harder.

I still can't understand why people enter the mp version of the game to do this... they can do all the crashing gallore they want on the SP content so why go there and tarnish other people fun?

Owww yesterday I raised my sportmanship to B, but my driver is still D. And won my first race on the official version on a strange way of everyone doing more pits than necessary, ended up 20s ahead.

Pitstops in an online race? I haven't seen that yet, so far there was always a barrier across the pit lane.

Late braking does work when they follow you, then they can't hold onto the line and end up in the grass. If they cut in too much they ghost out and harmlessly move through you, yet still end up in front of you despite the corner cut penalty.

I think it would be an improvement if penalties were permanent in higher SR classes. Or force you to give up your position or get dq. The problem with that is ofcourse that the current algorithm can't decide who was in the wrong. They did change it now that yellow flag warnings are displayed on screen with a don't pass warning, no clue if the game will actually act on that warning.

Update: The game does act on the yellow flag no passing warning and of course it's more bullshit lol. On Bluemoon speedway someone crashed in the first corner a few seconds before I got there. (didn't see what happened) Yellow flag, he was spun around, ghosted and stopped on the inside, I got a SR downrating plus 5 sec penalty for passing him. It wouldn't even have physically been possible to stop by the time I spotted him.
I thought no passing meant, not passing any racers, not the wreck...

Yes man, don't ask me why, but it showed them pitting and then all the way on the back. Could be a glitch, but that is what showed.

I feel like a very lousy driver when I do a very good corner but the guy even darting and doing lousy late braking can still keep the car stable and pass me.... But sure as hell they doing this usually break my good lap time on qualifying... I had 3 very good laps ruined by people ramming in me.

It's kinda of useless the yellow flag... the guy is spinning on the road or hit the barrier, are we supposed to just stop and wait he to come back?

I got a 10s penalty for a very light touch that was caused by another and having to touch a little out of the track... I'm enjoying the race more for the wack of it... but SP still being better.

Yesterday done Nurb 4 laps. A very silly mistake costed me 20s and the race (done pitless with map 5 on hard tyres, but on the end the tyre was quite bad even if showing like 60% still good). But I was surprised I could control myself so decently for 4 full laps.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

Yes man, don't ask me why, but it showed them pitting and then all the way on the back. Could be a glitch, but that is what showed.

I feel like a very lousy driver when I do a very good corner but the guy even darting and doing lousy late braking can still keep the car stable and pass me.... But sure as hell they doing this usually break my good lap time on qualifying... I had 3 very good laps ruined by people ramming in me.

It's kinda of useless the yellow flag... the guy is spinning on the road or hit the barrier, are we supposed to just stop and wait he to come back?

I got a 10s penalty for a very light touch that was caused by another and having to touch a little out of the track... I'm enjoying the race more for the wack of it... but SP still being better.

Yesterday done Nurb 4 laps. A very silly mistake costed me 20s and the race (done pitless with map 5 on hard tyres, but on the end the tyre was quite bad even if showing like 60% still good). But I was surprised I could control myself so decently for 4 full laps.

I made the mistake of starting that 4 lap race on intermediate tires, those didn't last. Then I did it on hard, simply pitted in the middle and when the rest of the field pitted at the end of lap 3 I was way ahead. Single player, always pit early, and rubber banding will work to your advantage.

The darting behind you could also be lag, and yeah the draft effect is quite strong. You have to brake earlier than usual as you're missing the wind resistance. Not everyone gets that and when they brake at the same time they'll run into you, lights flashing and all.

I guess a good strategy for the 10 minute qualifying is to get out first, set a good lap time, then slow down and make sure nobody else can improve their time by driving in the way... I swear I've seen people do that, move aside if you can't keep your speed up. It's a qualifier not tour mode!

SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:

I made the mistake of starting that 4 lap race on intermediate tires, those didn't last. Then I did it on hard, simply pitted in the middle and when the rest of the field pitted at the end of lap 3 I was way ahead. Single player, always pit early, and rubber banding will work to your advantage.

The darting behind you could also be lag, and yeah the draft effect is quite strong. You have to brake earlier than usual as you're missing the wind resistance. Not everyone gets that and when they brake at the same time they'll run into you, lights flashing and all.

I guess a good strategy for the 10 minute qualifying is to get out first, set a good lap time, then slow down and make sure nobody else can improve their time by driving in the way... I swear I've seen people do that, move aside if you can't keep your speed up. It's a qualifier not tour mode!

I have seem guys slaloonying on the track to prevent you from passing or doing a good time, and cutting corner to your side to hit you as if they were really fighting for position on the time trial..

This is what made me frustrated knowing I could get in 6th or better on the lap I was doing on the training but because of the suckers I go dead last.

And I do go out of pit as fast as possible.

It is possible to do Hard on map 5 without any pit (i finished the race and was even able to use map 4 on last lap). But basically do a 40min time... have to see if map 1 with medium for first lap and then refuel for 3 laps on hard would be better.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:

I have seem guys slaloonying on the track to prevent you from passing or doing a good time, and cutting corner to your side to hit you as if they were really fighting for position on the time trial..

This is what made me frustrated knowing I could get in 6th or better on the lap I was doing on the training but because of the suckers I go dead last.

It is possible to do Hard on map 5 without any pit (i finished the race and was even able to use map 4 on last lap). But basically do a 40min time... have to see if map 1 with medium for first lap and then refuel for 3 laps on hard would be better.

The pit lane is indeed open on the Suzuka one today, yet with tire wear x3 and fuel x1 it's not needed in the slightest on 8 laps.

The penalty system had more bullshit moments this one race. First it spawned a crashed car right in front of me during yellow flag, SR down, 5 sec penalty for passing. Wtf! Then some other player kept using me as a guide rail in  corners to get back ahead over and over. I had enough of it so I did the same to him in the corner before last on Suzuka, gently enough not to get a penalty. Next thing he crashed full speed into me in the chicane, we both wipe out, the game spawns him in front of me... At least I didn't get a penalty for that blatant attack. He had a red rating at the end, yet no penalty, mine was still blue despite that one no passing penalty. Welcome to my block list. It turned out it was a French Canadian, that explains it :p

My block list has been growing quite fast since GT Sport, I wonder if there's a limit on it lol. Not that it matters, the game still matches me with those idiots.

Can't wait for GT League to get away from other players for a while. Online racing teaches you how to hate :

Last edited by SvennoJ - on 30 November 2017

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:

The pit lane is indeed open on the Suzuka one today, yet with tire wear x3 and fuel x1 it's not needed in the slightest on 8 laps.

The penalty system had more bullshit moments this one race. First it spawned a crashed car right in front of me during yellow flag, SR down, 5 sec penalty for passing. Wtf! Then some other player kept using me as a guide rail in  corners to get back ahead over and over. I had enough of it so I did the same to him in the corner before last on Suzuka, gently enough not to get a penalty. Next thing he crashed full speed into me in the chicane, we both wipe out, the game spawns him in front of me... At least I didn't get a penalty for that blatant attack. He had a red rating at the end, yet no penalty, mine was still blue despite that one no passing penalty. Welcome to my block list. It turned out it was a French Canadian, that explains it :p

My block list has been growing quite fast since GT Sport, I wonder if there's a limit on it lol. Not that it matters, the game still matches me with those idiots.

Can't wait for GT League to get away from other players for a while. Online racing teaches you how to hate :/

I'm totally not sociable person... and this shit would piss me off.

DonFerrari said:

Haha next race, guy screws up in front of, goes sideways crossing the road right in front of me bouncing of the wall, I hit his door, 10 sec penalty and red rating after the race for that single incident. Yep you are right, it's better to qualify and be ahead of the screw ups!

I'm usually very calm about online shenanigans, yet combined with this broken penalty system it's starting to get to me...

SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:

Haha next race, guy screws up in front of, goes sideways crossing the road right in front of me bouncing of the wall, I hit his door, 10 sec penalty and red rating after the race for that single incident. Yep you are right, it's better to qualify and be ahead of the screw ups!

I'm usually very calm about online shenanigans, yet combined with this broken penalty system it's starting to get to me...

and when we are good at a game it is worse... I can't even care when I'm doing MP in shooter (because of a platinum) and get killed a lot. But in this game others playing bad is even worse to you because you don't take advantage of their crapyness, you just get punished.